We are 144,844 members in 73 forums discussing 114,677 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage I Breast Cancer → Topic: CALLING ALL STAGE I SISTERS

Topic: CALLING ALL STAGE I SISTERS

Forum: Stage I Breast Cancer — Meet other members with a Stage I breast cancer diagnosis to share information and support.

Posted on: Nov 6, 2009 02:34PM, edited Mar 18, 2014 08:48PM by sheila888

sheila888 wrote:

Page 456 of 485 (14,522 results)

Posts 13651 - 13680 (14,522 total)

Nov 29, 2012 08:51PM FireKracker wrote:

as you all know i am not shy...i will come into GCS dancin....in the red dress.

Chevy---no i dont have spell check and i dont need it.lol.

everyone knows what im tryin to say...i thought you understood me after all these years.

BTW are you comin to GCS for the reunion??????

And take those vitamins.

I am not stage 1...im stage 2 but was first dx stage 1 sooo the sistas let me stay....Im still grateful that im feelin good...goin on 3 yrs....I did a lot of complaining at the beg.but life is good and im happy to be alive.

Focktober!!!!Pink stinks!!!!

Nov 29, 2012 08:55PM iatigger wrote:

Granny, glad they let you stay, I can tell this place would not be the same without you.

Dx 9/17/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 2, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 10/15/2012 Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Hormonal Therapy 10/30/2012 Tamoxifen

Nov 29, 2012 09:02PM sheila888 wrote:

{{{{{{{♥Granny♥}}}}}}}

I love you my sister/friend.......

Sheila♥

Dx 4/8/2005, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Nov 29, 2012 10:17PM Belinda977 wrote:

Aimee, I feel so blessed/lucky.  My tumor was there for a while and should have been detected earlier (if I would have gone for my mammogram on time).  What a hard lesson to learn.  I pray we all stay on this board too.

Belinda -- Diagnosed 4/23/2012 with IDC with Ductal carcinoma at same site. Lumpectomy/Sentinel Node 5/17/12. Oncotype Score 19

Dx 4/23/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage Ia, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 05/17/2012 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Left)Radiation Therapy 07/30/2012 ExternalHormonal Therapy 09/18/2012 Tamoxifen

Nov 30, 2012 07:47AM Chevyboy wrote:

Morning gals.......Yes Tigger, I'm so grateful also.  And I'm thankful that I was much older than some of you gals when I heard I had BC.  It's  frightening anyway, and then to be younger with little kids, I don't know what I would do.

But I had DH, both our Daughter's, and Rosie.... Rosie was from Viet Nam, and she and my one Daughter became friends.... she got married years ago, but she says we are her "other Mom and Dad."  So she's like my Daughter from another Mother.Wink  They took me to the Hospital for the surgery, and THEN went shopping, lunching out, and had all KINDS of fun while I was "under the knife"...Ha!  Surgeon had to call them to ask if they would come get me, that I was ready to go home!  They were so fun to be around, that I didn't have time to think about ANYthing.  

And Kantalope.... I'm thankful for her... She makes me laugh all the time, and we love teasing each other.   See, I think everyone needs people around them, that will comfort you, and hold you in their arms, and just make you feel safe.  And you have to have someone that will make you laugh.... So I think that's why we are here for each other.  And that's your lesson for today girls!  Ha, ha! 

So I'll close my eyes when you gals all get together, and think of you in GCS!  I can't come and be with you.... I sort of can't leave DH alone for too long....But I'll BE there with you, in my heart.  I would love to think of you all gathered around, with music playing, and you guys dancing and just having a ball! 

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend.

Dx 10/26/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 30, 2012 07:51AM Chevyboy wrote:

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend.

Nov 30, 2012 07:51AM purple32 wrote:

iatigger

Can I be honest ? In a word, iatigger ? No!

Actually, I feel UNfortunate that  the (local) newspaper article that just came out around 2 weeks ago saying ppl with my stage  might consider just the ' watch and wait' instead of stirring things up!

Sure wish someone had told me that at the time. I just figured  BIG C - surgery! 
I got no rads, SNB  LX and 2 nodes out , and I have lymphedema.  We are ALL at risk for it ... no matter the stage , and it is lifelong.

I may ( or may not) get a  recurrence and any one of us can get into another stage. We are not out of the woods by any means.
I'm as grateful as the next person for what I DO have , but as my husband ( who was a stage 4 btw) always says : " If you're going to wish, wish BIG!"  I wish they never detected it in the first place to be honest with you!

Lymphedema on LEFT. NO radiation. 2 clean nodes. purple32. Hope is our light ... in the night.

Dx 3/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 05/01/2012 Lumpectomy (Left)

Nov 30, 2012 11:02AM sheila888 wrote:

purple....I don't thing anyone was saying we were lucky we had BC.......

It's just that I'm reading so much suffering .............

Yes....... that can change in a minute......

Yes...every little pain and discomfort makes me thing if it's coming back.......

BC is a scary word no matter what stage.....

Now I have a cup of coffee to find my head......Wink 

Sheila♥

Nov 30, 2012 01:22PM, edited Nov 30, 2012 01:56PM by TinaT

purple32 - I read that article as well.  Unless the one printed in my local paper was edited somehow the specific BC diagnosis was never stated, it only said "early breast cancers".  I assumed they were referring to Stage 0 DCIS or LCIS.  Did the article you read have more specifics?  I was a little surprised that they were so vague.

Additional areas of lobular neoplasia and multiple ADH throughout left breast found at mastectomy.
Dx 12/8/2010, ILC, <1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Dx 12/18/2010, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+Dx 2/16/2011, <1cm, Stage 0, 0/1 nodesSurgery 02/16/2011 Mastectomy (Both); Lymph Node Removal (Left); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Hormonal Therapy 04/15/2011 ArimidexSurgery 08/24/2011 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)

Additional areas of lobular neoplasia and multiple ADH throughout left breast found at mastectomy. Oncotype DX = 18 (Opted out of chemo)

Dx 12/8/2010, ILC, <1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Dx 12/18/2010, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+Surgery 02/16/2011 Mastectomy (Both); Lymph Node Removal (Left); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Hormonal Therapy 04/15/2011 ArimidexSurgery 08/24/2011 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Surgery 04/08/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)

Nov 30, 2012 06:59PM purple32 wrote:

was never stated, it only said "early breast cancers".  I assumed they were referring to Stage 0 DCIS or LCIS.  Did the article you read have more specifics?"

A few tina....something under 1 cm showing only on mammo, ' favorable conditions ' like ER PR pos.  Essentially, a luminal a cancer - like mine.

Lymphedema on LEFT. NO radiation. 2 clean nodes. purple32. Hope is our light ... in the night.

Dx 3/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 05/01/2012 Lumpectomy (Left)

Nov 30, 2012 08:19PM, edited Nov 30, 2012 08:34PM by TinaT

purple32 - My local paper must have truncated the article.  I don't remember reading any of what you wrote.  I was, of course, looking for my own stats in the piece.  Hmmmm, mine were all under 1cm, but I had an ILC, a DCIS, lobular neoplasia, and multiple areas of ADH "sprinkled throughout the mid-breast".  None of this showed up on my mammo.  The ILC was borderline (18) on the Oncotype DX testing so I had to decide about chemo.  Unless I read something more conclusive than this I'm still going to be satisfied that I made the right choice for me by choosing BMX.  I just had too much going on to convince me that leaving it all alone would have been the right path. 

I think most of us play the "what if" game throughout this process.  I'm sorry this article casts a shadow over your treatment choices, especially in light of your resulting lymphedema.  It all just plain sucks! 

Additional areas of lobular neoplasia and multiple ADH throughout left breast found at mastectomy. Oncotype DX = 18 (Opted out of chemo)

Dx 12/8/2010, ILC, <1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Dx 12/18/2010, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+Surgery 02/16/2011 Mastectomy (Both); Lymph Node Removal (Left); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Hormonal Therapy 04/15/2011 ArimidexSurgery 08/24/2011 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Surgery 04/08/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)

Dec 1, 2012 07:50AM purple32 wrote:

Tina

I have NO doubt that you made the right decision, and I apologize if I made anyone think perhaps they did not . I was talking strictly about myself.

In my situation with my early stage luminal A cancer and having bad lungs that resulted in me skipping rads AND bad bones < 3 serious breaks>  that resulted in me skipping ALS and CIRC/ vascular  that resulted in me skipping tamoxifen, it surely seems like surgery alone was not worth it - ESP . with the resulting LE after 2 clean nodes out.  Seems like all of the TX were a huge catch 22 for me...perfect storm.  I have even been warned against taking DIM because of a thyroid goiter !

Seeing ' my story" , I'm sure you can understand why I might feel this way.

Best wishes to you.

Dec 1, 2012 08:26AM Chevyboy wrote:

Morning Purple.... You know, speaking for myself, I didn't have to go through anything like you did... I mean we are all so different.   I maybe could have NOT even had the MammoSite radiation, but listening to my surgeon, convinced me that it would help, and also the 3 nodes were clear.  I COULD have done chemo, with an Onco score of 19, but I didn't want to.  I took Tamoxifen for 14 months and lost my hearing.  BUT I'm 3 years out now, doing good, and I DO find a lot to be thankful for.  When things affect us like they sometimes do, it's easy to understand why we really get down and have a hard time seeing anything good about what happened to us....

I just thank God everyday, that I am beyond all that happened in my life 10 years ago.......  I went through it, we got everything straightened out, but at the time I thought I couldn't and didn't want to go on anymore.  I was just done.   But  with the help of my friends, and my beliefs and determination, I came through it.   It WAS the darkest part of my life.  So I DO find things to be grateful for...  My breast cancer wasn't easy, but for me, maybe going through what I DID before, made it easier for me to face.

Take good care.

Dec 1, 2012 08:54AM Scottiee1 wrote:

Chevyboy....did you get your hearing back????? I've had tinnitis for more than 20yrs and it seems to be getting now that I'm on Letrozole.....not sure if it has affected my hearing but I will have another hearing test to check.

Dx 2/12/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 03/02/2012 Lumpectomy (Right)Surgery 03/02/2012 Lumpectomy (Right)Hormonal Therapy 03/24/2012 FemaraRadiation Therapy 05/02/2012 ExternalRadiation Therapy 05/02/2012 ExternalRadiation Therapy 05/02/2012 External

Dec 1, 2012 09:10AM Chevyboy wrote:

No Scottiee....  They told me it is "permanent nerve damage"....  I've been wearing hearing aids for almost 2 years now... I researched it all, and I know Tamoxifen is a "chemo drug".... so maybe it affected the little nerve "hairs" in my ears, like it does the hair on your head.   I was so afraid when it happened, but you just get through it.  

I know it doesn't happen to everyone.... I still have tinnitis, but that's also something you just have to live with.   By the way, the ENT Doc didn't know if it was possible or not, that Tamoxifen caused it.....but just one morning my left ear closed up.... then my right ear.  My Doc thought it was allergies, so for another month, we treated it for that.  But finally she referred me to an ENT... All I knew was I could not hear....

I took Tamoxifen for 14 months.... I wish I could have taken it for the 5 years, but I was just too afraid.

Dec 1, 2012 09:18AM Scottiee1 wrote:

Chevyboy how horrible for you, I'm sorry. I lived with a mother who started out by losing
her hearing in one ear, but hated wearing the hearing aid. As she got on in years, the other ear started to go. I cried for her because she was such a social being and the loss
of her hearing took most of her social life away. She just couldn't tolerate the hearing aids. What made matters worse was that she was in Scotland and I'm in Canada and we used to talk for hours on the phone, then, of course, that ended. I also worry about myself re tinnitis and being on Letrozole.

Dx 2/12/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 03/02/2012 Lumpectomy (Right)Surgery 03/02/2012 Lumpectomy (Right)Hormonal Therapy 03/24/2012 FemaraRadiation Therapy 05/02/2012 ExternalRadiation Therapy 05/02/2012 ExternalRadiation Therapy 05/02/2012 External

Dec 1, 2012 12:21PM purple32 wrote:

My breast cancer wasn't easy, but for me, maybe going through what I DID before, made it easier for me to face.

sorry chevyboy...not too sure what you mean ( before ?) 

but yes, I appreciate the fact that we all have very different experiences .  Furthermore, we are all at a  different stage ( denial, acceptance, depressed, content, happy, miserable, afraid, alone, grateful, depressed etc ) that is fluid- hopefully.

Thank you for your post.

Dec 1, 2012 02:46PM Chevyboy wrote:

Hi Purple.... I meant that what I went through 10 years ago, before I got Breast Cancer, was worse on me emotionally than going through the BC surgery. 

And yes, we DO go through different stages.... I remember "before," when we were going through such a hard time, I would lay in bed, and just get sick to my stomach, I was so afraid.   So I can really appreciate being where I am now.  I guess those feelings  ARE "fluid".... that's a good way of putting it. 

Scottiee... I can see why your Mom didn't want to wear the aids.  They ARE a pain in the butt sometimes.... And  it IS  so LOUD in restaurants, stores, etc.  But I lost 100% "word recognition" in my left ear, overnight.  Then just 50% in my right, and that's within a couple weeks.... So that's when I quit the Tamoxifen.    Honey, don't feel bad for your Mom.... she wanted to do it that way....  She must have thought it wasn't worth it to wear the aids....

My girls AND my DH still get a little "testy" when I can't hear, or when I ask them "what?".....   I can hear a lot better, but it is NOT like your own natural hearing.  It's like wearing an amplifier in each ear!  And these are good aids!   Ha!

Kantalope must still be asleep..... she isn't around here to rattle things up!  Wink

Dec 1, 2012 02:52PM FireKracker wrote:

good afternoon

Chevy thanks for the pic.I know you will be in GCS..As Val says im gonna blow in the air.think of me...and you my sista i will think of you too.

next-I remember when you lost your hearing....oh how i remember that...Im glad you are doing good with the hearing aids.Yeah it coulda been a lot worst...Like yesterday kantalope came to visit me....my breast is that size again.went to the dr.and now i need pt....Im icing it and sleepin with a raised pillow.I dont remember what else to do so im doin my lite stretches and massaging and waiting to call for an appt.yeah the LE is back.grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I dont even want to talk about the first yr of this train wreck that i went on all i will say is that it took 4 BS to figure it all out...That was back in 2010.If it wasnt for this thread i think i would have killed myself or anyone who got in my way....Chevy can vouch for that.....

Im sorry for all of us.....I pray every nite for a damn cure/vacine....It hurst soo bad when i read about the young gals with small children..I consider myself lucky that i got it at age 69....but that dont mean i wont bitch and complain about this shit storm....

ill be back!!!!!!

Dec 1, 2012 05:25PM Chevyboy wrote:

Oh man, I'm sooooo sorry!!!  Did anything cause it, or did it just start on it's own again???   Can you take anything for it, and does it hurt?  I don't know ANYthing about Lymphedema...is it that, or Edema?  I'm just sorry that it is a week-end.   We'll get you through it.... again.... 

I wish I could help you, with a massage, or maybe a White Russian...Wink   Just go dancing!  Or go play poker with the boys..... Does icing feel better than heat?  I just know when I don't feel good, I want to be warm.... everywhere.

Go make you some milk-toast.... that's what my Mom used to give us when we didn't feel good.   I am having left-over alioli, or however you spell it... That vermicelli with fried garlic and olive oil, and I put in some diced mixed olives.   YOU should know.... being Italian and all....Wink  I don't care for the Anchovies.... I'll add some capers in it for tonight.

Well go to bed.... sweet dreams, sleep tight, don't let the bed-bugs bite...I love you..... xoxoxoxo

Dec 1, 2012 07:16PM, edited Dec 1, 2012 07:16PM by purple32

Hi Purple.... I meant that what I went through 10 years ago, before I got Breast Cancer, was worse on me

Hi Chevy

I had an idea that was what you meant- I just dont know what you went thru 10 yrs ago/sorry.

Feel better, granny !

PS  Massage ( regular ) is NOT a good idea ofr LE

Dec 1, 2012 07:33PM FireKracker wrote:

Purple-im doin gentle kitten like strokes toward the sternim.also toward the elbow.i was taught that in pt.done enuf of that.No wonder i ran an exercise class here....im only doin stretchin.easy like.And tryin to sleep off that side.Im betta today.

A lot of things (i think) could have brought it on.I had pneumia on that side.right around the breast area.

I tossed the baby from arm to arm maybe 2x.he weighs 22lbs.could have been that

I carried a box of pirex dishes in kmart.didnt think they were gonna be that heavy.The store is large and my GD was drivin around with the 2 brats.

I shopped up there so i had to bring a shopping cart to by enuf food till i got to a store.

It could be anyone of those things.

yeah that is what LE is all about and stage 0 is very dangerous.you kinda take it for granted.I never did until i ran from sandy.i think its a combo of things....im just takin it easy today.not gonna write too much.gonna try anyway.

chevy---i still dont like your cookin!!!!!

Dec 2, 2012 07:13AM purple32 wrote:

I carried a box of pirex dishes in kmart.didnt think they were gonna be that heavy

That'll do it !
Granny,

sounds like you know ML D- good to do both morning and night.  Dont forget to drink lots of water and raise your arm up over your head now and then and very slowly open and close the fist.  Lots of deep breathing when you think to do it.

Hope this subsides.

No more lifting!!!  Surprised

Dec 2, 2012 07:35AM Chevyboy wrote:

That's right!  Carrying ANYthing around, that is heavy is hard on you.... especially anyone that has or had Lymphedema.  And all the rest of it put together.  And the stress.... I think that's why you were so sick also.

I put a Brisket on to slow bake yesterday.... with a package of onion soup mix on top, then bake if for at least 5 hours or more at 300-325.  I sealed it in foil, then put it in a baking pan.  It was sooooo tender!  And I cut up potatoes & carrotts, sprayed with butter spray, and a little onion soup mix on top, and baked them for a couple hours.   You have to cut the brisket on the bias.... 

Okay miss finicky pants.... what CAN you eat?  Or what WILL you eat?  And are you drinking that Aloe Vera?  I'll bet you're not!  I know your stomach is always on the blink..... I've heard you are what you eat.... So what are you?  Macaroni and cheese kind of gal?

Dec 2, 2012 12:20PM FireKracker wrote:

Well i think i caught it just in time...yesterday i did the massage every time i thought about it.today is the first day i put the bra on and it feels good.now i know why they say that stage 0 is dangerous..i did neglect it while i was away.AND did all those no nos.i keep forgetting cause i feel good.ill never take this for granted again.

Chevy--darling that sounds yummy but you know im on a restricted diet.I dont eat beef.ever...i eat bison.I hate mac & cheese.I hardly eat dairy only yogurt and greated cheese...hormones my dear is pumped up in both and you know im not takin the 5 yr.meds sooo im careful with what goes in my tummy.I do drink lots and lots of water.I even drink coconut water.You gave me the recipe for conge(something like that) and i do make it with the natural chicken....

Dec 2, 2012 12:26PM Chevyboy wrote:

Yes!  Congee is very mild and good for you.... always use the grated or sliced fresh ginger, and cook it with lots of water, for about 3-4 hours.... until it gets real creamy.  It's also good with minced onion, carrots, or whatever you like.

I'm so glad you are doing better....!!!  xoxoxoxo

Dec 3, 2012 07:18PM iatigger wrote:

So where did everyone on this thread go? Are Granny and Chevy out partying without us. Maybe I am just getting signed in early tonight. We had record temps today got up to 68! Normal temps are usually in the 30's. Just doesn't feel like Christmas is only a few weeks away. Everyone have their shopping done?

Dx 9/17/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 2, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 10/15/2012 Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Hormonal Therapy 10/30/2012 Tamoxifen

Dec 3, 2012 07:53PM Mini1 wrote:

I'm done shopping but not wrapping. Still haven't finished the tree yet. Doesn't seem like Christmas tree trimming time with this warm weather. Who would have thought I'd be walking the dog in a sweater in Dec.????

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Dx IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 04/16/2012 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Right)

Dec 3, 2012 10:18PM mimi1964 wrote:

No not done shopping here, no tree or decorations up yet and what with all of us having had the flu the last 2 weeks haven't felt like doing much.  It may not happen until the week before Christmas at this rate.  Besides I'm still mad with my hubby because I wanted a new tree and he didn't want me to spend over a 100.00 on a new tree, but he blew almost 200.00 on a drill, flashlight, and shop vac that he didn't need right now.  Ugh... MEN!!!

Now... I have an appt. with my Med Onco tomorrow and before his appt. I have my appt. to get my yearly mammo.  Let's just say I am worrying myself to death.  I am totally stressed out and will be till I get an all clear back.  I hate this time of year.  It would help so much if they just gave me the results tomorrow, but NO!!! I will have to wait a week till I get a letter or a call from the nurse letting me know.  Normally I have gotten both.  Anyway I have been so stressed I have had a migraine for 3 days. 

Hodgkins Dz stage 3b 1980; Radiation 39 txts completed 2/4/10; Partial Mastectomy 10/29/09; DCIS and IDC; reconstruction on 12/29/10

Dx 10/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage Ia, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 3, 2012 10:28PM sheila888 wrote:

Renee....I have my MO appointment next week.....

I have a new DR seen her in June ....she doesn't do Tumor Markers test...so I don't get all hyper-ed up anymore.....I don't know she examined me and some Blood work and Vitamin D test..........nothing unusual that I don't get from my PD......

Good Luck tomorrow....Why don't you ask for a DX Mammo you get the answer before you leave....

Now when I make my app I say it's DX Mammo so they schedule me in the morning when the DR can read the result.......Little white lie and I don't feel guilty about it

Sheila♥

Page 456 of 485 (14,522 results)