We are 144,899 members in 73 forums discussing 114,718 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage I Breast Cancer → Topic: CALLING ALL STAGE I SISTERS

Topic: CALLING ALL STAGE I SISTERS

Forum: Stage I Breast Cancer — Meet other members with a Stage I breast cancer diagnosis to share information and support.

Posted on: Nov 6, 2009 02:34PM, edited Mar 18, 2014 08:48PM by sheila888

sheila888 wrote:

Page 457 of 485 (14,523 results)

Posts 13681 - 13710 (14,523 total)

Dec 4, 2012 01:21AM chabba wrote:

The last time I left the imaging center without getting the results was the one that identified my malignancy.  Since the DX I have not left center without seeing the Dr. first.  The last time he even sat down and chatted with me about his respect and admiration for my surgeon.

Dx 5/25/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 4, 2012 06:36AM iatigger wrote:

Mimi, I have heard the nasty flu is going around here as well. So glad I got my flu shot. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works. Maybe you can get your tree and decor up this weekend. That will get you in the spirit. It definately helped me but these record temps will have to go away once we get close to Christmats. Good luck with your appointment. You would think once we have been diagnosed they would understand the urgency of getting the results back. I know if I had to get any more mammos I would definatately go to the place that would do this, just like when I went for my followup mammo that started this fun.

Dx 9/17/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 2, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 10/15/2012 Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Hormonal Therapy 10/30/2012 Tamoxifen

Dec 4, 2012 07:56AM Chevyboy wrote:

Morning gals.... Tigger, you are like me!  I always check to see if anyone has posted, and if it looks kind of lonesome here, I just go on, Ha!

We just give money, and gift cards now....  Especially with the postage rates, etc.  And I think our older Grand-kids like that a lot better.  I wouldn't have a clue what to buy a 25 & 27 year old. Wink  Hell, I don't even know what to buy my Daughter's unless they tell me what they like. 

Tigger, I got my flu shot also, and they threw in a Tetanus shot so the other one wouldn't be lonesome.  I have HAD a pneumonia and a shingles shot, but my neighbor, who is 88 just got shingles, and she HAD her flu shot the same time as me!!!  Man, that blows that theory out of the water.  She has a "mild" case, but STILL!!! 

So Granny, where ARE you???  You had shingles, I remember!  The Doc told my friend, that stress can bring them on... Does that sound right?  Lore knows YOU never are stressed, right?  Why are you laying so low little Princess? 

I got the results of my blood-work also...and all is good!  I mean even the cholesteral is only 172.  Vit D is 35 I think, and the tumor marker test hasn't changed.  Thank God I escaped having to do the colonoscopy again.  I did the card thing....... I would just love to lose weight!!  and double !!.  I think if I had someone here, to do it with me, I could....(again)  And Granny, I don't want to hear a word out of you.  YOU who weighs as much as a bisquit, with ALL her clothes on, WET, does not need to respond.  I went to WW one year, and it was great!!!  I need to find a close girl-friend... that will go with me.

Chabba, yes... If you go for a diagnostic, they will let you know right away.  The waiting IS the worst.  And your mind just takes over, thinking all sorts of things.  We girls do NOT like to wait.... for ANYthing.  Ever.

Sheila... Where is your h?  Did you lose your h somewhere?  Ha, ha!  My one gal-friend here, spells it Sheilah..  ONE of you are wrong. Wink  I'm going to ask her Friday if she will be my partner in joining WW... She has also complained about her extra "fluffiness."

Mimi!  Oh just go buy the damn tree anyway!  Sometimes we don't have to ask......  Most of the time we do, just to be polite, but when those guys shoot down one of our thoughts, the only thing to do is take matters into our own hands.  Sometimes I buy stuff on-line...I have my own account, so THAT helps.  And when the thing comes, if DH isn't here, I sneak it into the house!  YES I do!  Or if he is in the other room, I sneak it in, hold it behind me, and run to the bedroom, and throw it in the closet, and open it when the coast is clear.  A girl has to do what a girl has to do. 

A DRILL???? Can it be converted into a vibrator???  (just kidding) 

Mini.... I love your "name".... My Mom was named Minnie Lee.... So whenever I can see your name, I will have sweet thoughts.  I know, it's probably not your real name, but I like to see it here.  No.... I'm not done decorating either!  In fact I haven't even started.... But I'm going to make a huge wreath, of these big bows my Daughter made, red silk flowers, and stuff like that!  And hang it on my front lattice work.  I'll take a picture!

Okay friends.... time to go do SOMEthing.... Love seeing you all here.... finally.  Wink

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend.

Dx 10/26/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 4, 2012 08:03AM Chevyboy wrote:

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend.

Dec 4, 2012 10:30AM mimi1964 wrote:

My mammo appt is at 1:30 today and my med onco appt is at 2:30... the med onco is the one who scheduled my mammo for today, so I have no way to say it is dx.  they always say it is routine now which is why I have to wait a yr and a day to have one done.  Like this yr it's on Dec. 4th and if all is well next yr it will be on Dec. 5th.  Each yr it will be a day later... Ugh!!! So ridiculous!!! I also think there isn't always a MD available to read the mammo when we get them done he is busy doing other things.  thus we have to wait on the results... even when it is a dx mammo.  I know I did the last time I had a dx mammo done.  The wait is what kills you and stresses you out.

Sheila my med onco has never done the tumor marker tests he doesn't believe in them.  All he does is a CBC...not really sure why he even does that one? anyone know?  maybe just to check to see is your WBC count is elevated? however if you are sick with a cold, flu, URI, UTI you could have an elevated WBC, so I really don't see the point in it.  Oh well. 

My Rad onco was the one who did the tumor marker tests and I was suppose to have seen him in July but I cancelled and have not rescheduled.  Don't think I'm going to either.  That was the only thing he did differently than my med onco.  Oh and they kept measuring my arms to check for LE... as if I couldn't tell if I was developing it since I'm a nurse... REALLY!!! LOL my arms did get a little bigger when I gained some weight haha!!! but they also shrank now that I'm losing again.  So happy!!! Wink All kidding aside I got really tired of going to 3 or 4 different Drs. every 3-6 months.  It was getting a little ridiculous and now that I'm on 3rd shift I sleep during the day so it isn't as easy to get up and go to the Dr. anymore.  I've yet to schedule an appt. to see my breast surgeon this yr (he wanted to see me for follow ups for 10 yrs, Not sure why though he never explained that to me and all he does is check my breast when I go in... hmmm).  I also haven't seen my GYN this year, but he doesn't really do anything either since I had a total hysterectomy 11 yrs ago.  He does check my bladder for drop and the back side (lol), but usually defers the breast since someone else orders my mammo's.  haha!! Don't know what the point in going to see him on a yrly basis is either.  But guess I'll make an appt an go anyway. 

O.k. rant over Sealed

Hodgkins Dz stage 3b 1980; Radiation 39 txts completed 2/4/10; Partial Mastectomy 10/29/09; DCIS and IDC; reconstruction on 12/29/10

Dx 10/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage Ia, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 4, 2012 01:53PM, edited Dec 4, 2012 02:14PM by Valjean

I have had diagnostic mamms and I do not get the results right away. I have been told, "We don't do that here. There are other images to read & the Dr doesn't have the time to pick & choose certain images to read immediately." Just because it is diagnostic doesn't necessarily mean you, as the patient, will get the results then & there. Your MO/RO will, of course. I call 2-3 days after for the results & still get the letter in the mail also. Personally, I don't like the wait due to the stress, but, with no offense to anybody, I'm not sure I would want to have someone hurry to read it just to give me the results immediately. Or, I feel they would maybe hurry. (I'm like that.) I have known sisters to have gotten the results as they wait, they go home relieved & the next day are called & told the Dr. saw something suspicious on further review. They went home feeling good & then have that happen.

I'm not saying this happens every time, please don't think that. It has happened is all I'm saying.

We all feel differently about this & this is how I feel.

Hugs!

"Now I try to embrace life instead of just walking through it" ~ vivre ~ lumpectomy SNB~Oncotype DX 14~finished Rads x33, 2.19.09~Aromasin started 2.20.09
Dx 11/5/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

♥ RIP MELISSA ♥ ~Lumpectomy SNB~Oncotype DX 14~finished Rads x33, 2.19.09~Aromasin started 2.20.09

Dx 11/5/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 4, 2012 02:25PM Mini1 wrote:

My mammo is Thurs. Tis the season.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Dx IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 04/16/2012 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Right)

Dec 4, 2012 06:16PM mimi1964 wrote:

Hi everyone, my visit went well and as luck would have it my Med Onco went over and looked at the mammo himself.  He came back and told me that it was fine with no changes from my last one.  I'm very happy! So all is well.... I actually got to look at the mammo up on the screen before I left there to go to his office anyway.   The tech showed me where my staples were and we counted them (all 12 of them) and I knew already that my mammo was fine.  She had told me it looked good and showed me where my scar tissue showed up on the mammo.  It was kinda neat.  LOL!!

Good Luck Mini!! I'll be thinking of you on Thursday

Hodgkins Dz stage 3b 1980; Radiation 39 txts completed 2/4/10; Partial Mastectomy 10/29/09; DCIS and IDC; reconstruction on 12/29/10

Dec 4, 2012 06:39PM purple32 wrote:

pretty dog, chevy!

Lymphedema on LEFT. NO radiation. 2 clean nodes. purple32. Hope is our light ... in the night.

Dx 3/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 05/01/2012 Lumpectomy (Left)

Dec 4, 2012 08:54PM FireKracker wrote:

gee i take i day off and look everyone shows up....nice to see all of you.

Chevy--ya know what????i just gained 4 lbs....my dr was sooo excited....im gaining weight.Thank You God.

i finally broke down and im goin for pt for this kantalope.its goin down but its still swollen even tho im takin real good care of it so im goin friday.

I have no plans for Christmas...everyday it changes and they can all do me a favor and leave me alone.

next week i have to see the gastro dr along with the onco....still have to go for my mammo but not when this kantalope hurts.hell no....

nice to see this board active again...

Chevy---can i come to you for christmas?

Focktober!!!!Pink stinks!!!!

Dec 4, 2012 09:49PM 301724 wrote:

Last chemo tomorrow! Yippee!!!! Ready to move on to the next part of this journey:-)

‘The greatest use of a life is to spend it on something that will outlast it.’ William James <br> Cold cap user

Dx 6/22/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage Ia, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-Surgery 08/16/2012 Mastectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Right); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction: DIEP flap (Both)Chemotherapy 10/04/2012 Cytoxan, TaxotereHormonal Therapy 01/31/2013 Aromasin

Dec 4, 2012 10:05PM annettek wrote:

Mimi- such great news:)))))
Granny- i was all bah humbuggy a few hours ago....teetering right now
Today truly was a WAD of a day....it just simply exhausted me being me today and by the end of the day I must have looked it in the eyes as way too many asked what is wrong.....I could not answer.....my eyes never lie tho- damn things gotta get sunglasses I guess:)
Hope all are doing well...

Surgery Stats: BMX 11/2010 with immediate reconstruction with 450 TEs Exchange 3/19/11 Mentor 550 HP Smooth rounds

Dx 10/17/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 4, 2012 10:57PM sheila888 wrote:

Happy Dance for...Renee and 301724....lalalalalalalalaWink

(((((Annette)))))   (((((Val))))) ((((Granny))))

{{{{{{{SISTERS}}}}}}}}

Sheila♥

Dx 4/8/2005, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Dec 5, 2012 11:16AM mimi1964 wrote:

Congrats 301724 on completing chemo!!! yah!!!

Dec 5, 2012 05:25PM MsDragonfly02 wrote:

OK ladies,  My surgeon is telling me that a mammogram every six months isn't needed since my last mammo was clean.  I am not sure how I feel about this.  When this whole thing started December 2010 I was told that I would have a mammo every six months for 5 years.  Has anyone else run into this?  Is this the new standard of care?  Any help would be appreciated.

Dx 12/14/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 5, 2012 05:27PM Belinda977 wrote:

I just had my first 6 month mammo on the bad boob.  I go again in 6 months for a mammo of both.  They told me after that, its back to once a year.  I don't like that.  

Belinda -- Diagnosed 4/23/2012 with IDC with Ductal carcinoma at same site. Lumpectomy/Sentinel Node 5/17/12. Oncotype Score 19

Dx 4/23/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage Ia, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 05/17/2012 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Left)Radiation Therapy 07/30/2012 ExternalHormonal Therapy 09/18/2012 Tamoxifen

Dec 5, 2012 05:41PM Moonflwr912 wrote:

I had a BMX, so I don't have mammos anymore. But I thought the normal routine is 6 mo for two years then back to yearly.

Sometimes life SUCKS! Sometimes it doesn't. I prefer when it doesn't! If you're ever bored, read my biography. Bring snacks..... LOL Monica

Dx 11/11/2011, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+Dx 12/8/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+Surgery 12/08/2011 Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Surgery 01/17/2012 Reconstruction (Left)Chemotherapy 02/16/2012 carboplatin, TaxotereTargeted Therapy 02/16/2012 HerceptinSurgery 08/13/2012 Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Left)Hormonal Therapy 08/20/2012 ArimidexSurgery 09/10/2012 Reconstruction (Left)Surgery 08/14/2013 Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Left)Surgery 09/04/2013 Reconstruction (Left)Surgery 12/13/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)

Dec 5, 2012 05:53PM Chevyboy wrote:

Dragonfly!  I am just 3 years out, and don't see an Oncologist.... I haven't for a year.  I just see my Primary Care doc every year for a physical with blood work.  And the Radiologist that read my last diagnostic mammogram, said I don't need to go back for a year now!  That everything looked the same!  So I am very happy!    I guess it depends on YOU, and what you feel is safe for you.  Talk to your Doctor.... but I welcomed the once a year thing. 

Belinda, it seems pretty soon, to tell you not to come back for a year....I would also want a mammogram every 6 months..... for at least 2 years.  Check to see if your insurance covers that.

Dec 5, 2012 08:19PM Mini1 wrote:

Yea, Mimi!

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Dx IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 04/16/2012 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Right)

Dec 6, 2012 04:50PM mimi1964 wrote:

Dragonfly, I had only one mammogram following my radiation for a baseline which was a little more that 6 months after my initial surgery and then they put me back on a yearly mammogram schedule.  I thought it was strange but that seems to be the protocol here where I live.  I know some others I talk to on the boards here had gone every 6 months for a little while, but they live in different states than I do.  Then again it may be what your insurance will cover or what the standard is for the doctor.  I know I no longer have diagnostic mammo's done they are simply routine yearly exams.  I am now 3 yrs out.  The waiting to have one and get the results never gets any easier and is dreaded every year. 

Wow Chevyboy how lucky are you!! you only have to see your primary Surprised if I was doing what they want me to... I am suppose to still be going to my Radiation Oncologist every 6 months, my Medical Oncologist every 6 months, my breast surgeon once a year, GYN once a year, plastic surgeon once a year and primary at least once a year.  The way it would stagger out they had me seeing the Rad onco like in Mar, then the Med onco in June.  So I was seeing one of the Oncologist every 3 months.  I thought that was a bit much.  I finished Rads up in Feb. 2010.  I was suppose to have had an appt with him in July but cancelled and I haven't been back.  Personally I see no need to go to him.  I'm actually debating on making an appt. to go see the breast surgeon.  Can't really think of any reason I need to go see him either? Except after he did my surgery his office told me I would see him once a yr. for 10 yrs... doesn't that seem a bit extreme? And to be quited frank they don't even send me reminders that I need to make an appt anyway.  Hmmm what to do?

Dec 6, 2012 05:24PM, edited Dec 6, 2012 05:24PM by Chevyboy

Hi Mimi.... I quit going to my Oncologist, just because she only did blood work, and I quit taking Tamoxifen, which she was the prescribing Doctor.  I asked my Primary Care if she would just take over.... and since my Mammograms were coming back clean, she said she would.... and also do the same blood-tests. (The tumor marker test) 

I didn't have to go back to my surgeon, or my Radiologist, after that first 6 months.  I am 3 years out also.... but honey, I didn't have a mastectomy.... so maybe that makes a difference with you.  You say a "partial".... So that means they did not remove the whole breast?  But you had reconstruction?

Do you see a primary care every year for a physical?  Maybe ask him/her!  Also, are you taking Tamoxifen or Femara or something? 

But I don't see any reason to see a surgeon, unless you are having problems with something that they did....  I mean the surgery part.  Same with the Radiologist.  AND the Oncologist.... In other words, just see someone!  Ha! 

I should change what I said in my last post.  I haven't seen an Oncologist for almost 2 years.... ever since I went deaf.   I did NOT want to take another of the hormone suppressant drugs, nor Tamoxifen.  So, I'm on my own I guess.    But I'm much older than you guys.... except maybe Kantalope, and she is not even as old as I, Ha!   Is she in bed?  Sick?  Or just AWL?  Or just ignoring us? 

Dec 6, 2012 05:49PM Mini1 wrote:

I had my diagnostic mammo today - just over 6 months. I will see my surgeon next week. I won't see him again after this visit and unless I have a recurrence, I will just have annual mammos. I do see my MO even though I am not taking any meds. My MO is 4 miles away and my MD is a 70 mile round trip. Also, I think my MO may see subtle differences in my blood work sooner. I may be wrong about that, but it's a concession to traditional health care I'm willing to make.

Dec 6, 2012 06:18PM Eph3_12 wrote:

I quit my RO 6 months after rads (or maybe a year after) & my BS after 6 months.  I see my MO 2X a year.  I think that in March of 2013 she said we could go to a once a year schedule till 5 yrs (April '14) & then be done (at least I'm pretty sure of the schedule)

God Bless Your Day-Joni2

Dx 4/2/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 6, 2012 08:11PM onvacation wrote:

I am STILL waiting on my results of my mammogram!  They can't seem to find my original films to compare!  It has been 2 weeks!  UGH  I really think it is fine, but would like to know!  I get my port our tomorrow morning - woohoo!

Congrats to those finishing chemo!

Kim

Dx 1/30/2012, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Dec 6, 2012 08:21PM purple32 wrote:

Wow, onvaca - that stinks!

Here's to hoping it is all worth the wait.

GOOD LUCK!

Lymphedema on LEFT. NO radiation. 2 clean nodes. purple32. Hope is our light ... in the night.

Dx 3/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 05/01/2012 Lumpectomy (Left)

Dec 7, 2012 08:06AM Chevyboy wrote:

That's for sure, vacation!   If you want to, we gals will give them a call to tell them to shape up, or you know the rest!   Have your PC give them a call?  Man, I hate the waiting.

Eph.... I really liked my surgeon, but she said it was time to just be seen by my Radiologist and Oncologist.    I used to ask for copies of all the tests, but I haven't done that since last year.  I probably didn't know what I was looking at anyway....Wink

Mini, the Oncologist sent the blood test results to my Primary Care, at my request, and now my PC knows what tests to have the blood work ordered  for.  And they called last week, and said everything was normal.   Same with my Mammograms.... you fill out a paper, and then tell them where you want the results sent.... that's when I put down only my PC. 

But right after that surgery, we are all so afraid of ....everything!  And we just want to hang onto any helping hand out there, like our surgeon and Radiologist and MO.... I think as we get further out, we are more assured of things going good, and we feel like we can fly on our own!  I'll always get that annual physical though, and if things change, I'll know what to do...

So Eph, you must be on Tamoxifen, Arimidex or Femara?  I mean with the 5 year thing?

Dec 7, 2012 11:44AM Eph3_12 wrote:

Yes Chevy-Femara.  And I still love your avatar!

God Bless Your Day-Joni2

Dx 4/2/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 7, 2012 09:44PM FireKracker wrote:

sooooooo Chevy....you forgot about me...no fights....nuthin...say something...anything???????

I went to pt today and the kantalope went down but i had a deep tissue massage....no LE..yay.

wishing everyone would just start fellin just fine.

enuf!!!!!!!!

hugggggggggggs to all my sistas Kantalope

Focktober!!!!Pink stinks!!!!

Dec 7, 2012 11:28PM sheila888 wrote:

Sheila♥

Dx 4/8/2005, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Dec 8, 2012 07:30AM Chevyboy wrote:

Thanks Eph!  I saw this picture somewhere, and I just loved it!  It's like "little fat cat" just snoozin' in the sun, Ha!  Your Avatar reminds me of my dear friend Anna!  I went to school with her, and we've always been close friends.

Did anyone hear anything??  I mean did miss Princess Kantalope wake up??  Was she speaking to us, I mean?  So little K... You had a "deep tissue massage".... WHERE???  Okay, I'm not going to say a word!!   Last time I had one of those was..... oh never mind.  I think it was in High School.  No wait... it was about a week after I met DH... on Inspiration Point.... Until that cop shined his flash-light into the windows!  I don't know how he could SEE anything, the windows were so fogged up!  At least I couldn't! 

So okay now........

Sheila, that is so pretty!   I had lunch with my gal-friend Sheilah yesterday...We met at Red Robin, and talked for hours it seemed like!  She was my Daughter's Mother in Law, many years ago...  but we always stayed friends... even when the "kids" didn't, Ha!   In fact her Son moved back in with them!  What a loser!!!  Sheilah is going nuts... and can't kick his butt out yet.

And Vacation, did you hear anything yet??? 

I watched the most interesting program on TV last night... It was about WW2, "From the Sky".... You know, so many of us can remember how terrified we were growing up, because that war was going on... I remember the air-raid sirens practicing, and those black shades in the windows for the "black-outs".....

My Dad was in the Navy, and had to go over to Hiroshima 3 days after the bomb, to help sweep/clean up the streets....  He only told me this about 12 years ago, just before I lost him........

But this story was about America's involvement in that war.  How and why and what we did, with the United Kingdom, and it told the whole story.  For 2 hours, I watched this.  I had no idea, of what magnitude this war was.  Of how evil Hitler was, and Hirohito!  How the Japanese would rather die than lose that war.   It is a part of history, and I was part of it, but I guess any memory of that, you just close off!  Anyway, I just thanked God that we live in the greatest nation in the world.... And how proud we should be of our history... Man, I hated it in school, but now it means a lot.  This war wasn't talked about much after it was over.... I guess it was too soon.

Okay gals.... till next time.

Page 457 of 485 (14,523 results)