We are 144,975 members in 73 forums discussing 114,793 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Pain → Topic: Frozen Shoulder...It can get better

Topic: Frozen Shoulder...It can get better

Forum: Pain — Share important questions and provide support to others experiencing breast cancer and treatment-related pain.

Posted on: May 25, 2012 03:39AM, edited May 31, 2012 05:02AM by cookiegal

cookiegal wrote:

Wow 1st off...we have a forum!

I had terrible disabling frozen shoulder, totally not what I was expecting since I had a reduction on both sides with my lumpectomy. 

I could not drive for months...well I could not turn, I guess I could have gone straight.

I also had dreadful spasms 12-14 hours a day. I would get stuck at night and wake up screaming and my husband would have to roll me.

It did start to get better in the second year, I would say I got 90 percent of my function back. BIG difference.

I don't know why nobody warns us about this, I read somwhere up to 25% who have nodes out have this issue. No idea if that is accurate.

Page 1 of 4 (91 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (91 total)

May 25, 2012 05:11AM Galsal wrote:

So sorry to know you've had such trouble with the shoulder.  Unfortunately, the shoulder of my non-SNB side was already the bad one from a prior military injury.  It doesn't help thing that it's being over used as I protect the SNB shoulder.  Thankfully, it only freezes every now and then. 

Dx 12/14/2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 02/10/2012 Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Right)Hormonal Therapy 03/10/2012 TamoxifenSurgery 07/09/2012 Reconstruction: DIEP flap (Both)Hormonal Therapy 10/06/2012 ArimidexHormonal Therapy 12/13/2012 FemaraHormonal Therapy 04/16/2013 AromasinSurgery 07/15/2013 Reconstruction (Both)Surgery 08/16/2013 Reconstruction (Right)Surgery 02/13/2014 Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)

May 25, 2012 01:51PM cinnamonsmiles wrote:

Hi! First of all, I am sooo glad you are feeling better! I was never warned about frozen shoulder either. I was warned that during the snb and axiallry node dissection she could nick a nerve, but said she was very careful. Well, she nicked mine good. I have severe PMPS.

I do notice that since I have had my BMX (no reconstruction) I get terrible shoulder pain that comes and goes. Is that how your frozen shoulder started out? I know everyone can be different, but there are some symptoms that are similar. I don't seem to have spasms. I just get a horrendous pain in the shoulders.

When it freezes, does it lock up and you can't move it? I don't know much about it and am curious.

Thanks, and again, I am so glad you are on the mend.

Mastectomy without reconstruction was NOT the worst or only available option. I chose it and am happy with my decision.

May 31, 2012 05:04AM, edited Jun 4, 2012 04:28PM by cookiegal

It started with a twinge in my arm and just got worse. I was in PT at the time, and I think THAT made it worse.

Yes it would just not move certain ways, kind of like severe tendonitis.

I drove 3 hours last summer! That was a BIG deal.

May 31, 2012 02:00PM mamglam wrote:

I too, have suffered with both my shoulders freezing years before my BC diagnosis.  The first one, my left side, took a long time to heal so when the second one froze, I decided to take action.  The GP referred me to an orthopedic surgeon who gave me general anesthetic and forcefully moved the shoulder while I was out.  This made my recovery from frozen shoulder an easy one.  I did have a few sessions with a PT who maintained the movement of my arm/shoulder.  This treatment worked well for me because this way I have less adhesions in my shoulder hence less pain.  My left side is still sore and that was years ago!!  My BC was on my right and thank goodness that I have had few issues with my shoulder.  I wish you all speedy healing.

Dx 12/29/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 31, 2012 03:10PM CoolBreeze wrote:

Both of my froze too; one after my recon and the other after my liver resection.  I got cortisone shots so the pain was managed but that doesn't help with the use part of it.  My right shoulder has been unusable for the past 18 months and my left for 6.  it makes everything SO HARD.  Especially getting dressed.  I wish it would go away but I don't think it will.

Ann's cancer blog: www.butdoctorihatepink.com .....multicentric/multifocal IDC/ILC+DCIS/LCIS/ADH Official dx? "Your breast was a mess." ~UniMastectomy/Chemo/Herceptin/Tamoxifen/Recon Almost Done! Oh wait. mets to liver 5/21/11 Now Stage IV

Dx 8/17/2009, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

May 31, 2012 03:38PM voraciousreader wrote:

Just chiming in to let you all know that I feel everyone's pain. I have an orthopedist practically on retainer! Had both shoulders fixed! Also had elbow and finger surgery! But i will never forget the shoulder pain! I remember not being able to think straight and shaking from the pain. Felt embarrassed in April when I showed up at the ortho with a broken foot. I hadn't even celebrated a year of not seeing him when I broke the damn foot! Anyway, he asked me if I needed pain meds for the broken foot. I replied, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THE PAIN FROM A BROKEN FOOT CAN'T COMPARE TO THE PAIN FROM A FROZEN SHOULDER AND ROTATOR CUFF TEAR!!!"

Hope everyone has a quick and complete recovery! Thoughts and prayers to all!

Doctor told me regarding my prognosis that I WASN'T on the Titanic! Hmmm...Really?....Okay! 2/10 Pure Mucinous Breast Cancer, Oncotype DX 15, Stage 1, Grade 1, 1.8 cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+ 90% PR+ 70% HER2- (+1)

May 31, 2012 06:10PM crystalphm wrote:

I am glad to see a place for us to talk about our shoulders. I was in agony with my left shoulder about 5 months after the mastectomy. I went to PT which actually made it worse for maybe 2 weeks...but then it got better! I am about 1 1/2 years out of PT now, and I still do the exercises to keep that pain away. Oh, you need to see a PT who also has experience with lymphedema issues, because we sure don't want to trigger that.

Voraciousreader, were you concerned about lymphedema issues in getting your shoulders fixed? I was told surgery would be a very difficult thing for me to recover from as I had 9 nodes removed. I do live in a small town area, so I am wondering what is being done in perhaps bigger medical centers?

May 31, 2012 06:42PM voraciousreader wrote:

Crystal! Great question about the possibility of lymphadema! I had two nodes removed and was petrified to even take a cortisone shot! I had shoulder surgery on my other shoulder several years before my diagnosis and had a rough recovery. So, I was in no hurry to have surgery. But when my insurance company stopped paying for my PT because it wasn't helping....I finally went ahead with the surgery. I had a moderate to severe frozen shoulder, a small tear and bone spurs. Thankfully, I recovered quickly. I still do my exercises to strengthen and stretch my shoulders. If I don't, I start getting stiffness and pain. Honestly, my shoulders are a constant work in progress...

Doctor told me regarding my prognosis that I WASN'T on the Titanic! Hmmm...Really?....Okay! 2/10 Pure Mucinous Breast Cancer, Oncotype DX 15, Stage 1, Grade 1, 1.8 cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+ 90% PR+ 70% HER2- (+1)

Jun 1, 2012 09:06AM crystalphm wrote:

Voracious, Thanks for saying more. I have a tear as well as bone spurs now and mild LE so i am very nervous about surgery. Did the doctor address LE before the surgery? Did you take any precautions?

I feel the same way, my shoulders are a work in progress...and I am a side sleeper which can make them worse. I hug a pillow against my chest to sleep, which seems to lessen shoulder pain...but with this heat, I am not sure i will be hugging too many pillows until September.

I have never even had the cortisone shot...because of LE worries...

but then on the other hand, I would think constant shoulder pain would be a lymphedema trigger, anyone else?

Jun 1, 2012 09:27AM voraciousreader wrote:

Crystal....I didn't have LE.  However, if you haven't already done so, I would recommend that you visit an orthopedist who specializes in arm surgery, rather than a general orthopedist.  My orthopedist was not as concerned as I was about my risk of LE.  Again, I was petrified!  I did finally agree to several cortisone shots and they did NOTHING to ease my pain.  I'm also a wimp with pain meds as well.  I get sick from anything stronger than ibuprofen.  And the ibuprofen did NOTHING to ease the pain either!

Regarding pillows...I did the same thing!  I tucked one on the side of my belly too!  I mostly sleep on my belly or side.  I got an "ultimate firm" pillow for my head and that seems to raise my shoulders off the mattress enough now, so that it doesn't cause pressure when I sleep.  I have a whole system down BEFORE I close my eyes....Did I tell you about how my feet hurt too?  I can't put blankets on my feet because the pressure of the blankets hurts the top of my feet.  So....I wear socks to bed and sleep on my belly and then slide my feet OVER the mattress, so NOTHING is putting pressure on them. Oy! 

So, there you have it Crystal, from head to toe!  Tongue out

Again, I feel everyone's pain!  Hope everyone gets relief...somehow!

Jun 4, 2012 04:35PM cookiegal wrote:

Hey all!

@coolbreeze...I was really surprised when my physiatrist said breast cancer frozen shoulders get better between year one and two. I would say mine started getting better about 18-20 months out. It was kind of a surprise actually.

CrystanPHM....Cortizone is a double edged sword. It did help a lot, but shortly after I had my second I developed LE. Not sure I would do it again, if I knew there was a chance it would get better on it's own. On the other hand it did really really work.

Swimming really helped, again this was about 20 months out from surgery. The elementary backstroke especially improved my range of motion. (That's the one that kind of is like breaststroke on your back.)

Jul 2, 2012 03:06AM Artemis wrote:

Hi, Everyone!  

So sorry for the shoulder pain you're having, but I'm glad to know I'm not alone!  My BMX was three years ago, and my node shoulder is still giving me fits.

I had a cortisone shot put in it in April of this year, and it helped a lot but after two months the pain was still making me crazy.  Percocet does nothing except get me a little high so that I don't care about the pain quite as much.  

I had an MRI a couple of weeks ago; it showed tendonitis with no tear, so now I'm in physical therapy.  The excercises seem to be helping, and I get a pain/anti-inflammatory patch after each session.  I don't have LE, but I wear a sleeve and gauntlet for prevention.

I'm really hoping for good results because I don't want to have to think about possible surgery.   

Best wishes to all of you!
Artemis 

DD ACx4, Tx4. BMX 6/1/2009. Tamoxifen: 55 bottles. Rads 28/28. Herceptin 18/18

Dx 1/6/2009, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIb, Grade 3, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+Targeted Therapy HerceptinSurgery Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Left)Chemotherapy Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxolRadiation Therapy ExternalHormonal Therapy 06/16/2009 TamoxifenSurgery 12/11/2013 Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)

Jul 2, 2012 08:00AM Ginger48 wrote:

I have LE and a frozen shoulder. I am one year out from BMX with only sentinel node removed. My shoulder was crazy painful and impossible to sleep on. I have gotten 3 cortisone shots in my shoulder and it has definitely helped. My ortho said it was better for LE because if the shoulder moves then the lymph can move better. I am better able to do my LE exercises, my range of motion is improving and my shoulder seems to be thawing.

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11

Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 20, 2012 03:05AM Artemis wrote:

Hello, Everyone ~

Ok, after five weeks of physical therapy, another cortisone shot in my shoulder, more Percocet and some Lidocaine patches, I'm finally getting some relief.  It's very slow going; my PT and I have learned not to rush the stretching and excercises, but we are making progress.  The pain and burning sensations aren't nearly as bad as they used to be.

Earlier this evening, I had about two hours that were actually pain free.  It was amazing!  What a relief after three solid years of constant pain!   

I'm encouraged. Smile 

Dx 1/6/2009, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIb, Grade 3, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+Targeted Therapy HerceptinSurgery Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Left)Chemotherapy Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxolRadiation Therapy ExternalHormonal Therapy 06/16/2009 TamoxifenSurgery 12/11/2013 Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)

Jul 20, 2012 04:09AM cookiegal wrote:

yea Artemis!

Jul 20, 2012 07:36AM Ginger48 wrote:

Artemis- that is great! My cortisone shots plus therapy have really helped. I have started swimming and my shoulder is really moving better now. I am getting very little pain from it these days; only when I push it too far or overdo it.

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11

Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 20, 2012 07:40AM voraciousreader wrote:

Glad you are beginning to feel better!!! Wanna laugh? It's been a year and a half since my last shoulder surgery and I've since broken my foot as well. When I saw my orthopedist recently for the broken foot he asked if he could give me a hug. I could honestly say that until recently I wouldn't let anyone come near me because I was so afraid of them hurting my shoulders. Sooo... Artemis... in honor of your feeling better... I am sending you a VERY GENTLE hug!!!!

Jul 20, 2012 05:14PM Artemis wrote:

Thanks, Ladies!  Gentle hugs back to you, voraciousreader! So sorry about your broken foot, but it IS pretty funny; the party never stops for us, does it?! Smile

Jul 21, 2012 02:06PM dreaming wrote:

I was told to do the exercises every day for the rest of my life, because I am a long term survivor, I stop the exercises, it was awful, first the thought I had a  rotator cuff fracture, after several tests, it was a frozen shoulder, I had PT for a year, and now I am back to normal, doing my exercises. It is important to have PT, or the condition stays for ever, I was told by my trauma doctor.

For that year, I could not dress, sleep, pain was horrible, and I live with chronic pain , I am no wimp.

Remember the exercises every day, I got by booklet from Reach to Recovery.

After the mastectomy a second diferent cancer was found: Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, C.F.M.:

Dx 7/7/1991, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 21, 2012 05:44PM MondaysChild wrote:

I did not have frozen shoulder, and instead had an impinged shoulder.  I could not easily dress or bathe because of the limited ability to reach across or around.  I went throught about 30 sessions of PT, 3 times a week at first, then twice a week, always with home routine, also.  She resolved it completely, I now need do nothing for it and it is completely gone. Hang in there, it can be better.

Dx 10/15/2010, IDC, Stage II, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 11/23/2010 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Left)Surgery 12/09/2010 Mastectomy (Both); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Right); Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Surgery 01/06/2011 Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Chemotherapy 01/27/2011 Adriamycin, CytoxanChemotherapy 04/21/2011 TaxolSurgery 08/11/2011 Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Hormonal Therapy 09/01/2011 FemaraSurgery 11/10/2011 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Surgery 06/27/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Surgery 09/27/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)

Jul 23, 2012 05:31PM, edited Jul 23, 2012 05:33PM by gardengumby

What is the difference between a frozen shoulder and an impinged shoulder?

I'm very thankful that I didn't have problems with my shoulder post-mastectomy (I had 19 nodes removed) as my other shoulder had been giving me fits for years.  About 3 years pre-DX I had shoulder surgery which helped some for awhile, but it's terribly painful again.  Right now I have right shoulder pain (from forever, it seems like) and left hip pain which seems to be either a new symptom of a bad-back/herniated disk or a result of my DIEP surgery - not sure which.  I've been stretching religiously and my hip is getting better, but my shoulder is still a pain.

Dreaming - where did you get the booklet?  I'd HAPPILY exercise my shoulder everyday if it had a chance of helping my pain (and lack of movement).

BRCA1 & 2 negative - 3 family members. Oncotype 14. DCIS 7.5 cm, intermediate

Dx 10/28/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIa, Grade 2, 2/19 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Dx 10/28/2012, DCIS, 6cm+, Grade 2, ER+/PR+Surgery 12/20/2010 Mastectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Left); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Left)Hormonal Therapy 02/15/2011 TamoxifenSurgery 08/17/2011 Reconstruction: DIEP flap (Left)Hormonal Therapy 11/01/2011 Femara

Jul 24, 2012 03:09AM, edited Jul 24, 2012 03:10AM by _Ann_

For what it's worth I had ideopathic (no known cause) frozen shoulder a few years back and it resolved completely in about two years without any special treatment.   I have no pain, and probably 90% ROM back.  It goes through phases-- freezing, frozen, and thawing.  Each phase is several months long.  The pain is only during the freezing stage.  I had physical therapy (prescribed by a rheumatologist) during this period and I think it was not helpful.  Perhaps it's helpful during the thawing phase but during the freeze it aggravates it and creates more pain.  You can't manually work against that freezing process.  The joint is thickening up and shrinking.   Then the pain stops and you're stuck with limited ROM for a long time.  Finally when you've just about learned to put up with it, it starts thawing and gradually the ROM returns.

My ortho advised me to wait it out with no PT, just gentle exercise, and if it didn't thaw, to consider surgery.   During the freezing phase I tried US guided cortisone shots and it helped little to none.  The best thing during this was pain meds at night, and pillows.  Heat or ice didn't make any difference.   Fortunately the severe pain period was only a few weeks.  If you wake up with pain in the morning, just get up.  It improves in an hour or so of being up.

I honestly don't know if surgery-triggered FS is different or not.   I am hoping that since I already had it, I won't develop it after surgery.  It's very rare to get it twice in the same shoulder.  My MO is not so hopeful on that point however.

Finished chemo, lumpectomy, and rads in April 2013. Onward and upward!

Dx 6/15/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 3, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 25, 2012 09:41AM bhd1 wrote:

can mets to lymph nodes in arm pit cause shoulder pain

barb

Dx 9/22/2011, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Jul 25, 2012 11:00AM crystalphm wrote:

I wonder about that too. In my own case, I have always had a tricky shoulder, so the mastectomy made it worse. I think it is a good question to ask a doctor. Mine said no, because my shoulder pain is on top of my shoulder.

Jul 25, 2012 08:45PM hugz4u wrote:

I had frozen shoulder and could not sleep on it at night or function with it by day. It was on my non LE side. I tried all the treatments until I researched IMS accupunture.  If your frozen shoulder is on LE side, you may want to think if you would do accupunture on it though.

After one IMS treatment, (about 1/2 hour) I could lift my hand to my ear which was amazing. I had frozen shoulder for about a year before the IMS. (a special kind of accupunture that addresses 3 types of pain. MD's only address 2 types of pain. This is not normal accupuncture.)  Google, IMS pain clinic,Vancouver BC for more info. I believe they now teach it world wide. Dr Gunn developed the method by combining western and eastern med together.  I have 95 percent ROM back and that is as good as I will improve since being diagnosed 3-4 years ago. Still IMS was a life saver as I was really stuck for a treatment and didn't want surgery.

Aug 2, 2012 12:09AM, edited Aug 2, 2012 12:18AM by oregongal

Oh no, you guys hit my big fear.  Sixteen years ago I had a lengthy ductal excision.  Not too long after, I developed a severely frozen shoulder, it seem to freeze onto of a nerve, the pain was intense and lasted for about 7 months (the pain lasted 7months).  After the first one healed, the other side froze up, even worse, maybe because I am right handed.  The pain was horrible.  I did do acupuncture, which I highly recommend.  Sadly, it didn't help with the pain (once again felt like it froze over a nerve), but I got a lot of my movement back.  This time the pain lasted about 9 months, physical therapy wouldn't help me because I was in too much pain.  Now, I am someone who went to work three days after a partial mastectomy, 4 days after reconstruction (breast lift, implants on both sides),  so I can take a certain amount of pain, but it felt like it froze over a nerve.  With both cases, my only movement was from the elbow down to the hands..  The second one never did heal right.  I did have the intense spasms (felt like someone was ripping my arm out of the socket) that cookiegal talked about, but that was only until it totally froze.  A few years after the ductal excision, my breast started really acting up (lots of papillomas, ADH and other lumps).  Each time I had surgery, I would beg the doctor to go easy on my shoulder, I was so sure the surgery was the cause.  He didn't think so.

Now, sixteen years  and multiple procedures later, I have six more papillomas and they want to do a mastectomy, partially because to remove any more tissue will require more plastic surgery and at that stage, you might as well take the whole thing.  I really do not want a mastectomy. So, my BS and the tumor board said okay, you can wait six months and any growth and off goes the boob. While I am hoping there is no growth, I am preparing myself and remembered I had a new BS and would have to explain the whole frozen shoulder fears again.

So, now my question is, has anyone had a recurrence of the frozen shoulder?  Although I have never healed completely (can't lay on the floor and have both shoulders touch), I have not had any pain and very little range of motions issues, but like I said, have really begged everyone to be gentle with the shoulder during surgery.

Thank goodness for me,  I doubt if they take any nodes, my MRI just showed these 6 dang papillomas, a Birads 4 and the smallest papillomas I have ever had.  Because of the implants, they could only do a core biopsy of one and yes it was a papillomas, didn't even have hyperplasia.   So, it sounds like not having nodes removed may help the situation greatly.

At least it sounds like I was correct, there is a correlation between the frozen shoulder and surgery.

16 year history of papillomas, ADH and various other lumps so I don't get bored. Still Cancer Free!

Aug 5, 2012 08:29AM crystalphm wrote:

I hope I am understanding what you are explaining. I think surgery is only related to the frozen shoulder in the sense that we use our arm differently after a breast surgery, and it can freeze because of the "different" way of using our arms.

I know for me, the "wall walking" exercise afte a mastectomy blew out my shoulder, the pain was horrible. 6 months of physical therapy to get my shoulder 80% back, and I just have to watch it now, lifting anything heavy seems to throw it again.

I did not get reconstruction, so I don't know about that, or how having nodes removed would add to this, other than once again, such surgeries change how we move our arm, which seems to result in shoulder problems.

In my case there was no choice because I did have cancer (double mastectomy 18 months apart) but in your case, think through the healing from surgery part, about how arm movement changes and triggers shoulder problems.

Aug 23, 2012 12:57AM k8sonny wrote:

Hi!  I haven't posted in ages, but this thread really hits the spot for me.  I had my BMX 16 months ago and have been going to massage followed immediately by PT for 8 months for intense shoulder weakness and pain.  Weird stuff I can't do anymore:  a push-up (even the knee kind), pushing myself out of bed, squeezing orange juice using one of those inverted cone shaped old school manual squeezers, sitting on the floor for more than 5 minutes (intense upper back ache). I have been very faithful about PT and also swim 2-3x a week and was in good athletic shape prior to all this. Had some shoulder problems before bmx but NOTHING like this.

I cried the other day when my 4 year old asked me to play the piano for him at bedtime but I could only sit on the bench for a minute or two before the pain started.

I have also tried accupuncture; no relief. My PT is happy because I have recovered nearly full range of motion, but the pain still has not been relieved at all, not even 1%.Heat helps, but only in the moment.

I am angry because i feel much of this may have been caused by the pectoral muscles being pulled tight over the implants.  Had the doc discussed this possibility with me, I never would have done reconstruction.  Bleh.

Stage 1A IDC and extensive DCIS Feb '11, BMX Apr '11, 3 tumors (under 1cm). ER+/PR+, HER-. No nodes. Had 1A melanoma 2010 and 2A Hodgkins Lymphoma 1984, and benign thyroid (2008) and salivary (2004) gland growths. Cancer, leave me ALONE!

Aug 23, 2012 02:11AM ibcmets wrote:

Glad PT worked for me.  The first 3 months was bad with lots of pain.  first therapist pushed arm too hard.  I went to an orthopedic surgeon who put me through 6 months of gentle therapy.  I also had a cortizone shot.  This worked so I did not need surgery.  It was more painful than any of my surgeries for mastectomy or reconstruction.

Orthopedic dr. said they don't know how people get frozen shoulder.  I know of a guy who worked with computers daily who also got it in both arms at same time.  He had the surgery and PT.

Terri

6/2009: ibc,stage IV bone mets, ER/PR+, Her2-, 1/2011: BMX/Recon, Femara & Zometa;10/13 Aromasin/Afinitor

Aug 23, 2012 11:04AM crystalphm wrote:

K9sonny, I did not have reconstruction and yet I have the same pain.

I am just not sure what link this has to the surgery, but certainly there is a huge link.

I also did not get the shoulder problem on my right mastectomy...so it remains a puzzle.

Page 1 of 4 (91 results)