We are 144,950 members in 73 forums discussing 114,778 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Humor and Games → Topic: how about drinking?

Topic: how about drinking?

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Mar 28, 2006 11:40AM

JanieMarie wrote:

Where did our thread go? Is anyone out there from our drinking group? Did I miss something - like we became too offesive or ...well, drunk?

I would love to hear from you gals!

Janie Log in to post a reply

Page 780 of 1,407 (42,193 results)

Posts 23371 - 23400 (42,193 total)

May 2, 2012 08:02PM ErinBlackovich wrote:

Kathy, your friend and her family sure has my prayers, sorry to hear this. I say again "F U RAT BASTURD", I H A T E   Y O U  B E R R Y   MUCHLY!

I took myself off of flaxseed oil cuz I have heard it is not good for ER+ survivors. I keep forgetting to ask my onc about this one. He did ok taking soy as a sup to help with the hot flashes and night sweats. But I have not been taking it lately. I also cut my dose of Effexir and the sweating seems better. Certain things put me in a hot flash. I die when using a hair dryer. When I was getting my hairs did, I had sweat balls trickling down my forehead, my chest and back, hated it. 

Oh well, I will dwink den I will not care. SLUPR SLUPR SLURP, yummmmmmy!

I am a widdle concerned about de Stella's whereabouts. Hope she did not take off with a hot man. She does that sometimes ya know! She a ho like Elizabeth!! 

Gawd, I have missed me goils. So happy to be winding down at work. Hey, I tink work should be a bad word in the HTL... sorta like de word monday, and sorry. what do you all tink?

Speaking of uh,, monkeydey, where is Gail???? I taught she would be dwinking with us, boooooo!

I am praying for Cindy, I know she is hurting. I am tinking back to when I had my BMX and how much it hurt. De good ting is that she is over de worst part of it. I tink that the wait is worse den de soygery. 

Enuff talk about de FN RAT. I HATE RATS!!!!  What i like??? Well you know, it is dwinks and I am on number six!! yeeee hawwww!!! Cheers! 

who AM I TODAY? I am "Sugar Dazzle Thighs" *¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨* You can spend your life being angry about it. Or you can forget it and move on *¨*•¸¸¸.•*. CHEERS!

Dx 6/1/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 2, 2012 08:14PM, edited May 2, 2012 09:20PM by ErinBlackovich

A fun fact ... when NM posted de pic of de Amityville House, made me recall that the Amityville horror movies were filmed in NJ. I remember being in my early 20's when the movie first came out and searching high and low before we located the home that was used.  I just searched on google and found that in the original first three films, a home in Toms River NJ was used for filming. That town is the closest shoet point from my home town, took less than an hours to get there. Neat stuff, ehhh? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......Not as good as likker dough, fo sho!

who AM I TODAY? I am "Sugar Dazzle Thighs" *¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨* You can spend your life being angry about it. Or you can forget it and move on *¨*•¸¸¸.•*. CHEERS!

May 2, 2012 09:16PM ErinBlackovich wrote:

Katwinka, yose snoose, youse lose. Looks like de tenders are all mines dis night. 

Boys, pamper me. 

Tank ewe....

I am hitting de hay, berry berry tired. Good night my lovlies! Cheers!

May 2, 2012 09:57PM wahine wrote:

LMAO.....Dotty do you WEALLY tink I wud have left da Tenders wif ANY energy left to take care of youse??? J/K! I could barely keep up wid dem, if da troof be known. HAVE FUN and let em pamper ya allllllllll night....youse bin woiking hard and deserve some fun, relaxing time! ChEARS!!!

May 2, 2012 10:54PM Beanius wrote:

Happy Hump Day!!

laff

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin." ~Mother Teresa

May 2, 2012 11:41PM karen1956 wrote:

Thanks for the insights about the supplements....I took myself off everything (except my nasacort and colace, guaificen (sp) and ibuprofen) and my stomach was doing much better.....I started the DHEA/Testosterone (sublingual) and the Armour Thyroid the 4th or 5th of April...and last Monday night the 23rd started the supplements....some I take in the AM and some AM and PM...here it goes....AM:  Vit D 5,000 iu, DIM 200, Omega 3 2,000 , Folic Acid, B Complex, Calcium 600, Magnesium 200, Vit K....at night I take the Vit D, DIM, Omega 3 and Magnesium....

Gave DD my bathing suit that I bought last year....and it looks better on her than me!!!!  Its hard to find a tankini or one piece without a built in bra...my implants are small and flat and wide...my old bathing suits that are as old as DD look better on me!!!!  Funny how I can share clothes with my 14  year old....and her feet are bigger than mine....she's 5'1" and wears a size 8 1/2!!!  bought her new Vans today....and she needs sandles for summer and hiking shoes for camp...the ones I bought her last summer don't fit her.....

A friend's DD is getting married next month and we RSVP's that we would attend the wedding...they are our neighbors and she is our dentist....tonight DH and I were talking about summer plans and trying to figure out how can I do all the things I want to do as well as DH business travel...and he goes, I really don't want to go to the wedding!!!  And I've been looking for dress shoes to wear as I don't have any (all to small and gave them away....about 10 pairs that I had accumulated over the past 15 or so years)...so a couple weeks ago I bought a patent pump at DSW but thought they might be a little tall...so today I found a pair of naturalizers that are lower heel sling back and I thought dressy and DH liked the patent better....DD liked the sling back better till she saw the patent....so DD says keep both of them!!!! not sure I need or want that many dress shoes....the ones at DSW were about $40 on sale....the sling backs were $85!!!  What dilemnas!!!  Still haven't decided on the clogs....thinking I'm not going to get them....I found out that DH is getting me a pair of Sanitas....giving them to me friday.....and I love my clogs!!!!  plus he's still getting me the pair on back order so I'll have 5 pairs!!!! a girl can never have enough clogs.....

3 more weeks of school!!!! and its crazy busy....in fact got to go finish a report tonight that I forgot to finish and didn't remember that I didn't finish it!!!!

And now to plan out the summer....DD and I are going to go to my parents the 1st week in June...then before she goes to camp she is going to Toronto to her sister's and I'm thinking I'll go with her...which means that DH will go to Toronto a different time...so far in almsot 3 years, we've not gone to the kids together!!!!  Then I'll hang out in Denver till mid July...take the classes I need for my national certification and hopefully go to Israel for 3 weeks mid July and then on way home stop at my parents and get back to Denver mid August....now lets see if it all works out!!!

Tomorrow is DD 26th b'day....and its the 2nd RFTC in Israel...going to wear my T-shirt tomorrow and go for a 5 K at the near by park....sure wish I was in israel for the walk, but that there will be another time!!!!

Okay...enough of me going on and on!!!! 

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Dx 2/2/2006, ILC, Stage IIIa, Grade 1, 8/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 03/01/2006 Mastectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Right); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Chemotherapy 03/22/2006 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxotereRadiation Therapy 07/27/2006 ExternalSurgery 10/19/2006 Prophylactic Ovary Removal (Both)

May 3, 2012 04:28AM BernieEllen wrote:

7 reasons not to mess with children.

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.
The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small.
The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.
Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.
The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah."
The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?"
The little girl replied, "Then you ask him."

A Kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they were drawing. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work.
As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was.
The girl replied, "I'm drawing God."
The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like."
Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds.
After explaining the commandment to "honor" thy Father and thy Mother, she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our Brothers and Sisters?"
Without missing a beat one little boy (the oldest of a family) answered, "Thou shall not kill."

One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother had several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast on her brunette head.
She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, "Why are some of your hairs white, Mom?"
Her mother replied, "Well, every time that you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white."
The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said, "Momma, how come ALL of grandma's hairs are white?"

The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture.
"Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael, He's a doctor.'
A small voice at the back of the room rang out, "And there's the teacher, she's dead."

A teacher was giving a lesson on the circulation of the blood. Trying to make the matter clearer, she said, "Now, class, if I stood on my head, the blood, as you know, would run into it, and I would turn red in the face."
"Yes," the class said.
"Then why is it that while I am standing upright in the ordinary position the blood doesn't run into my feet?"
A little fellow shouted,
"Cause your feet ain't empty."

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray:
"Take only ONE. God is watching."
Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies.
A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples."

Bernie

Dx 2/16/2011, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIb, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

May 3, 2012 04:29AM BernieEllen wrote:

Bernie

May 3, 2012 07:54AM juliet62 wrote:

Dx 4/21/2011, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 04/06/2011 Lumpectomy (Right)Radiation Therapy 05/23/2011 ExternalHormonal Therapy 07/26/2011 TamoxifenSurgery 04/18/2012 Lumpectomy (Right)

May 3, 2012 09:17AM wahine wrote:

Love the funneeeeees! Bernie, I copied what you wrote about not messing with children, and sent it to my DH and my Dad. Juliet, that is FUNNEEE about what happens when we get OUT of bed!

Karen, Is tomorrow your birthday? I know some galz have asked you, but I may have missed it if you answered. Sounds like you already know a lot of what your gifts will be! My stomach dr told me not to take ibuprofen, mobic, aspirin, etc., but to take tylenol as he said it is easier on the stomach. Not sure if that is true, but I have done what he said. SURE miss my mobic though as it helped my back pain....the caudal epidural did not work this time, prolly cuz we went to Portugal 3 days later and even though my DD did most of the lifting of luggage, etc., I still did a lot of it too.You also mentioned taking 5k of Vit D...I thought 1K was a good amount? You may have mentioned a deficiency, can't remember. Comparing my g'dau who will be 14 this month, and your 14 yo DD....my g'dau is taller than her mom who is 5'6", and also already wears size 9.5 shoes! She is 1/4 korean, but she  sure is not taking after that side!!! LOL. My DD is quite slim, and some of her clothes are too snug for her DD.

I know I will be bumping someone, cuz I'm watching tv and keep interrupting my post! Hoping for a nice THIRST-DEY to all of youse amazing loungettes!! Those traveling, stay safe! Alli, Hope Aubrey is much better today! Here, it is raining and overcast, but cooler...had been around 90, so enjoying this cooler weather today. Tomorrow when we go to VT, it will very COOL, prolly even COLD! LOL.

Hugs! Mugs! No peeking under da Rugs!

Katwinka all Wettah

May 3, 2012 09:41AM karen1956 wrote:

26 years ago I became a Mom for the 1st time!!!  DD #1 is the birthday girl.....over the next 10 days, we have two more b'days and mother's day....i'm the 8th and my DS is the 12th!!  always a busy time!!!

Kathy....my vit D levels were quite low so the BHRT doc put me on 10,000 iu Vit D/day....for some reason the ibuprofen doesn't bother my stomach but sure helps my sinuses......I take it over the acetamenaphin for the anti-inflmmatory benefit...

going to be hot out today...but going to walk early....need to do a "5K" in my Israel RFTC t-shirt as today is the race in Jerusalem....of course with the time difference, the race is done now....

Have a great thursday...

Dx 2/2/2006, ILC, Stage IIIa, Grade 1, 8/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 03/01/2006 Mastectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Right); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Chemotherapy 03/22/2006 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxotereRadiation Therapy 07/27/2006 ExternalSurgery 10/19/2006 Prophylactic Ovary Removal (Both)

May 3, 2012 09:58AM wahine wrote:

OK Karen, remind us before the 8th, so we can have a big birthday party here for you! Happy Birthday to your DD!!!! Thanks for reminding me that tylenol does not help inflammation. I may start taking some ibuprofen for that, but just as needed, as I also found this: Acetaminophen is often recommended for treating the pain of arthritis because it doesn't cause stomach irritation. So maybe the ibuprofen might be affecting your stomach? NIce that you are doing a faux RFTC....will be nice to be supporting them from afar! Have a good day!

Gail, did you nessapear again??? Wese miss you! Can you PM one of us with your email so we can keep in touch? Nice to have NM back! Dorkie, don't work too hard! Lori, hope your trip is going well. LIsa, all settled back into work? Know you are excited about the 9th! Alli, let us know how Aubrey is! Beansie, Hope you are safe and sound! SusieQ, did your car/truck get dwunk again?? Luv all the jokes from Bernie and Juliet! Where is everyone else???? Hope Cindy is ok!

Hugs! Bring on dem Drugs!

May 3, 2012 10:12AM NativeMainer wrote:

Good morning, Loungettes! I was hoping for some sun today, looks like I'm going to be dissapointed that way. Ah well, such is life. Chilly in the again this am. May and I still have to run the furnace for heat! Yeesh!

Mema--losing a post is the pitts! Lots of fukitols for you, and lots of dwinkies of your choice, not to mention the tender of your choice.

Regarding Maypoles and maypole dancing--does anyone realize that the whole thing is a pre-Christian fertility celebration? Done in the spring to insure a good growing season. The pole is a phallic symbol, the woven streamers are a female symbol. I bet no one in our schools knew any of this!

"The earliest use of the Maypole in America occurred in 1628, where William Bradford, governor of New Plymouth, wrote of an incident where a number of servants, together with the aid of an agent, broke free from their indentured service to create their own colony, setting up a maypole in the center of the settlement, and behaving in such a way as to receive the scorn and disapproval of the nearby colonies, as well as an official officer of the king, bearing patent for the state of Massachusetts. Bradford writes:

"They also set up a May-pole, drinking and dancing about it many days togaether, inviting the Indean women, for their consorts, dancing and frisking togither, (like so many fairies, or furies rather,) and worse practises. As if they had anew revived & celebrated the feasts of ye Roman Goddes Flora, or ye beasly practieses of ye madd Bacchinalians."  Wikipedia

DorKable--I hear you about the medical debt thing. I've got an unopened bill sitting on my desk. Not sure I want to know what it is, even though I've met my deductible and out of pocket for the year, I still get bills. Cannot figure it out. Wish I was rich enough to drop all insurance and pay directly, then I could negotiate discounts and such. Sigh.

Wahine--getting stuff ready to pack and then dwinking while packing sounds like a great way to go! Gonna remember that for next time I have a trip to pack for!

Good morning, LORD, it's me again. Can I ask YOU to look out for Melinda? She's got the scary c-diagnosis and going to have surgery, probably today if I've got the timing right from Wahine's post. She and her parents could use YOUR strength and peace. Please guide the docs during her surgery and her care, please arrange for her to land in the "cured" column when this is all over. Thanks, LORD, appreciate YOUR time in this.

DorKable--I've found a few things trigger hot flashes, too. Dwinks with alchohol in them for one. Being in a warm place with no air movement is another. Haven't been in a hair dryer so don't know about that one but I wouldn't be surprised! And speaking of soy--I was looking at margarines in the store the other day (since that's supposed to be better than butter for cholesterol/fat intake) and could only find 2 that weren't soy based. I know soy is probably ok, but I just cannot bring myself to eat stuff that is almost totally soy. I guess I'm more afraid of the rat ba$tard than I am cholesterol. Neat stuff about the Amityville house. I read somewhere it was torn down, do you know if that's true?

Vodka kitteh is right, It's 5 o'Clock somewhere, always!

Karen--You might want to try taking the calcium and magnesium at night rather than in the am, the combo is very relaxing and will help you get to sleep. Add magnesium in slowly, it can cause diarrhea and tummy upset big time--magnesium is the basis of a lot of laxative, Milk of Magnesia being one of the best known. Taking Vit D with Omega 3 is a good move, the D needs the fat from the Omega 3 to be absorbed. Have you ever had a blood clot? If you have be cautious with the Vitamin K. On the other hand, if you bruise easily or bleed a lot when cut the Vit K is a good thing to take. I'm sure you'll get the summer schedule all worked out somehow. What did you decide about the wedding, going or not? Happy birthday to DD, and Hooray for school counting down! Almost done!

Bernie--LOL!!

Juliet-- I need to memorize that prayer!

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the Kill the Rat Ba$tard
1 part Midori Melon Liqueur
1 part Vodka Vodka
1 part Amaretto
1 part Coconut Rum
1 part Sloe Gin
1 part Cranberry Juice

Directions
Pour equal parts into a mug/glass. Add the alcohol first, then add the cranberry juice last. This drink may be mixed/stirred, but it isn't required.

dx 3/07, Stage 2, Grade 2 IDC, 2.8cm, ER+PR+, Her2(-), SN-, lumpectomy & rads, mastectomy 8/15/08, right prophy mast and bilateral DIEP recon 6/21/10

Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 3, 2012 10:54AM wahine wrote:

NM, Interesting about the history of the Maypole...I had NO idea!!! Thanks for the special prayer for Melinda. I will let you know when I hear something. OOPS....did I weally say I was dwinkin while packing??? I musta been so dwunk I didn't ebben remember! Still haven't put anytin in da suitcases yet....lots more ta do. YUP I'll dwink anudder Kill The Rat Ba$tard dwink, foah shuah. ChEARS!

May 3, 2012 11:42AM MemaSue56 wrote:

Oh mese missed da pArTay las nite...sounds like Wawa n DorKa had the Tenders to demselves most da nite...ewes goils deserb all dat attention and more too.

Went to da bar yest...tried to coax Stella to git her butt to town, den mese forgots Eric tender was off yest.  O mese was woiried Stella bese mad ifin she come only to find Eric not der.  Not dat she don't lub mese n DH n Bax n Bella, but still, wese all knows how she has a mind a her own.  N E way, mese called her, she was cool wif it, gonna stay in Vegas, den come up later today when she sweeps off her hangover.  Tol her Chinese food tanite if she gits here on time...she pwomised she‘d be here!

Bernie - lub da kids wrath jokes...too funny and da turtle...hahaha.

Juliet - dat sounds a lot like my morning prayers...LOL.

Karen - sounds like you gonna be pretty busy this summer...I wish you were in Israel for the walk too...hope you get to go this summer tho.  Oh , I was taking the calcium/vit d plus 2000 iu of extra D.  Jes got blood work...tooooo much vit D, so not taking the 2000 iu anymore.  Might want to make sure you're not on overload with some of your supplements.  Happy Bday to DD #1.  I'll wish you a Happy Bday now cuz the 8th I will be in Vegas getting a MUGA scan and hopefully seeing my Nephew, as it is his Bday too.  I saw your latest post, good ref the Vit D, jes so your levels are being watched.  I have not even finished my bottle of 90 2K vit D and my level was 88, range is 10 to 75. 

Wawa - Will keep Melinda and her family in my prayers.  I 2nd every word of DorKa's RB rant...yeah.  You take it easy tamary...try not to do ANY lifting...want your back to keep you going with minimal pain...will be thinking about you...check in when you can.  Stella and I will be heading to Vegas tamary...Sat is the walk/race. 

NM what a nice prayer....I recited it several times, make sure He hears me!  Den I'll hab mese a few DOTD's and recite dat prayer agin...I'll repeat dese steps til we knows all is OK with Melinda.  .  I did not kno that about the maypole being a fertility thingy in da dark ages.  Veddy interesting dahling...thanks for sharing.  And thanks for the ‘heads up' bout the Mag...that may be causing my tummy troubles.  I take 120mg in morning b4 I eat, then another in afternoon or evening after a meal.   

Lori - ewes home yet?  Hope all went well at da show.

Cindy - still praying fer you and hope you get to feeling better soon.

Alli - be safe....kno you will ck in when you can.  Oh, did you ever tell me what horsey you were liking in da Derby?

Well...need to git busy with my packing.  Eber1 have a gwate ThirstyDey!!!

'Princess Silver Thighs' says....Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a GIFT!

Dx 4/20/2011, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 3, 2012 03:08PM, edited May 3, 2012 03:09PM by NativeMainer

Oh, boy, Jocks, bring me a BIG dwinky and keep them comin'!  Just saw a new appointment on my work calendar, got a meeting with one or both of the supers Friday pm just before I go on call.  I confronted one of the sups about a snide comment made during a meeting and she said something about "addressing behaviors" so I must have said or done something that upset someone.  Time to start seriously looking for another job.  It would be really nice if the meeting was to tell me that they found someone for the weekend job and I'm moving to days in a few weeks, but the chances of that happening are probably pretty low.  Would help if you ladies would keep in mind tomorrow around 3:30 pm.  In the meantime, where's my dwinky?  Oh, here it is, and there's the one for the other hand, and I see a pitcher getting mixed up and filled and even has a goofy, curvy straw stuck in it!  Yeah! 

dx 3/07, Stage 2, Grade 2 IDC, 2.8cm, ER+PR+, Her2(-), SN-, lumpectomy & rads, mastectomy 8/15/08, right prophy mast and bilateral DIEP recon 6/21/10

May 3, 2012 04:05PM juliet62 wrote:

Dx 4/21/2011, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 04/06/2011 Lumpectomy (Right)Radiation Therapy 05/23/2011 ExternalHormonal Therapy 07/26/2011 TamoxifenSurgery 04/18/2012 Lumpectomy (Right)

May 3, 2012 05:14PM NativeMainer wrote:

I want to work in THAT office!

May 3, 2012 05:16PM juliet62 wrote:

good luck with that meeting tomorrow nm, any news on melinda yet?

May 3, 2012 06:22PM MemaSue56 wrote:

Hi Dahhhhlinks!!!   Stella HAS ARRIVED.  Thank you DorKa (n Alli) for sending her to me.  She wants to go RIGHT NOW to see Eric...but I tails her NO...we habta be good to drive to LV tamary and she smell like a brewery alwedy...she musta been dwinkin since she left home.  She calm down now...playing with Baxter n Bella.  She say der lickin tickles her nose.  LOL  Yep, dey do.

NM....will keep you in my thoughts n prayers tamary.  By 12:30 my time shud be jes arriving in Vegas...will keep da positive thots dat they calling you in to give you da new, better schedule.

O Tay Den....off to bix supper...n a nudder dwinky...Tits UP!!!

'Princess Silver Thighs' says....Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a GIFT!

May 3, 2012 06:47PM wahine wrote:

Oh NM, of course we will all be thinking of you at 3:30 tamarry....I will prolly be doing it at 30k ft high or so, though. Will be in your time zone tomorrow night! HOPING and PRAYING the meeting WILL be a good one, so you won't need to look for another job. Let us know! IN the meantime, I will dwink wid ya for Pau Hana!!!!

Safe travels tomorrow, Sue! And I hope the weather will be great for your walk on Saturday. Also hoping you and Heather can meet!!!

Had to run errands today.....so back to packing.......

Suck 'Em Up!!

Kath

May 3, 2012 07:08PM MemaSue56 wrote:

Tanks WaWa - supposed to b nice, mayb light breeze and bout 80 degrees.  I can handle dat.

Ok, gotta go find Stella n me pooches...DH jes arrived home and will want his din-din!

Love ya all muchly muchly!!!

May 3, 2012 07:29PM karen1956 wrote:

Feeling kind of invisible on fb....I've made a few posts where i've asked questions and no one has responded....now it has nothing to do with bc, so its in no way directed at my sisters here....just my fb "friends"....makes me wonder about staying "friends" with several people.....hurts my feelings....thought I was real time friends with a couple people, but they don't respond to my posts or emails, so wondering what I have done to hurt them...they are two gals I met last summer....wonder if I should send an email and ask...and apologize....one gal wrote me an email last summer after we got home and it took me a couple months to respond cuz of the place I was in and I've written a couple times and no response...the other is on fb....don't know what to do.....will mull it over for a couple days.....

going to make dinner shortly....salmon, rice, corn and salad and of course glass of wine

May 3, 2012 08:17PM wahine wrote:

Big (((HUGS))) Karen, Hope it doesn't get you down. I'm gonna ask Pants to jest pamper you ALL NIGHT....but first, here is a nice BIG glass of wine. Oh heck, here is the whole bottle!

May 3, 2012 09:28PM MemaSue56 wrote:

WaWa - u all packedd, ready to fly away for awhile?  I am all packed.  Will do my walk in the morn, do some grocery shopping and head for LV about 11:30.  Stella still packing, unpacking, packing, unpacking.  She habbin trouble deciding what to take.  Mese tail her she fineliest in n e ting she wears.  But she wants a hat for Derby day, a Cinco Day themed top...oo mese...she too widdle to wear my cwose...so wese mite hab to stop at Bealls on our way out tamary.

Karen - don't let fb gals get ya down...I'll help dwink dat bottle WaWa gave ya...make us both feel better.

Drink up goils...it's Thirsty-Dey!!

May 3, 2012 09:38PM ErinBlackovich wrote:

Hey goils!

Happy thirstdey and I am berry thirsty! I will take one of those straws to de JD bottle and hang with NM.

NM, I am so sorry this is happening. I hate the politics with management. I will surely be thinking about you tomorrow. Hugs to ya.

Suzie, have a great time, hope you can post on de weekend. I get sadliest on de weekends when I is here by meself. I like to share de tenders with all yese wunferfilled goils. I will be tinking about you and our lil Kitty Kat on saturdey. And keep a close eye on dat Stella. One ting I should tail ya, she likes to portend to be sleeping den sneak out to ummm, be with de boys. And don't tail her I tailed you, but she likes em berry young. And watch yer likker, it will nessapear when she is about. hehe!

Kathy, have a wonderful trip. I hope you feel well.  Give hugs to your friend Melissa from me. I also hope you can post.  Will  you have internet? We is habbing a big partay on saturdey night so you better be dere or be sqware! 

Karen, I know the feeling. My bff forever is like that. It takes her so long to respond when I write her. She claims to be busy, and she is, but it is still not cool. I am busy too. I don't say anything though, I try to accept her as she is. That is just the way she rolls so I roll along. Try not to fret over it. If you feel strongly about saying something, then do it! If they are true friends, they will respond. 

Thinking of Cindy and hoping she can drop in soon. 

Hello to all you goils. I am digging the funny cartoons and yokes too. Tanks for sharing, jest love all yese goils.

Well, time to go. I has to get ready for tomorree. And dat means foyst, habbing a dwink. Why of course, dat is how I get ready for ebberything, a dwink den do someting. Den a dwink, den do sumting else. THAT my fwends, is how I roll.

Cheers!

May 4, 2012 02:05AM kittycat wrote:

Hi girls! I have a good reason to cheers! My brain and lower spine MRI came back NED! Yipee!!! That makes me 2 years NED!

Our local Komen office wants to have my father inlaw interviewed on the news and they wanted him to speak on stage at the walk. He also had bc. He's pretty shy and didn't want to do it. So, I'm going to my inlaws' house tomorrow to be interviewed by the news. And if my FIL feels up to it, we are going to get on stage at the Komen walk. I'm pretty excited about this. I just have to figure out what I'm wearing tomorrow. I took the day off to do this and to get stuff ready for the walk. :)

2 time survivor of triple negative BC, postiive for BRCA1 gene mutation! 9 surgeries, 5 months of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation.

Dx 6/17/2009, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-Dx 4/30/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/10 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-Surgery 08/12/2009 Mastectomy (Both); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Surgery 12/15/2009 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Surgery 05/04/2010 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Right)Chemotherapy 06/16/2010 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxolRadiation Therapy 11/15/2010 ExternalSurgery 07/20/2011 Prophylactic Ovary Removal (Both)Surgery 08/30/2011 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Right)Surgery 05/15/2012 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Right)

May 4, 2012 03:21AM BernieEllen wrote:

Bernie

May 4, 2012 04:25AM hawaiik wrote:

@BernieEllen
LMAO love this
Drinking Chardonnay tonight
Cheers
K

ER 70% 1-2+, PR 50% 1-2+ BMX with DTI Recon SalineDec27 ,2011 , exchange surgery to silicone 11/29/2012

Dx 8/3/2011, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+Surgery 08/01/2011 Lumpectomy (Left)Surgery 12/27/2011 Mastectomy (Both); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Left); Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Surgery 11/29/2012 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)

May 4, 2012 07:33AM Mrs_Vino wrote:

Awesome kitty! You will do great. U and Mema will have to post pics, k?
Can't say much else. Too much wine last night, topped off with some tanqueray and tonic. There's a little man walking around in my brain beating a big drum.i have to get him out and get ready for the Oaks.

Allison

Dx 4/14/2011, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 780 of 1,407 (42,193 results)