We are 144,826 members in 73 forums discussing 114,666 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration → Topic: Any LDS women with BC?

Topic: Any LDS women with BC?

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration — Words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Jun 29, 2012 12:10PM

M0m2Three wrote:

Hi!   I'm a mother of 3 who is LDS.   I draw great inspiration from my sisters of faith, be they Christian, Muslim, and Jewish.    It is great to work together and let our maker work miracles in our lives.   I feel so blessed and inspired from the stories of faith walking in God's light.

May God continue to bless and heal us, watch over and protect our loved ones, and help us be a beacon of hope.

:)  Janet

Page 12 of 12 (347 results)

Posts 331 - 347 (347 total)

Aug 29, 2013 09:30AM MammaRay wrote:

Reading back over these old posts makes me smile. What a place of comfort this was for me. Thank you! Hope you are all doing well.

- Love, Ray

Aug 31, 2013 01:50PM Joanne58 wrote:

What the heck?  Just noticed your post, Ray--so good of you to revive the thread!  Now I have NO excuse for following your lead and catching everyone up on stuff. Thanks, again, Ray!  I'll post more after church tomorrow.  Have a good Labor Day weekend, everyone!

"There is beauty all around when there's love at home." --John H. McNaughton

Dx 9/7/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIa, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+Surgery 09/16/2010 Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Right)Chemotherapy 10/28/2010 Adriamycin, CytoxanTargeted Therapy 01/21/2011 HerceptinRadiation Therapy 03/23/2011 ExternalHormonal Therapy 04/27/2011 Tamoxifen

Oct 10, 2013 08:01PM blackcat2012 wrote:

bump and check in...

Oct 10, 2013 08:15PM MammaRay wrote:

Hey blackcat, how are you? It brightened my day to get an email saying there was a new post to this thread. This thread was such a pillar of strength to me during a much needed time. I have lost track of many on here, but pray that all are well.

Oct 10, 2013 08:18PM blackcat2012 wrote:

I am getting better, thankfully and I hope eeveryone else is well.

Oct 17, 2013 11:28PM MammaRay wrote:

so glad to hear you are doing better. Where are you from blackcat?

Nov 19, 2013 11:42PM susan3 wrote:

hey momma ray, good to see you. Haven't been on myself in forever. How is everything going ?

Susan Triner

Dx 3/2002, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, 40/5 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 20, 2013 07:25PM MammaRay wrote:

Susan, hey darlin'! So glad to hear from you. Things are ok here. Life is keeping me on my toes, that's for sure! It's only mid- November and I'm so sick of Ohio. Don't tell Joanne, but I think we may have to come move in with her just to stay warm! Lol *wink*

How are you, and your family?

Nov 22, 2013 02:38AM Joanne58 wrote:

Hey! What's this about you moving in with me, Ray? Funny you'd mention this now when I'm looking in my overflowing garage and wishing someone like you were here to help me sort it out. Your "room" is available till Tuesday, but then it'll be taken by my son and his family for a few days. I'll send them packin' if you'll help me the garage--ha! Happy

Susan--glad to see you posting and sounding good as ever. Hope your daughter is still enjoying being a newlywed!

Dx 9/7/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIa, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+Surgery 09/16/2010 Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Right)Chemotherapy 10/28/2010 Adriamycin, CytoxanTargeted Therapy 01/21/2011 HerceptinRadiation Therapy 03/23/2011 ExternalHormonal Therapy 04/27/2011 Tamoxifen

Nov 22, 2013 12:48PM MammaRay wrote:

Ha, right Joanne- that's the way I will win Austin's respect... Kicking him out of his room. Lol. You don't want my help in your garage, because I will make you get rod of things!

So, I had an interesting visit with my mother in law just now. She told me she doesn't like my haircut, but in showing her pictures of my vacation she started asking questions about the L.A. Temple. She never asks any questions, so that was a nice treat.

Have a WONDERFUL weekend everyone!

Feb 6, 2014 12:13AM susan3 wrote:

hey girls how r you all???  I am going dog sledding the end of the month. Can't beat the snow so I will have fun in it. But the I must confess, Claire and I will go to Florida the end of March. Air boat and alligators...fun fun.

Keeping busy. Cancer has traveled:(. That is what metastatic does. It is in small amounts in c7, lung, rib and still many many nodes. Feeling good and tolerating chemo. Not many chemos left for me and I am blowing through them pretty quick...but in the meantime...there is a lot of fun to be had.

Stay well girls

Miss chatting

Susan

Feb 7, 2014 01:40AM Joanne58 wrote:

Hey, Susan!  Once again, it's good to hear from you!  I'm feeling WAAAAY guilty for not keeping this thread going :/  You're a sweetie to let us know how you're doing.  Dog-sledding?????  Wow--you've got yet another awesome thing to add to your list of accomplishments!  I hope you're also keeping up on your piano playing.  Music is such wonderful therapy and soothes the troubled mind and spirit :)  I've been busy teaching 38 piano students and trying to organize all the junk in my garage.  It's getting better (no thanks to Ray's help--ha!),  but I still need to down-size things like.....wedding gifts from 1981 that I've never used (how embarrassing to admit!).  I've got my grandkid toys, Christmas decorations and the 8 containers of ribbon bolts from my bow business all organized in big clear tubs so I can see what the heck is in all of them. I do feel a lot better now :)

My middle daughter is expecting again--a surprise that is welcomed by all--but is feeling sick a lot of the day and night.  Wish I could help her but she's hundreds of miles away in Washington--boo!  Her son will be turning one next week and needs lots of care.  I hope he's easy to handle while she deals with morning sickness.  

Youngest daughter is working at Bruxie's (waffle sandwhiches, etc.) and Hollister (teen-type clothing) to earn money for college in the Fall.  We'll be official empty nesters then--whoo-hoo!  She's waiting to hear which BYU campus accepts her application.  Probably Idaho, but she's hoping for Provo, Utah. 

19 yr-old son is serving a 2 yr. mission in Arizona and LOVING it!  He's currently in Chandler and got to take some people to the Gilbert Temple open house last week.  He said it was amazingly beautiful--felt like heaven inside.  He's maturing, spiritually, mentally and physically while he serves others.  I'm very proud of him and look forward to his emails every Monday.  We got to talk to him on Christmas day via Skype for only 45 minutes.  My husband and I cried after we "hung up."  We miss him but know he's doing the Lord's work and becoming a better person because of it.  

Oldest son will be moving to Nevada after finishing his MBA this year.  He did an internship for Amazon last summer and got a job offer right away, so I guess they like him. Wish it wasn't such a demanding job during the holidays, though.  He gets one day off, then it's back to work.  Amazon never sleeps!  They'll be selling their cute little old house in Provo where they've been raising their 3 little girls, so if anybody is interested in a cheap house, let me know! 

Oldest daughter living in Iowa had a nightmare experience flying to Argentina to meet up with her husband on a  business trip 3 weeks ago. Her plane got caught in a storm when trying to land in Buenos Aires.  Part of the right wing blew off and flew by her window as she watched sparks and listened to grown men, screaming as everyone was tossed around in the Delta plane!  They made an emergency landing in Uraguay where they waited for another flight for almost a day!  She was grateful to be alive, though, and atrributes it to the Mission Training Center Presidency from our church who happened to be on board the same filght, reporting for service in Argentina.  They were blessed and protected, so the rest of the passengers were, too (in our opinion ;)  I sure wish I could see my daughter's 3 kids plus my other grands more often.  It's really hard, living so far away from them.  

It was GREAT having Ray and her son for a visit last November.  What a treat! So nice to finally meet and actually see each other in person. Her son is absolutely adorable, and Ray is beautiful, inside and out.  She was a delight to entertain and take around my neck of the woods.  The weather was perfect, too--sunny and warm enough for most outdoor activities. Friendships made on this board are the silver lining of this trial of mortality that we share, and meant to last forever :)

Good wishes to all, and blessings to you, Susan, as you continue to enjoy every thing good that this beautiful world can offer!

Mar 27, 2014 12:28PM Windwalker wrote:

I just stumbled upon this when looking though the active threads. I'm an lds mother of two boys aged 2 & 4. I was just recently diagnosed and am awaiting my surgery date. Looking forward to conference and the wonderful spirit that it holds. 

Awaiting genetic testing

Dx 2/11/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 28, 2014 02:09AM Joanne58 wrote:

Welcome, Windwalker! Hope your surgery goes well and you receive the best of care with your treatment. Regarding General Conference next week--I'm with you.  Can't wait!  The General Women's broadcast this Sat. is something I'm looking forward to, as you probably are. too.  I remember recovering from surgery, watching Oct. Conf. in 2010.  It really gave me a boost and increased my faith :)  Keep posting here so we can get to know you.  Hope more LDS BCO members find us and our group grows again!

Mar 28, 2014 12:47PM MammaRay wrote:

Windwalker, hello! So glad you found us. My goodness you had your plate full already with two toddlers. I have a three year old son, so I can relate. They can be a great distraction though. I'm glad you have the faith of the gospel to strengthen you in this journey. Tell us more about yourself. Or else we'll just ask :) Joanne is kind of the "Den Mother" here, and everyone loves her. There are many other amazing people who pop in and out, but it has been pretty slow lately. Thanks for bringing it back!

Mar 30, 2014 09:06PM susan3 wrote:

hi everybody, hope everyone is doing wonderful.

Nice hearing from you mamma ray!! Hope you r getting lots of rest in between chasing your son :)

Hi Joanne, we finally got nice weather here in the Midwest.  Yeah us !

I am walking in the chicago breast cancer walk in May. If there is anyway you guys could support me, that would be great. If not, just think of me on the 31st of May walking 40 miles in 2 days...I hope I am not still walking on day three...lol

You can go on the avon site for chicago. I am under Susan Triner or the team name qwirkle. 

Thanks guys

Apr 11, 2014 07:45AM MammaRay wrote:

Susan! How nice to hear from you. So sorry it has taken me a while to respond. Just had BMX surgery last week. In pain, but will be fine.

How are preparations for the walk? Is your daughter or anyone doing it for you. You will find many mixed emotions on these boards about walks, and fundraising events. I will admit, I am not as "pink" passionate as I was before dx, but I think it is a great thing to do. I did the 60 mile walk the summer before my dx and it was an awesome experience. Good luck. How is the family?

live and hugs to everyone here!!

Page 12 of 12 (347 results)