We are 144,967 members in 73 forums discussing 114,788 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Breast Reconstruction → Topic: WRINKLES IN BREAST IMPLANTS

Topic: WRINKLES IN BREAST IMPLANTS

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Feb 25, 2009 05:07PM

snadye wrote:

This message goes out to all the ladies who have had their tissue expanders removed, and implant exchange. I am just two week's two day's into my implant exchange, I have been massaging them as instructed by my PS. At the very beginning of exchange I noticed a little wrinkling, but in the past few day's the wrinkling seems to be more noticeable. Is this normal, or is it to early yet for me to be concerned about.I am very disturbed at how they look. I know that they will never look like they did before, and they look and feel alot better than the tissue expanders did, but I can't help been disappointed. I go back to my PS in about two weeks for a check up, but I thought who better to ask, than those who have been through it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

snadye

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Feb 25, 2009 05:15PM MinAZ wrote:

I have had silicone for a little more than a year, and I have never noticed any wrinkling. I would probably call the doctor's office and ask about it. If it's a problem they would probably want you to come in sooner.

Minz

Dx 10/15/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 25, 2009 05:17PM ejlj wrote:

is your implant silicone or saline? 

Dx 4/4/2008, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIb, Grade 3, 2/12 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Feb 25, 2009 05:25PM snadye wrote:

My implants are Silicone!

Feb 25, 2009 05:32PM ejlj wrote:

the ps may have put in a smaller silicone implant than the the size of your expander (they usually do) and they also put more volume in the expander than the what is in the implant, making the pocket in which it sits bigger than the implant.  It's not uncommon to feel wrinkling.  Hopefully the pocket will tighten over time and the wrinkling will disappear.  If not, than the implant may be too small.  Make sure you voice your concerns to your PS at your next visit.  Hope this helps.  Tina

Dx 4/4/2008, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIb, Grade 3, 2/12 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Feb 25, 2009 05:34PM Dejaboo wrote:

I think What you are seeing we refer to them as Ripples.  If you do a search for Ripples You will find alot of threads about them.

Some women have them & some dont...Some More then others.

Sometimes a PS can Put in a different Implant- Probably larger to help get rid of the Ripples.  Sometimes the Skin is so thin that that may be the problem more then the implant size...Alloderm might help with the thin skin.

Definately talk to your PS when you see him in 2 weeks.

Pam

Dx 3/7/2008,DCIS, IDC-1.2mm, Stage tIA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR-,HER2+,Lump/SNB-4/1/08, Bilat 5/22/08, EX 9/22/08, PFO & ASA heart Closure 12/29/08, 7/09-RAVH, 11/09-NOLA-SGAP-to fix Symmastia! Stage2 4/2010, Stage2B 11/2010, Truncal & Arm LE

Feb 25, 2009 05:37PM snadye wrote:

Thank you so much, this makes me feel a little better.

Snadye

Feb 25, 2009 05:38PM snadye wrote:

Thank you so much this makes me feel a little better.