We are 144,844 members in 73 forums discussing 114,677 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape → Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Fitness and Getting Back in Shape — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Page 439 of 656 (19,660 results)

Posts 13141 - 13170 (19,660 total)

Dec 1, 2012 07:01PM _Ann_ wrote:

Boy I skipped one day and look what I missed.  misswim, way to go on the free handstand!  Claire, congrats on the milestone!  Adey, 3 miles, wow.  Ruth, consistent as ever with the Firm DVDs.  Badger, 24,000 posts, w00t!

I walked in the rain yesterday for about an hour and a half.  Didn't think I'd gone that long but I guess I was slowed down by avoiding puddles.  Tonight I did some hula hoop practice and will be doing another walk with the hubby later.  He got inspired to get new shoes like I did so I'm hoping he may start walking a bit further with me.  I don't mind walking alone but I like to see him spending more time exercising and less time sitting in a chair.

Finished chemo, lumpectomy, and rads in April 2013. Onward and upward!

Dx 6/15/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 3, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 2, 2012 12:32AM ruthbru wrote:

Hi! Busy day. Managed to get in lots of exercise along with everything else, but went to a Christmas party tonight, so no doubt regained any weight lost earlier.

Mary, I would love to see Denard. Along with everything else, he has a very cool name! Smile

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche

Dx 2/2007, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Dec 2, 2012 03:00AM Heidihill wrote:

Yay, Adey! That's a big milestone.

Need to lose some weight before a Christmas party this coming Saturday. I will have to spend more time at the gym or out in the snow.

Zumba yesterday, including a number incorporating Gangnam Style. So much fun.

Dx 8/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 2, 2012 03:34AM badger wrote:

good evening/good morning ladies!  Did the Jingle Bell 5k walk in 51:16 this morning, pretty slow time but that's OK.  There were lots of walkers which I was glad to see.  Next year, I will wear my reindeer antlers! 

Walked there and back so logged 7.01 km = 4.36 miles for the day.

Yeah, lots of posts from back when I was gaming a lot, steroid buzz or sleepless nights etc.  Kind of crazy but there are several of us here over 20K posts so I'm in good company.

Adey, congrats on running 3 miles.

Claire & misswim, love the new avatar pix.

Mary & Ruth, you guys pick the weekend, based on the baseball schedule, and I'll be there!

Keep up the good work everyone!

4,347.5 miles walked ~ Find your calm. Move forward from this place.

Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 2, 2012 08:41AM LuvLuLu wrote:

8 mile run, nice out, temp in the 30's with a light dusting of snow.  Supposed to get up into the 50's later and that will be nice because I'm taking my 2 nieces and their babies (boy age 4, boy age 2, girl age 2) for "Breakfast with Santa" at the barn where I ride.  We went last year, it's a great breakfast buffet, everything home cooked, and they get to have their pictures taken with Santa and on the ponies, then they get to do a lot of running around outside and on the trails in the woods in the fresh air.  Can't beat that!

Have a great day, everyone . . .

Dx 9/1/2002, DCIS, Stage 0Dx 5/21/2012, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodesSurgery 07/16/2012 Mastectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal (Left); Reconstruction: TRAM flap (Left)

Dec 2, 2012 04:39PM ruthbru wrote:

Pretty nice out, walked for an hour with a friend & did a little thigh work. Next, it's out to supper. I am too scared to step on the scale!!!

Dec 2, 2012 05:09PM NatsFan wrote:

5 mile run in prep for the Jingle all the Way 8K in DC next weekend.  It was a good run - beautiful day around 50 degrees - but I'm tired! I'm usually more of a 5K girl, so I wanted to make sure I could handle the longer distance.  Now I need to stop at Five Below and pick up some antlers or something to wear next week.  Tongue Out

Adey - I can't tell you how impressed I am with your running 3 miles.  You started that C25K program and just kept plugging away.  I know a couple of times you had medical setbacks, but you just picked yourself up, dusted yourself off, and started all over again.  And now you did it - congrats!!!!  You must feel great for doing it!

Badger - good for you for walking the 5K so soon after surgery - you rock!  Thanks for the antler suggestion!

Mary

Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIb, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 01/30/2008 Mastectomy (Both); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Chemotherapy 03/04/2008 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxotereHormonal Therapy 07/01/2008 FemaraSurgery 10/09/2008 Reconstruction: DIEP flap (Both)

Dec 2, 2012 05:18PM misswim wrote:

Spin/Core hour class this am, then hot yoga. Holy cow, I am pooped. 2.5 dtraight hours of butt kicking.

Claire, I "rode" 23 miles and thought of you and Cheryl the whole way!

Adey, 3 miles is awesome!! Congrats. 

Girls- totally there on the baseball game!! Can't wait!

Dx 4/15/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Chemotherapy 07/09/2011 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxolSurgery 08/07/2012 Prophylactic Ovary Removal (Both)

Dec 2, 2012 11:23PM Claire_in_Seattle wrote:

I rode again today for about 27 miles.  Got a major workout as was windy and a few showers with sidewise rain.  Was rewarded with a rainbow.

Came back to the work I didn't do yesterday so still at it.  Had a wonderful bath though to calm my sore shoulders and back muscles.  (A lot harder cycling when wet and windy.) - Claire

Completed all active treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, and radiation). Now on to the rest of my life. So much to celebrate.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIb, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Dec 2, 2012 11:49PM marianelizabeth wrote:

6 km walk and yoga and too tired to say anything else!

http://breastcancereh.blogspot.ca

Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, ER+/PR+, HER2-Dx 9/21/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 09/07/2012 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Right)Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxolSurgery 03/05/2013 Mastectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Right)Hormonal Therapy 04/29/2013 ArimidexRadiation Therapy 05/07/2013 ExternalSurgery 12/06/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)

Dec 3, 2012 12:27AM hbcheryl wrote:

Badger you are amazing, nothing keeps you down. Adey congratulations. Lulu your day sounds wonderful, I hope the kids had a load of fun. Heidi the sh’bam that I did last week also had a Gangnam style dance in it, it was fun but I’m sick of that song now, been spinning to it for weeks now. Too funny misswim, I always think of you all when I wear my shirt, it’s like you’re all in class with me. Nats you know I’m not a baseball fan but you know I’ll be there for the stadium foodInnocent

Did Body Step class today and Body Combat yesterday, later this week you’ll start seeing an infomercial for Les Mills Combat which is the home version of my class.

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIa, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 3, 2012 04:05AM Momine wrote:

I was a bad girl this weekend. Not only did I have wine and dessert both days, I also didn't do any exercise other than walking my dog. Back to the gym and sobriety today.

Dx 6/1/2011, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIb, Grade 2, 7/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Chemotherapy 06/20/2011 Cytoxan, Ellence, fluorouracil, TaxotereSurgery 09/13/2011 Mastectomy (Both)Radiation Therapy 01/09/2012 ExternalSurgery 03/08/2012 Prophylactic Ovary Removal (Both)Hormonal Therapy 04/01/2012 Femara

Dec 3, 2012 05:28AM joyh1109 wrote:

Brisk trail hike with a friend this morning - 32 degrees and icy outside.   I was bad this weekend - too much wine and dessert, and a hearty dinner last night.  'Tis the season.  Back to it this week!  

heidihill   Will see if amazon.de will work for DVD's.  I do need the American system DVD's, we will see.  In the meantime I'm re-visiting some old DVD's that I forgot that I had.  Smile  We are getting snow for the next 3 days - you must be too?  

Nov. 2011 NSS BMX direct to implants Tamoxifen, Zoladex

Dx 9/27/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 3, 2012 07:15AM LuvLuLu wrote:

Great day yesterday w/the kids, they had fun with the ponies and Santa.

Manic Monday today.  Got my workout in first thing - treadmill run, HIIT 20 minutes followed by back and tris and I just added that huge battle rope to my routine.  Fun fun fun.....

Dx 9/1/2002, DCIS, Stage 0Dx 5/21/2012, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodesSurgery 07/16/2012 Mastectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal (Left); Reconstruction: TRAM flap (Left)

Dec 3, 2012 08:13AM badger wrote:

In the 50's yesterday so walked for a little over an hour, did 6.7 km = 4.16 mi.

Mary, how about some jingle bells for your shoelaces?  Cool 

Dental appt today so off work.  Supposed to be unseasonably warm so will walk later.

Have a great week ahead, everyone!

Dec 3, 2012 08:25AM Dazdnfused wrote:

Good morning-

Rather sedentary weekend; we had an incredible rainstorm that left our town with over 6" of rain.  Today I'm up and at 'em; going off to spin!  My weight has been creeping up, so this week I am going to be in 'cleansing' mode-lots of water, green leaves, fruit, and good protein.  It's a busy week ahead and that's just the way I like it.

I think that hitting the workout first thing in the morning is essential for me.  I am so prone to blowing it off later in the day!

Have a good Monday fellow LPODE's ("let's post our daily exercisers"!)

xo

Kim

Kim DCIS 2.5cm and

Dx 4/1/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage Ia, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 3, 2012 11:05AM NatsFan wrote:

45 minute My Fitness Coach flexibility workout this morning- back is a bit stiff from all the raking and the long run yesterday, and when I got into triangle pose, I couldn't get out!!  Finally eased out of it, but geez did I feel old.  Been doing some gentle stretching ever since to stretch it out. 

Follow up opthamologist appt this morning for the retinal hole and dry eye.  Now I have one eye dialated - try working on a computer that way.  Undecided  Hopefully the drops will wear off soon.  But the hole in the retina is stable, so I don't have to see her for a year unless I get symptoms of a retinal tear. 

Playing hookey tomorrow to take a senior center trip to the White House to see all the holiday decorations.  Dh and I did that last year, and it's beautiful.  Going with a good friend this year and can't wait.  She's going through rough times (her mom is in hospice from kidney cancer) so it'll be a a nice chance to relax with her and gab all day. 

Kim - I've been thinking of you with all those storms out there!  Keep dry and safe.  I agree about having to do morning workouts - I hate to get up in the morning, but I finally figured out that I have to just bite the bullet and get up early to do my workouts in the morning, or else I just don't do it later in the day.  Badger - like the "bells on my toes" idea!

Mary

Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIb, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 01/30/2008 Mastectomy (Both); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Chemotherapy 03/04/2008 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxotereHormonal Therapy 07/01/2008 FemaraSurgery 10/09/2008 Reconstruction: DIEP flap (Both)

Dec 3, 2012 11:56AM LilacBlue wrote:

Did two classes at the gym this morning - body step and boday balance.  Then did some C'shopping and back in time to pickup son at train station.

Mary - have and wish I could go as well.

Have a good start to the week everyone!

It's the golden moments on the dark string that you have to go by.

Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage Ib, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 06/13/2012 Mastectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Left); Reconstruction: DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction (Left)

Dec 3, 2012 12:29PM, edited Dec 3, 2012 12:30PM by movetomaui

Love all these posts ... made me feel lazy this weekend but I'm on it this week!  My youngest son (19 years) has a "to do" list for this afternoon.  He is to get our Treadmill back in working order (it has been folded up and moved in the basement).  So I am so looking forward to getting home and getting back on it!  Have the iPod all ready!  

I had my mastectomy on 10/12 with immediate placement of TE.  Couldn't have imagined walking and working out (bouncing) before I had a few fills.  Then I contracted a confirmed case of Influenza type A ... actually the whole school office where I work did too!  Was down and out for almost 2 weeks.  Not making excuses just explaining myself.  So today is officially day 1 of getting back in shape!  I am "filled to capacity" and just waiting for my exchange surgery which should be sometime in early February.

I'm looking for any Treadmill workouts if anyone has any!  

Look for my posts because I really feel that making myself accountable to all of you will motivate me to start and stay on track!

Thanks in advance for your continued inspiration!  Have an awesome week!

Dx 9/4/2012, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-Surgery 08/29/2012 Lumpectomy (Left)Surgery 10/12/2012 Mastectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Left)Surgery 10/12/2012 Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Left)Surgery 02/12/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Left)

Dec 3, 2012 02:10PM whaevah wrote:

5k treadmill yesterday, upperbody light weights, exercise class today

have to ramp up my program to daily and push harder..

body pain/neuropathy from the last Taxol was a big nasty surprise. Still lingering  13 days PFC...and the ONLY relief is exercise.

Have a great week all~

Dx 2/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-Chemotherapy Adriamycin, Cytoxan, Taxol

Dec 3, 2012 05:49PM, edited Dec 3, 2012 05:49PM by badger

Although it had rained and was threatening more, I got out for a nice walk this afternoon.

Logged 5.57 km = 3.46 mi listening to "Bike Tunes" tape from 8/88  Sealed (yes Aug 1988)

Dec 3, 2012 06:50PM, edited Dec 3, 2012 06:56PM by movetomaui

This Post was deleted by movetomaui.
Dx 9/4/2012, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-Surgery 08/29/2012 Lumpectomy (Left)Surgery 10/12/2012 Mastectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Left)Surgery 10/12/2012 Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Left)Surgery 02/12/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Left)

Dec 3, 2012 08:54PM, edited Dec 3, 2012 08:54PM by movetomaui

I'm so bummed ... the treadmill is DOA!  The tread is moving but not up to speed.  Hopefully the hubby can fix it tomorrow.  Trying not to get discouraged ... don't have the money to be buying a new one with the holidays and everything that comes with another surgery in another calendar year.  I might have to move outside but getting home after it is already dark and not having sidewalks in my town makes the simple walk workout dangerous.  Maybe someone in the family has a working one that is just collecting dust.  Making some calls in the morning.

Dec 3, 2012 09:32PM movetomaui wrote:

I am bummed but I am also whining!  When did I become a whiner?  Think I need to put my big girl pants on and start walking ... with the dog and a reflective vest!  I know I'll get used to the weather.  There that's done ... I feel so much better.

Dec 3, 2012 09:33PM jennyrjd wrote:

I did the Firm Calorie Busting Video today. 

Dx 2/2/2012, IDC, Stage IIa, Grade 2, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 03/05/2012 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Right)Surgery 04/16/2012 Mastectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Right); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction: DIEP flap (Both)Chemotherapy 06/04/2012 Cytoxan, TaxotereHormonal Therapy 10/08/2012 FemaraSurgery 11/05/2012 Reconstruction: Nipple reconstruction (Both)

Dec 3, 2012 09:38PM _Ann_ wrote:

Movetomaui, I'll bet you can find a used treadmill pretty easily.  Sux that you don't have sidewalks. 

I did about a 50 minute walk today.  I'm trying to switch up my schedule so I do my exercise first thing (well first thing after coffee) instead of in the evenings.   So far so good!

Finished chemo, lumpectomy, and rads in April 2013. Onward and upward!

Dx 6/15/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 3, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 3, 2012 10:31PM Claire_in_Seattle wrote:

On the topic of reflective clothing.  I wear a cycling shell in Supernova yellow with reflective strips on top of this. You really need this in the low Northern daylight this time of year.  Plus, it keeps the rain out, another important point recently.

The jacket in the atavar photo also is reflective.  So I think worth the investment to be seen.

Just a short walk today on top of my weights/crunches.  On the other hand, my brain got a major workout.

Still feeling the weekend cycling.  A lot more work in the rain and wind. - Claire

Completed all active treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, and radiation). Now on to the rest of my life. So much to celebrate.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIb, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Dec 3, 2012 10:36PM ruthbru wrote:

Walked on the treadmill for an hour & did 15 minutes of random toning.

Move, could you check a sports equipment store that sells 'nearly new' equipment? Or rummage or estate sales? Or, do you have someone you know who is handy? Our treadmill was not working right, and a friend who does lots of home projects came over and looked at it. It needed a new motor (which cost $20 plus shipping) and he put it in for free (we will return the favor sooner or later). You need to be safe, have an exercise plan that fits into your schedule, and if you use a treadmill, you need one that works right or else it is hard on your knees etc.

Dec 3, 2012 11:56PM hbcheryl wrote:

Body Combat class tonight with the wonderful Eduardo woohooooooWink it's been months since I've worked out with him and as always it was amazing.  I'm juggling myself between 3 gyms I had every intention of going to a yoga class as well but I came out of gym 1 drenched in sweat and I had brought a change of clothes to go to gym 2 but I forgot a clean bra so I just came home, after combat don't think I could have done yoga anyway.

Mary have fun tomorrow, I saw online Bo the dog taking the tour and it looked fabulous I'll have to put that on my wish list.  Move does your town have a pennysaver newspaper/magazine cause sometimes you can find people getting rid of things inexpensively there, or like Ruth says maybe it can be repaired.

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIa, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 4, 2012 10:04AM movetomaui wrote:

Thanks for all the advice on the Treadmill and reflective clothing.  My hubby is pretty handy so I've got my fingers crossed.  Either way I'll be walking tonight.  And if he can't fix it I'll be trying to find one - I know that the Treadmill will keep me on track.  I used the Insanity program last winter to stay in shape and really enjoyed it and have been a faithful outside walker/runner during the warmer months.

Thanks again!

Page 439 of 656 (19,660 results)