We are 144,874 members in 73 forums discussing 114,701 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: BC.org Chatters → Topic: Chat Rooms

Topic: Chat Rooms

Forum: BC.org Chatters — Chat room chatters catch up with each other in this special forum when you aren't chatting live!

Posted on: Jul 31, 2011 09:49PM

rochelleanderson wrote:

I've just talked on the chat rooms for the first time (twice) today... everyone was so friendly and welcoming, just wanted to say thanks for being lovely ladies and I think this is an appropriate place to do it. (Although I can not read too quickly apparently, it picked up a lot at night!)

Page 1 of 2 (31 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (31 total)

Aug 16, 2011 08:46PM sandiddstn wrote:

How do you get there?  I have been trying for almost a year now and everytime I try it want let me.. I know I have chemo brain and all but jezzzz can it be that hard...Maybe some one can walk this dummy through it LOL...Please help!!!

Dx 4/12/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 2, 7/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 16, 2011 10:08PM, edited Sep 4, 2011 04:16AM by Moderators

Hi sandiddstn:

From here, you can click on the link at the very top of the middle of the page to go to Chat Rooms. Or go straight from this link to join the rooms.

When you get there, enter your Breastcancer.org ID and password in the fields, just as you do to get to the forums. 

The chat rooms use Java technology, so be sure to have the most up to date version of Java enabled in your browser.

Judith and the Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Aug 26, 2011 09:03PM DFW wrote:

The chat is most active after 9:00 pm. It is empty many times during the day.

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.

Sep 4, 2011 03:57AM Just-Joan wrote:

How do you get into the chat rooms?  (I'm not even sure how I got here.)  I'm signed in, just can't figure out how to get there.

Dx 12/21/2010, IDC, 2cm, 6/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Sep 4, 2011 04:16AM Moderators wrote:

Just-Joan, go to this link to join the chat rooms (or through the Chat Rooms link you'll see in the navigation menu at the very top of this page).

You'll need to have Java enabled, and the rooms tend to be most active during US evenings. Right now, for example, there's no one chatting. 

Judith and the Mods

Sep 10, 2011 09:06AM flash wrote:

sometimes if you go in and sit with computer on chat for about 15 minutes, someone will pop in.  the problem is just being the first. So, pull up a book, put the chime enabled for someone entering the chat room and then wait.

multifocal multicentric IDC, DCIS, pagets et al. - er+,pr+ her2+++, mast,chemo, ooph, hyst

Dx 10/10/2007, Paget's, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Nov 24, 2011 08:23PM Nicole55 wrote:

I'am not able to log in the chat rooms, my computer don't let me ... Maybe I have some security I don't know...

Nicole

Dx 11/30/2011, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/0 nodes

Nov 30, 2011 03:10AM flash wrote:

Nicole do you have a recent java plug in?  the chat room entry is very sensitive to which java you have.

multifocal multicentric IDC, DCIS, pagets et al. - er+,pr+ her2+++, mast,chemo, ooph, hyst

Dx 10/10/2007, Paget's, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Nov 30, 2011 03:21AM SheChirple wrote:

You also have to remove pop up blocker for this site.  The room is very active from about 5-10 pm PST.

A smile is the most beautiful curve on a woman's body.

Dx 10/14/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 11/28/2011 Mastectomy (Both); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Surgery 07/23/2012 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Surgery 08/14/2012 Reconstruction (Right)Surgery 05/24/2013 Reconstruction: DIEP flap (Both)

Oct 17, 2012 10:37PM scmagill wrote:

I am searching for live chat rooms, cannot find them...

Oct 18, 2012 01:22AM Moderators wrote:

scmagill, go to this link to join the chat rooms (or through the Community menu you'll see at the top right of any page on the main Breastcancer.org site).

You'll need to have Java enabled, and the rooms tend to be most active during the US evenings. Right now, for example, there's no one chatting.

We know that, because chat uses a Java applet, iPads and some other mobile devices can't access chat, and that it can be tempermental with some browsers.

• The Mods

Oct 28, 2012 11:32PM nancyc wrote:

I've been a chatter since '04. I've got updated Java, and when I now go to the chat page, there is no sign in bar. I just get the "need to register"? message. I've seen chatters posting on FaceBook that they've been unable to get into the room for quite a while now. What is going on?

Oct 29, 2012 12:32AM, edited Oct 29, 2012 01:01AM by Moderators

Nancy, to help us troubleshoot, could you post or PM with your technical details? What type of computer or other device you're using, your browser and its version?

Also, the fields to enter name and password were recently moved from near the top of the page to the bottom.

We're sorry for the troubles members are finding when trying to get to chat!

• The Mods

Nov 30, 2012 12:06AM, edited Nov 30, 2012 12:07AM by keithw

Guys - we need ONE SIMPLE LINK to the actual login page. As is, we get an endless info loop from page to page. Give us one LINK to the login please.

Clear your caches - there ain't no login I can find in the link your provided.

Love of my life DX'd Stage IV MBC Sept 13, 2012 - ER+, PR = "Focally positive for PR (30%,2+)" , HER2-, Met in L3 lumbar (removed), lymph node under left arm involved, left breast source. Radiation of spine, Xgeva, Anastrozole.

Nov 30, 2012 08:10PM, edited Nov 30, 2012 08:13PM by djls

To get into chat:

1.  Click on the link that the moderators provided or the Chat Rooms link on the left side of your screen near the top of this page.

2. scroll down to the bottom of the page.

3. enter your login name and your password.

4.  click Enter Chat Rooms (this will open a small breastcancer.org Chat Room window....it is a java app, so you need to have java.  I think this means that you can't access the chat room with a ipad, ipod etc.)

5.  Click on Treatment and Beyond.  The other room, Staying Connected, is only used for special gatherings.  Your login name will be automatically entered.  You do not need to enter anything in the Profile line.  If there are people in the room, they will show up in frame on the right side. 

6.  Click on Enter Room.  This will open a second window called Treatment and Beyond.  Do not close any other windows.  If you close the first login page or the breastcancer.org Chat Room window, it will close you out of the chat room. 

If you are in the chat room and you get disconnected, you may have problems getting into the chat room again because your "ghost" is still in the room and won't let you in.  To get around this problem, capitalize the first letter of your login name on the first login page at www.breastcancer.org/community... and follow the above instructions to get in again.  When you get to step 6, Enter Room, your "ghost" and your capitalized login name will both be in the chat room at the same time.  Eventually, your "ghost" will drop out.

I hope this helps!

Dx 3/9/2011, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIb, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 1, 2012 01:14AM Moderators wrote:

djs, thank you for the detailed instructions!

keithw, there is also a direct link to Chat from the blue menu on every page of the discussion boards.

If you're using a computer (we know that there are problems accessing Chat from tablets and phones), you can test if Java is set up on your computer to allow you connect, by going to this link.

• The Mods

Dec 1, 2012 01:49AM Mazy1959 wrote:

DJ, Very well explained. You are so good at this stuff. Hugs, Mazy

Bone marrow mets in 90% of bone marrow.

Dx 3/6/2003, ILC, 3cm, Stage IIb, Grade 2, 2/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Dx 12/19/2006, ILC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-Dx 4/25/2012, ILC, Stage IV, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-Dx 8/4/2012, ILC, Stage IV, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-Chemotherapy 08/09/2012 Abraxane

Dec 1, 2012 05:48PM, edited Dec 1, 2012 05:59PM by keithw

Mods and DJ - I just used Internet Explorer and the login showed up. Check to see if your login script etc is FireFox compatible - that's my normal web browser and it don't show up in FF.

Thats FireFox ver 12.0

Saw the login, and java piped right up with the chatroom as soon as I logged in with IE.

Love of my life DX'd Stage IV MBC Sept 13, 2012 - ER+, PR = "Focally positive for PR (30%,2+)" , HER2-, Met in L3 lumbar (removed), lymph node under left arm involved, left breast source. Radiation of spine, Xgeva, Anastrozole.

Dec 1, 2012 05:49PM, edited Dec 1, 2012 05:59PM by keithw

This Post was deleted by keithw.

Dec 1, 2012 06:03PM keithw wrote:

Another question: is there an IRC chatroom? I've always found IRC clients easier to use than web-based because of net splits and time outs.

Dec 1, 2012 06:23PM Moderators wrote:

keith, no, we don't have an IRC at Breastcancer.org. We're glad to see that you have been able to connect.

Dec 1, 2012 07:32PM djls wrote:

Keith,

I use firefox 16.0.2.  Firefox has disabled my java periodically because of incompatabilities.  I reinstall java when it does that.  I'm also using an older version of java (vs 6, update 31) because updates have not been successful.

I'm glad you were able to connect using Internet Explorer.  Most of the chatters come in around 9:00 pm eastern standard time.

Dx 3/9/2011, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIb, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 1, 2012 08:01PM keithw wrote:

One last thing. My java is enabled and I am able to connect with other web-based chat via FF. The main thing is the option was not even showing up - no login form on the page at all.

Dec 1, 2012 11:11PM Moderators wrote:

keith, we do understand, and our tech team members are aware that some browsers/versions are incompatible with the chat software used on the site (I have the same problem with Firefox).

Dec 8, 2012 03:52PM keithw wrote:

I'm a programmer myself, so just trying to give you data you could use, no criticism intended. Much appreciation for all you good folks do, and my thanks!

Apr 13, 2013 07:12PM dandihunt wrote:

Hi I had my first infusion for breast cancer Friday woke this morning with low grade fever and chills is this common? Thanks dandihunt

Apr 13, 2013 07:37PM Moderators wrote:

dandihunt, you can connect with others at your stage of treatment on the April 2013 Chemo Group thread. Just click the link to straight there.

• The Mods

Apr 16, 2013 05:20PM Society wrote:

Hello everyone! How is everyone doing? I have a question, my former doctor always told me that if someone has breast cancer the lump you feel is not painful, it's just small and hard. But when I research info online about Breast Cancer it says that some lumps are very painful and hard. So my question is, have any of you that are survivors of Breast Cancer or any other cancer had any painful lumps?  

Apr 16, 2013 07:47PM Moderators wrote:

Hello, Society, and welcome to Breastcancer.org.

To reach more members who can answer your question, you may want to ask in the Not Diagnosed but Worried forum, or add your question to the active thread called Was Your Breast Lump Painful? You can also read more about the Symptoms of Breast Cancer in this article from the main Breastcancer.org site. It describes the variety of lumps that all need to be checked.

Best wishes,

• The Mods

Oct 14, 2013 09:09AM marieann1020 wrote:

hi, is there such thing as a live chat room?

Page 1 of 2 (31 results)