We are 144,817 members in 73 forums discussing 114,661 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Waiting for Test Results → Topic: Bleeding after needle biopsy.

Topic: Bleeding after needle biopsy.

Forum: Waiting for Test Results — Biopsy, mammogram, CAT scan, PET scan, ultrasound, or other tests.

Posted on: Aug 14, 2008 09:24PM

HoosierMommy47 wrote:

Hello everyone! I had a quick question. Today I had a stereotactic biopsy. Biopsy went well... they obained good samples. However they kept me six hours at the hospital due to prolonged bleeding of the incision site. Despite compressions, ice, and wrapping, I am still bleeding enough to seep through about a half an inch of gauze every several hours. Doc said if I'm still bleeding tomorrow, she may have to open up the site and try to cauterize the blood vessel that is causing the problem. Has anyone had a similiar experience? Just a little worried. Thanks for any advice!

Amanda

Posts 1 (1 total)

Aug 15, 2008 12:13PM leaf wrote:

They had to compress me for 2 hours after one of my biopsies.  I had to work that night (I work the graveyard shift.)  They told me the only thing they can do is to compress the site.  They said if I start bleeding again as bad as I was before (I was dripping maybe a drop every 5 seconds through the biopsy) that I should go to the emergency room.

If you are in doubt, get it checked out. I'd call the doc and ask.

If you're going through hell, keep going-Winston Churchill

Dx 12/8/2005, LCIS, Stage 0, ER+/PR-Hormonal Therapy 07/15/2006 Tamoxifen