We are 144,882 members in 73 forums discussing 114,705 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Waiting for Test Results → Topic: Waiting for biopsy results and scared

Topic: Waiting for biopsy results and scared

Forum: Waiting for Test Results — Biopsy, mammogram, CAT scan, PET scan, ultrasound, or other tests.

Posted on: Oct 28, 2008 07:59PM, edited Oct 28, 2008 07:59PM by Sammy-Jo

Sammy-Jo wrote:

I am 41 and waiting for my biopsy results.  I had a mamogram and ultrasound. I was told I have a 2.5 to 3 cm lump in my right breast.  It has irregular edges.  They already have me schedualed for surgery in 3 week before the biopsy was even done.  I get my results on Thursday and I can't stop feeling scared.   I'm not sure why they have decided I need surgery before the biopsy.  Can someone talk me through this.  I have two little kids and I want to see them grow.  Everytime I get to be in private I am crying.  I have never been this scared.

Sammy-Jo

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Oct 29, 2008 07:54AM Member_of_the_Club wrote:

First, you don't know -- which is tough, but it also means you can hope it isn't cancer.  But even if it is, this has become a highly treatable disease.  Four years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  My tumor was 2.9 cm and I also had two young children -- I was 42 years old.  I am now healthy and strong and watching my kids grow.  You will too.  Hang in there.

Dx 9/30/2004, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIb, Grade 2, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 29, 2008 08:16AM wishiwere wrote:

Hang in there Sammy-Jo.  It's the hardest part, waiting and not knowing. 80% of lumps are B9, so hold that thought. And as MOTC states, treatments are much more 'doable' as we say and cancer is much more survivable!  Prayers it's B9 and that surgery can be cancelled! :D

wishiwere~ Path read stage 1C- 1st Primary was IDC w/DCIS 1.4 cm, ER/PR+ & HER2-

Dx 9/21/2007, ILC, 1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 2, 2008 05:58PM Sammy-Jo wrote:

The biopsy came back B9.  Yaaaaa.  The biopsy came back as Nodular adenosis which is  benign.   To be 100% sure they are still going to operate and take a core  tissue sample.  I thought I thought my biopsy was a core tissue sample.  The surgen said he is only 85% sure it is benign with out this operation so I booked it for November 10th   He said if anything bad is found it will be very treatable.  I'm still a little on edge but way way way less worried.  It no longer consumes me. 

Thanks to the two ladies who offered me support (wishiwere and member-of-the-club).  Your words helped me get through the worst time I have ever had to deal with. 

Sammy-Jo

Nov 2, 2008 06:14PM dbw27 wrote:

I am sooooooooooooooo glad that it was benign.  I just looked up nodular adenosis.  I am so happy for you.

<>I hope mine is benign too.

<><>I agree that the women on here seem very caring and supportive. It is amazing.  I am so happy to have found this site to help get me through this. It is a blessing from God.

<>God bless,

<>dbw 

1 John 3:1

Nov 10, 2008 10:57PM Hindsfeet wrote:

Your results are encouraging...especially since your doctor thought the worse. I had a biopsy today. The radiation doctor and the oncologist gave me great concerned..telling me it's most likely cancer, because I had a lumpectomy last year, grade 3 but stage 0 and it had grown fast. I asked them if everyone who had callifications had a biopsy. They said no..only those who callifications that were irriguliar. Even then not everyone has cancer.
Since they were wrong with you, I hope they are wrong in my case. Meanwhile you wait for the hopefully good news.

Nov 12, 2008 08:12AM Sammy-Jo wrote:

On November 10th They did a lumpectomy.  I guess that is what the doctor ment by a core biopsy.  Today I go to get the bandages off and I think I get my results.  Hoping for the best I will let everyone know how it goes.  My boob is not in pain just a little.  I stoped taking the pain medication, it makes me feel too sleepy.   

Barry and dbw127 I'm glad my story helped you both.  I will pray for you.  Please tell me when you find out.  I pray we all get B9's!!!!

Nov 27, 2008 07:09AM Sammy-Jo wrote:

I am B9  100% I just got the results.  Thank you for all your support.  I pray B9's for all of you.   Good luck to everyone.