We are 144,884 members in 73 forums discussing 114,706 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Waiting for Test Results → Topic: Hemorrhagic cyst??

Topic: Hemorrhagic cyst??

Forum: Waiting for Test Results — Biopsy, mammogram, CAT scan, PET scan, ultrasound, or other tests.

Posted on: Feb 10, 2010 11:56PM

mom2daughters wrote:

Dx with IDC/DCIS in Jan of 08, had left mast, and chemo.  Went for my yearly MRI last week and rec'd a call that they wanted to follow-up with a closer look and ordered an US.  Went for the US Tuesday and the Dr. found a "hemorrahagic cyst".I am scheduled for a FNA (ossible biopsy if needed )on Monday.    Is this anything to worry about?  The Rad. showed me the cyst on the screen, it has grown alightly since last US 6 months ago 9mm to 12x13 mm now.  Any help/info appreciated.   

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Feb 11, 2010 10:57AM mom2daughters wrote:

anyone?

Feb 11, 2010 11:54AM horsewing wrote:

I'm not much help but I can tell you that hemorrhagic cysts are considered complex cysts. Docs like to test complex cysts because there is a possibility of malignancy-I understand it to be very low though. Your doc is going to be extra cautious with you because of your history and test anything that is out of the ordinary. I'm sure that there will be someone along who can give you more info and correct me if I'm wrong. Best wishes for B9.

"Be still and know I am God" Psalm 46:10 Excisional on 2/24 now waiting for results..............

Feb 11, 2010 04:16PM mom2daughters wrote:

Thanks so much "horsewing", I am thinking good thoughts and trynig to put it out of my head.  Just hate going through this whole thing again - a person could drive themselves crazy with worry. Thanks for taking the time to answer -

Feb 15, 2010 09:24PM alligans wrote:

Well, I'm not sure how much help I will be with this but here goes...

I have one of those on my ovary.  I have no idea what it means in terms of the breast but since the name is the same it means that there is blood in the cyst, thus it's a complex cyst.  In terms of the ovaries, these aren't considered the really worrysome complex ovarian cysts as the blood is coming from a tiny vessel within the cyst rupturing.  Instead of the cyst looked like a big black circle, it has more of a gray shading in some areas which is the blood or blood clots.  The last time I had one, exactly 1 year ago it went away on its own within 6 months.  I have a new one on the other ovary that just like the one of the left ovary will be monitored every 6 months to make sure it's not getting bigger or posing a danger to my health (if one of these ruptures it can cause horrible pain in the stomach).  Now, keep in mind that this is my ovary, not my breast, but your doctor is probably seeing a similar image but in your breast.  Sorry I can't be of more help.