We are 144,998 members in 73 forums discussing 114,816 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Waiting for Test Results → Topic: Biopsy - Clip inserted??

Topic: Biopsy - Clip inserted??

Forum: Waiting for Test Results — Biopsy, mammogram, CAT scan, PET scan, ultrasound, or other tests.

Posted on: Apr 26, 2011 11:46AM

Missy8331 wrote:

So, I am 30 years old and having my first Biopsy on Thursday and am beyond nervous! My doctor found a lump in my breast about a month ago and I went to the hopsital and had an ultrasound done and the recommend I get a biopsy next.  I know some people who have had ultrasounds and their DR were able to rule out cancer and they did not have a biopsy.  So obviously I am alarmed!

The DR mentioned they would be doing a ultrasound guided needle biopsy and that they were going to insert a chip/clip into the lump.  I was so nervous during this time that I walked out of the office and realized I forgot the majority of the information they told me!! LOL

Curious if anyone has any advise on the purpose of the clip? I was sure the DR would rule out anything after the ultrasound so am worried sick that I have to have a biopsy!!! Yuck! Foot in mouth

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Apr 26, 2011 11:52AM ATeamNana wrote:

My biopsy was done and they inserted the clip....they determined it was triple negative cancer and immediately put me in chemo which TOTALLY wiped out the cancer...they then did surgery after the chemo and the clip let them know where the cancer HAD BEEN so they removed that area and I got clear margins and NO lymph node involvement, then radiation. That was over a year ago and I've received clear mamos since then so if it is what I had ....that is the reason for the clip.   Obviously there are several different types of diagnosis...etc. so this just my experience.    Hope that helps some.

I'm doing great now so they have come a long ways in treatments and such and I will be praying yours is benign and no more treatment necessary!

4 AC Chemo 12 Taxol - Lumpectomy Jan. 2010- Followed by 35 Radiation Treatments.. Diagnosis: 8/7/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage II, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Apr 26, 2011 11:54AM Missy8331 wrote:

So glad to hear you are Cancer free now!!!! Thanks for the info. Cool

Apr 26, 2011 11:59AM sagina wrote:

MIssy I think it is standard practice when getting a biopsy to get a clip, that way when they find out that you don't have cancer, they have the clip letting all the techs and doc's know that the lump has been biospied and cleared.  Many people choose to have the lumps out no matter the outcome, it's your choice.  Good luck, and don't panic!

Gina

Dx 10/13/2010, IDC, 4cm, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-Chemotherapy 11/02/2010 Adriamycin, TaxotereSurgery 03/15/2011 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Right)Radiation Therapy 04/19/2011 External