We are 144,814 members in 73 forums discussing 114,655 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: DCIS (Ductal Carcinoma In Situ) → Topic: dcis with no lymph node removal

Topic: dcis with no lymph node removal

Forum: DCIS (Ductal Carcinoma In Situ) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for DCIS.

Posted on: Oct 23, 2008 08:55PM

Keta wrote:

i had a mascetomy 12/19/07 diagnosed with DCIS and the surgeon told me no reason to check lymph nodes but now i had a ct scan and it shows a 1.4 cm lymph node that is suspicios any body had this happen to them.

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Oct 23, 2008 09:10PM Keta wrote:

has anybody had this happen to them

Oct 23, 2008 09:26PM, edited Oct 23, 2008 09:30PM by LUVmy2girlZ

Keta ~

With DCIS it is extremely uncommon to have cancer w/ in the lymph nodes. 

Though I am surprised you didn't have the  SNB ( Sentinel-node-biopsy ) just to "rule out"...as my breast surgeon told me...even though I am having a SNB ( I had a "suspicious" lymph node to begin with ) my surgeon said, I would be the FIRST if it were cancer w/ DCIS in his 37 years of experience. 

Your lymph node may be reactive to nature...you could still have an axillary lymph node disection just to rule out...

I think I would be more worried if the path initially had dictated some kind of invasion...speak to your BS regarding your lymph node...perhaps they can give you another MRI and make certain it was reactive in nature.

BEST of luck Keta...try not to position yourself too ahead.

Much LUV

BRCA 1 & 2 neg. mx- 7 wks rads (35 rounds) LIVE LAUGH LUV...

Dx 11/19/2007, DCIS, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-

Oct 24, 2008 05:41PM roseg wrote:

It sometimes happens but it's not at all common.

Did I read elsewhere that you have bc in the other breast?  It seems like you are a gal who has a lot of unusual things happen to her. 

Rose

Oct 24, 2008 06:48PM TheQu33n wrote:

Keta, it could very well be that your lymph node is just swollen due to all the invasive diagnostics your body has been through to this point. In fact that a very common scenario. I just looked at my path reports and my largest node was 2.3 x 1.2 cm. I only mention that because it lit up with both mri and ct so I was curious. It too was suspicious but was removed at mastectomy time and was B9. The poor little thing had been through so much over the course of time to final surgery that it just porked out.

If you're really concerned, talk to your Dr. and ask about having a needle biospy. It can be done. If I could, I would avoid lymph node removal if possible. 

Wishing you the very best and hoping that you get resolution quickly -k

Oct 25, 2008 08:32PM Keta wrote:

yes i now have it in my right breast and am having a mascetomy nov. 11,2008.