We are 144,765 members in 73 forums discussing 114,531 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Chemotherapy - Before, During and After → Topic: Low body temperature?

Topic: Low body temperature?

Forum: Chemotherapy - Before, During and After — Regimens, side effects, and support from others going through chemo.

Posted on: Mar 31, 2011 10:57AM, edited Mar 31, 2011 11:45AM by InTwoPlaces

InTwoPlaces wrote:

This Post was deleted by InTwoPlaces.

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Mar 31, 2011 11:47AM thefuzzylemon wrote:

Hello - My average core temp is 97.5 (my mother's is the same average).  Two days ago, I went down and hovered around 94 degrees ... this can be caused by an infection or from being idle (your core temp is reduced when you sleep).  There is also a disease that can cause low body temp but I don't think it's very common ...

I would make sure your doc is aware of it ... my doc lowered the "emergency room temp" for me because of my normal temp being under average.

The Fuzzy Lemon (including all her personalities)

Dx 1/20/2011, 2cm, Stage IIIc, Grade 3, 14/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 31, 2011 12:08PM dlb823 wrote:

InTwoPlaces ~ Since you've deleted your post, I don't know the situation that prompted your question.  But many of us have learned here that there seems to be a connection between low thyroid and bc, and a lower than normal body temp is one of the signs of low thyroid.  Just thought I'd mention this in case it's something you or the fuzzylemon haven't heard about and may want to explore.   There's lots more information on a thread here called something like "Iodine, thyroid & breast cancer," if you're interested.   Deanna

"The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" Native American proverb

Dx 2/1/2008, 1cm, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Dx 1/3/2014, Stage IV

Mar 31, 2011 12:21PM thefuzzylemon wrote:

Thank you Deanna .... I am interested in checking that out!

The Fuzzy Lemon (including all her personalities)

Dx 1/20/2011, 2cm, Stage IIIc, Grade 3, 14/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-