We are 145,001 members in 73 forums discussing 114,821 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Chemotherapy - Before, During and After → Topic: Hair Loss-eyelashes

Topic: Hair Loss-eyelashes

Forum: Chemotherapy - Before, During and After — Regimens, side effects, and support from others going through chemo.

Posted on: Mar 28, 2012 12:53PM

C-squared wrote:

Has anyone ever tryed products like "Revitalash"? (developed by an eye doctor whose wife lost her eyelashes to chemo).  Did it work?  I'm starting AC in a few weeks and fearful of losing my eyelashes and eyebrows!  I've been through Taxol so have already lost hair on my head.  Thanks to all for your reviews.

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Mar 28, 2012 01:12PM Shanagirl wrote:

scarybrca  I was on AC and Taxol,  I had lost my hair going into the second treatment of Adrimycin. My daughter buzzed by head for me when it began happening and it made the whole thing a little more psychlogically easier.  The eyelashes and eybrows diappeared completely too. but only after a few weeks into chemo. I used black eyeliner on by lasheless eyes and a blonde brow pencil.  It all came back after chemo ended. But I feel my lashes and brows are not the same.  I've never tried revitalash, just use mascara.  My hair is now it's usual shoulderlength blonede again, and still fairly thick.  All the best to you in this journey.

Barb

Shanagirl

Dx 1/13/2009, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 1, 2/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Chemotherapy Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxolHormonal Therapy Aromasin

Mar 28, 2012 01:36PM scrapmom40 wrote:

I had AC treatment (Adriamycin and Cytoxan (sp??) and I lost the hair on my head, but did not lose my eyebrows or my eyelashes.  I lost pretty much all the hair on my body except for those 2 places.  I assume it had something to do with maybe they don't grow at a rapid pace like the hair on your head does, or your legs, etc. 

Hopefully you won't lose your eyebrows and eyelashes either.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  Good luck with your treatment.

Karen

Karen

Dx 1/31/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-