We are 144,805 members in 73 forums discussing 114,646 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Chemotherapy - Before, During and After → Topic: Swollen ankle

Topic: Swollen ankle

Forum: Chemotherapy - Before, During and After — Regimens, side effects, and support from others going through chemo.

Posted on: Jul 16, 2012 04:00AM

30DEBBIE wrote:

Around two weeks after carboplatium iand doxetaxol I develope a swollen right ankle during the days, in the morning when I wake up the swelling is almost all gone. My mastectomy 7 years ago was on the same side. I had the Doppler test and there is no blood clot. The doctor does not seem t o be cocerned. I wonder if I do not drain on that side. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do so this does not happen? I tried a chiropractor for kinesiology but I didnot see a difference. I keep my foot elevated when I sit. It's easiers to do when I home and not at work. Does anyone have any ideas? It scares me. I m basically scared of everything , even my port scares me. I want the swollen foot to disappear and never come back after treatment. I have even tried flip flops everyday so nothing could be tight around my foot. Can anyone offer suggestions? I know I also have questions and anxiety and sadness but I need suggestions ! I hope you will read this . I need support to help my ankle and not be nervous and loose sleep over this. Thanks.