We are 144,874 members in 73 forums discussing 114,700 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Chemotherapy - Before, During and After → Topic: Sept 2012 chemo

Topic: Sept 2012 chemo

Forum: Chemotherapy - Before, During and After — Regimens, side effects, and support from others going through chemo.

Posted on: Aug 17, 2012 08:54AM

amylovesbubby wrote:

Trying this again :) looking for others to share the journey! I start 8/30. A/C ×4. Taxotere× 4.

Page 87 of 163 (4,862 results)

Posts 2581 - 2610 (4,862 total)

Nov 29, 2012 06:30PM patriciahurtado wrote:

Whenlife...i know that you will do fine ...i would take my nauses med after 4 hours off BGC ...i didnt have any side effects...just the the Neulasta shot ...like Amy said ...my lower back did hurt after 5 days...it got better after the third  chemo!!!...hang in there.....eat small portion of breakfast before you go....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.....I'm a WARRIOR!!!!

Dx 8/6/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIb, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+Hormonal Therapy FaslodexTargeted Therapy 09/05/2012 HerceptinChemotherapy 09/10/2012 Ellence, fluorouracil, TaxolChemotherapy 09/15/2012 Cytoxan, Ellence, fluorouracil, TaxolChemotherapy 09/19/2012 Cytoxan, Ellence, fluorouracilSurgery 03/26/2013 Mastectomy (Both); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Radiation Therapy 07/16/2013 External

Nov 29, 2012 06:37PM Cherioo wrote:

Need help what to take for this pain in my mouth I can't eat anything
Have chemo tomorrow yuck !!!!

Dx 7/28/2012, DCIS, 5cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 2, 7/14 nodes, ER+, HER2+Surgery 08/02/2012 Mastectomy (Right)Chemotherapy 09/06/2012 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, Taxol

Nov 29, 2012 06:53PM Timbek2 wrote:

When life....You can do it!  It is hard and I won't lie.  i also got the shot each round.  I received mine every two weeks.  I felt ok Days 1 and 2.  Tiring by days 3 and 4.  Days 5,6,7 could be rough and then I started feeling better each day usually.  Each cycle was a bit different with #3 being my tiredest and toughest overall.  I never vomited during the AC. I had zofran and steroids on days 2 and 3.  I would take my ativan to help with nausea and if that didn't cut it then I would do zofran.  The fatigue was the worst for me but I never had bone pain.  The constipation was the worst for me and I just had to take daily softeners and watch what I was eating.  I would snack on bran cereal too.  Hang in there.  You are on the downhill!!!!

becki :)

Wife to one supportive husband, Mom to 3 great kids, 14, 11, 8. Believing in Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Dx 7/3/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 3, 6/25 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 08/06/2012 Mastectomy (Both); Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Chemotherapy 09/20/2012 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, Taxol

Nov 29, 2012 08:24PM Mariposa123 wrote:

Cherioo:  Do you have a prescription for Nystatin?  The first round I had the worst mouth sores- the doctor gave me the prescription for Nystatin and it went away within a couple of days.  I also did the "magic mouthwash" thing that helped.  Every round since then, I start gargling and swallowing with the Nystatin once a day for about 10 days after chemo - and I haven't had it again (knock on wood)  I know how horrible that feels.  Hope you are feeling better super fast.  I also sucked on ice cubes during all subsequent infusions.

Whenlife:  I haven't had AC, but just wanted to wish you lots of luck.  I think the puppy sounds like a great way to keep your mind off of things.  I know that if it weren't for my three year old and six year old, I would have gotten so depressed... and although they are lots of work, I sometimes need them to motivate me to get my butt out of bed and engage with the world.  And sometimes, that is exactly what I need to feel better:-)  Post some pics of the puppy!  I think you are going to do great!  I did the claritin for the bone pain associated with the neulasta.  I still had some pain, but it was bearable.

breastcancerartandme.blogspot.com

Dx 8/3/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+Hormonal Therapy TamoxifenChemotherapy 09/18/2012 carboplatin, TaxotereTargeted Therapy 09/18/2012 HerceptinSurgery 02/26/2013 Mastectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal (Left); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)

Nov 29, 2012 08:37PM jojo2373 wrote:

Whenlife - take your meds! Don't wait to feel bad and eat on schedule. I felt bad for 3 or 4 days then each time came out of it. Use the Ativan, it will help. Watch for constipation, it got me but colace helped. I will pray you have less SE's than most.

Once you choose hope, anything's possible. ~Christopher Reeve

Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIb, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-Chemotherapy 08/31/2012 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxolSurgery 01/07/2013 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Left)Radiation Therapy 02/04/2013 ExternalHormonal Therapy 04/08/2013 Tamoxifen

Nov 29, 2012 08:39PM jojo2373 wrote:

Cherioo, did u call MO? The nystatin that mariposa said really helps.

Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIb, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-Chemotherapy 08/31/2012 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxolSurgery 01/07/2013 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Left)Radiation Therapy 02/04/2013 ExternalHormonal Therapy 04/08/2013 Tamoxifen

Nov 29, 2012 10:07PM SandeeAR wrote:

Whenlifegives.......  I had 4 doses of A/C, last one on November 5th.   I had mine on Monday, immediately started on my Ativan (nausea med).  Took it regularly for the first week. My WBC always dropped low, so I got Luekine shots on Wed, Thurs, Friday, Sat and Monday.  I had more side effects from the shots, than the Chemo.  By Thursday night, I was on the couch.  Friday and Sat, my DH was pulling me up off the couch, bc I couldn't get up on my own.  I would still throw up Friday and Sat.  He would have to pull me up off the floor and help me walk back to the couch. 

By Monday I was feeling some better.Warning:  Each session builds on the previous one.  I felt at little worse each time.  I'm thankful at 53, I did not have kids or a dog to take care of.

DISCLAIMER:  I have several other health issues that may have played a part in my being knocked down so hard.  I have had Type II diabetes for 20 years, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesteral, Gastic Reflux and Artheritis.

Nov 29, 2012 10:56PM Cherioo wrote:

Mariposa and jojo thank you . I will ask tomorrow morning when I am at chemo

Dx 7/28/2012, DCIS, 5cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 2, 7/14 nodes, ER+, HER2+Surgery 08/02/2012 Mastectomy (Right)Chemotherapy 09/06/2012 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, Taxol

Nov 30, 2012 01:56AM marianelizabeth wrote:

whenlifegivesyoulemons, just finished my 4th A/C and as the others say (and I am assuming you have rx for antinausea drugs and the steroids) then you should be fine. I did OK and dose dense so Neupogen shots too which have cause no S/E at all. Taxol next which because it is new, makes me nervous! 

I know we have all pretty much gone through the hair loss, but just wanted to post a link in case you want to  watch a 2 minute video my daughter made just before Halloween when we had a family night for my buzz cut. I did not know she planned to make it into an edited video and was touched when she came over to make us dinner last night and showed it.

http://breastcancereh.blogspot.ca/2012/11/buzz-cut-night-at-leightons.html

SmileMarian

http://breastcancereh.blogspot.ca

Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, ER+/PR+, HER2-Dx 9/21/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 09/07/2012 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Right)Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxolSurgery 03/05/2013 Mastectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Right)Hormonal Therapy 04/29/2013 ArimidexRadiation Therapy 05/07/2013 ExternalSurgery 12/06/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)

Nov 30, 2012 02:42AM EnglishRose75 wrote:

Whenlife: I did FEC, not AC, but the "A" and the "E" are basically the same thing.  I'm not going to tell you that I found it pleasant, but I did find it much easier than the Taxotere, if that's any comfort.  I did not throw up once and at most felt slightly queasy on the afternoon of treatment.  I felt a bit rubbish for days one, two and three, and then better by day four.  I was always able to function.  I had the treatment on Wednesdays and had no problem being back at work by the following Monday.  So, try not to worry.  There are loads of us who have done quite well on it and you probably will too.  And I think getting a new puppy to rip your house apart and distract you from how you might be feeling is a fabulous strategy!

Cindi: I'm really happy to help with the marketing of the book when you get to that point.  I'm sure that there are others in the group who also have expertise in this area, so maybe as part of a group.  I worked for 10 years as a major gift fundraiser for Wellesley College, so I know quite a few wealthy Wellesley women who may be able to open doors and have quite deep pockets themselves, and I also have lots of friends/former colleagues who work for the big Ivy Leagues, who I'm sure would be willing to help getting it in front of the right people.  A very dear friend of mine from Boston who was visiting me last weekend has just finished a two year stint working as Loreen Jobs' personal philanthropic advisor and I'm happy to use the C Card in calling in favours from friends!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain." ~~Vivian Greene

Dx 6/27/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 2/5 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2-Hormonal Therapy TamoxifenSurgery 07/03/2012 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Left)Chemotherapy 08/10/2012 Cytoxan, Ellence, fluorouracil, TaxotereRadiation Therapy 12/01/2012 External

Nov 30, 2012 08:12AM, edited Nov 30, 2012 08:39AM by allurbaddayswillend

whenlife, not sure if anyone else has suggested this yet but give the medical marijuana to the puppy too. problem solved. :::allur brushes off hands and walks away:::  :)  just kidding, sort of.  I wish I could come be there for you. AC is doable. It's unpleasant in the extreme for some of us but not all; it is a test of will for many of us, "Will we finish it or will we not?" and I'm not kidding in that. It was pure will for me to go in and take the 4th AC.  Do not hesitate to to try any and all meds for nausea if you have it, call yr MO if the med's not working. If you can get Med Maryjane, I say go for it. I got plenty of offers from people for illegal but I didn't try it- I'd do it in a legal state in a snap for AC.  Using baby gates or something, cordone off an area for the puppy to mess up so it isnt just running willy nilly or crate train. That puppy may well be a great therapy pup for you on the decent days.Good luck! We are all there with you today!

48 years old, Some glutenfree recipes for celiac disease @ http://disasterkitchen.wordpress.com/

Dx 4/4/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 04/24/2012 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Right)Chemotherapy 06/15/2012 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxolHormonal Therapy 11/28/2012 TamoxifenRadiation Therapy 12/03/2012 External

Nov 30, 2012 11:25AM Mariposa123 wrote:

Good morning!

Marian: Thanks for sharing your video:-)  I thought you looked great with the mohawk!  And you actually have the right kind of face to pull off the buzz cut too:-)  What a nice thing for your daughter to do for you.  I wish I had recorded my hair shearing- but it wasn't full of laughter and fun like yours:-(  Mine was full of emotional Mexican women who enjoy crying quite a bit.

allurbad:  I live in a state where medical MJ is legal- and really have been tring to do without... but this last cycle was so horrible, I have kind of been thinking more seriously about it.  What sucks is you have to go to some weird shady doctor to get your card (seems so odd that I can't get it from my oncologist).  Anyone else thinking about this - or already trying it?  oh- and I don't want the munchies... since right now I eat everything in sight already!

breastcancerartandme.blogspot.com

Dx 8/3/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+Hormonal Therapy TamoxifenChemotherapy 09/18/2012 carboplatin, TaxotereTargeted Therapy 09/18/2012 HerceptinSurgery 02/26/2013 Mastectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal (Left); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)

Nov 30, 2012 11:35AM marianelizabeth wrote:

My family keeps on trying to persaude me to get medical marijuana so they can use it in support! LOL.

Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, ER+/PR+, HER2-Dx 9/21/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 09/07/2012 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Right)Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxolSurgery 03/05/2013 Mastectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Right)Hormonal Therapy 04/29/2013 ArimidexRadiation Therapy 05/07/2013 ExternalSurgery 12/06/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)

Nov 30, 2012 12:04PM Timbek2 wrote:

Marian-  That video rocked!  I buzzed mine into a mohawk at first too but only have a pic.  What a memory!  My kids thought it was hilarious when I showed them.  I don't want this cancer to steal all my joy. The chemo is the part so far,,,,or maybe the hair loss....but trying to make fun memories in the midst of the madness.  I feel so much better on this taxol I could do a dance of joy.  While on AC I honestly had many days where I felt I was close to death.  Not trying to be dramatic, but it felt scary.  My body just felt completely foreign to me and I felt so unwell.  Yesterday I had my third taxol.  Today and I feel relatively normal except I was up on the steroids so maybe I am still on a high from those.  I am so happy to eat normally.  Fatigue still there but not as debilitating!  And still bald and no nose hairs. Asked MO when the nose hairs grow back...thats so annoying!  She said they are the last to return.  Bummer!

I will include a funny elf on shelf pic that I took this past Sunday.  Trying to have fun wearing hats at home.  EMbracing the baldness :)  Praying for all the unwellness here and no Se's for all!  I have 9 more to  go.....We are doing it!  peace love and hugs!

Me n my adorable 10 yr old!!! :)  His Christmas list included no more chemo for mom.  God love him!

iElf on shelf :)

Wife to one supportive husband, Mom to 3 great kids, 14, 11, 8. Believing in Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Dx 7/3/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 3, 6/25 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 08/06/2012 Mastectomy (Both); Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Chemotherapy 09/20/2012 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, Taxol

Nov 30, 2012 12:17PM marianelizabeth wrote:

Timbek2, I agree that video rocked; just wished we had caught my daughter's buzz as she has one side done; she has enough hair to cover it when she wants to. Glad you did get a pic of your mohawk too. I wish I had kept mine just one day but I knew my daughter would not have time to come back the next day and it was falling out fast!

I love the photo of you and your son! And your description of Taxol has cheered me up considerably. Have you had any neuropathy or myopathy? It is the neruopathy that worries me. And how is the night of and the day after. I have my first Taxol on Dec. 11 and then Christmas Eve.

Nov 30, 2012 12:24PM whenlifegivesyoulemons wrote:

Allurbad, Marian, Mariposa, Englishrose, Jojo, Sandee, Timbek, Patricia and Amy - Many thanks for the words of encouragement.  Really, I mean it.  Weird how it just means so much more to be supported by those who've been there.  Off to the chemo lounge.  F@#% it, right?

Also, it occurs to me that the term "red devil" should be banished.  Those sorts of nick names are JUST NOT HELPFUL.  How 'bout Elixir of Life instead?  No...something with Red in it.  Red ... something healing. Needs more work.  

Cancer is so not fun, but I am desperate for some aspect of it to be at least a little entertaining, so it only seems right that medical marijuana should be an option if I so desire.  More to come.  Oh, and there are indeed alll too many times when I think the newly acquired canine destroyer could use a little something to take the edge off (but of course would never do that to a dog - an entertaining suggestion nonetheless).  

I-Spy2 Clinical Trial Participant. Chemo 09/07/2012: 12 wks Taxol & AMG386, followed by Cytoxan & Adriamycin. MX w/TE 02/11/2013.

Dx 7/31/2012, IDC, Stage IIb, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 30, 2012 12:32PM whenlifegivesyoulemons wrote:

Marian,

I have neuropathy in my hands from weekly Taxol.  Became noticeable around treatment 10.  By #12 (last week) my fingernails began to really ache.  They are discolored from about mid-way up the nail.  Buttons and zippers are difficult, and don't even ask me to open a zip lock bag (a good things since some really yummy things are packaged with zip lock).  Typing is uncomfortable.  But, as long as this goes away, or diminishes, I can deal.  I figure it could be worse - I could be barfing instead.  Taxol was otherwise uneventful for me.  No body aches or other issues, and my counts remained good throughout (no shots and whatnot).  You'll do great!  

I-Spy2 Clinical Trial Participant. Chemo 09/07/2012: 12 wks Taxol & AMG386, followed by Cytoxan & Adriamycin. MX w/TE 02/11/2013.

Dx 7/31/2012, IDC, Stage IIb, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 30, 2012 02:07PM, edited Nov 30, 2012 02:13PM by allurbaddayswillend

" Those sorts of nick names are JUST NOT HELPFUL." Agreed. hmm, the Red Healing Elixir of Pain? Personally I think there should be fair warning in the name... the Red Devil of Healing? The Red Devil That Kicks Cancer's Ass?

Almost forgot to post this comic strip link (fair warning, I did cry a little): http://xkcd.com/1141/

48 years old, Some glutenfree recipes for celiac disease @ http://disasterkitchen.wordpress.com/

Dx 4/4/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 04/24/2012 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Right)Chemotherapy 06/15/2012 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxolHormonal Therapy 11/28/2012 TamoxifenRadiation Therapy 12/03/2012 External

Nov 30, 2012 02:58PM Cherioo wrote:

Home from sitting in the big chair. Almost done with this and then it is off to rads. Meet with my radiologist next week . Nervous but ready

Nov 30, 2012 03:17PM damiana9 wrote:

I had chemo #5 on wednesday- only 1 more to go.  Ugh- This stuff definately has a cumulative effect.  I couldn't eat most of yesterday, and very little appetite today as well.  I feel pretty queasy but not throwing up.  I used to have such a 'can do' attitude.  That left after # 4 I think! lol!  Because I do NOT feel energetic or 'can do' about anything right now.   

So glad you all are here to commiserate with.

Dx 6/20/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIb, Grade 2, 3/16 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+Surgery 08/02/2012 Mastectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Right)Chemotherapy 09/05/2012 carboplatin, TaxotereTargeted Therapy 09/05/2012 HerceptinRadiation Therapy 01/31/2013 ExternalSurgery 06/19/2013 Reconstruction: DIEP flap (Right)

Nov 30, 2012 04:04PM Cherioo wrote:

Timbeck2 love the photo

Nov 30, 2012 04:08PM cgesq wrote:

Damiana,

I am right behind you in treatment.  I get my 5th TCH on Weds.  Sorry to hear this one is harder....Just think...you are several days closer to feeling better.  (Reminder to self....think this way next weekend!!!)

As I posted on another thread (and should have posted it here....) my hospital strongly believes in complimentary therapies, and made several healing through guided imagery cds to help women deal with breast cancer.  I have made mp3s out of them and would be happy to email them to all who want them.  I have mp3s for breast surgery, chemo, relaxation and positive thinking.  If you want some or all of them, pm me your email address and I'll send them.  Let me know which ones you want.

Have a great weekend!

Dx 6/14/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+Surgery 07/25/2012 Mastectomy (Both); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement, Latissimus Dorsi flap (Both)Chemotherapy 09/12/2012 carboplatin, TaxotereTargeted Therapy 09/12/2012 HerceptinHormonal Therapy 01/08/2013 TamoxifenSurgery 02/04/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)

Nov 30, 2012 04:19PM Timbek2 wrote:

I would love chemo. Relaxation. Positive thinking! How wonderful. I will pm my email addy. ;).

Glad u like the pic! Does anyone else get really down the day before chemo? I get so grumpy and take it out in poor dh. I can't help myself. I really hate going weekly right now. It just seems like I'm always there. ;(. 9 more times. My mo said I could skip a treatment Christmas to travel or whatever. I asked if I had to make it up at end. She says. Of course I'm here to cure you! So forget that idea. I am not extending this mess one more week. I will suck it up and press on. It's what we do to get cured! I pray none of us has to endure this ever again! That's my goal. Once n done for life!!

For those left with surgery. That should be a piece if cake compared to all this. At least with surgery you are improve each day for the most part. The part I hate most about chemo is that as soon as I feel more like me. Back I go. Just wanting to stay me.

On the upside it's gorgeous out and I went for a lil walk with my pup. Hugs!

Nov 30, 2012 05:02PM Cherioo wrote:

Man, pharmacy just called and said my mouth wash for the sores in my mouth is not covered by my ins and I need to pat 65 because they use some over the counter stuff

Nov 30, 2012 05:38PM Toastiecat wrote:

Hi,

Home from Taxol #11...so close I can taste it! Except not really since I'll be getting herceptin for the next year.

Has anyone had pain/swelling from where their IV was? My wrist is hurting and I have a small bump. Not sure if I should call the on call person or if it's not a big deal.

Hugs everyone!

rtonj.blogspot.com

Dx 7/23/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage Ia, Grade 3, 0/8 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+Dx 7/23/2012, DCIS, 6cm+Surgery 08/02/2012 Mastectomy (Both); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Chemotherapy 09/21/2012 TaxolTargeted Therapy 09/21/2012 HerceptinSurgery 12/17/2012 Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Left)Radiation Therapy 01/02/2013 ExternalSurgery 06/02/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Surgery 07/03/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Left)Surgery 08/03/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Left)

Nov 30, 2012 05:52PM jojo2373 wrote:

Becki, see such love in your pic, thanks for sharing.

Cherioo, blah to insurance not covering.

We are all getting so close to finishing (the worst stuff). It's amazing how far we have come and how we have suffered together. There are great things ahead for us!

Does anyones tumor hurt off and on? Mine has ached for two days and it worries me. Last time it did, it grew.

Nov 30, 2012 08:29PM aic wrote:

Timbek, love the pic. What a sweet boy!

Jojo, mine ached off and on and has disappeared so hopefully yours is just getting its ass kicked now! :)

Dx 8/31/2012, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2+Chemotherapy 09/24/2012 TaxotereTargeted Therapy 09/24/2012 HerceptinTargeted Therapy 09/24/2012 Perjeta

Nov 30, 2012 08:58PM allurbaddayswillend wrote:

Cherioo, If you don't end up with Nystatin, one thing you could do is try the oil mouthwash in the morning, it's really good at killing the yeast trying to grow in there. I just use about a half tablespoon of a good cooking oil - sesame, sunflower, coconut, whatever you like - or during chemo I used sea buckthorn oil, and first thing in the morning, swish it around in your mouth for 10 to 20 minutes. That chokes stuff trying to grow in there; it;s clinically shown to reduce plaque. Then also I add baking soda to my toothbrushing regimen or some folks have good luck with the baking soda mouthwash.

Nov 30, 2012 10:09PM Cherioo wrote:

allurdadday thank you for that advice .

Nov 30, 2012 10:30PM, edited Dec 1, 2012 11:04AM by Hopex3

Timbek: cutest picture of you and your son!

Jojo: my tumor has always throbbed and sometimes in my armpit
As well. However, my doctors and even me are having a hard time finding
It. So I figure, the pain is the tumor writhing away. Kinda like the wicked witch on
The Wizard of Oz.

Had my second taxol today, two more to go and I feel almost normal. Even forgot I had cancer for awhile. I do have the neuropathy...had the nulasta shot and hope it doesn't bring leg pain but I took Claritin this time so we will see if that helps.

Take care everyone!

Erin

Dx 8/28/2012, IDC, Stage II, ER-/PR-, HER2-Chemotherapy 09/20/2012 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxolSurgery 01/24/2013 Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)

Page 87 of 163 (4,862 results)