We are 144,975 members in 73 forums discussing 114,793 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) → Topic: Tender bones - any ideas?

Topic: Tender bones - any ideas?

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Feb 23, 2008 06:12AM

JSM wrote:

I was diagnosed with ILC in May 06, and finished treatment in March 07 - chemo, bilateral mastectomy/reconstruction and radiation. I'm noticing that there is a small tender spot on my chest - its on the side I had the lat flap reconstruction. So I'm having a cancer freak out - could this be a recurrence? Are bone mets tender? Do I go to the oncologist or the surgeon ... or wait a few days. I don't know where to start ... anything anyone can say will be a help.

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Feb 25, 2008 11:16AM shrink wrote:

I would call my onc who would probably order a bone scan.  I know any little thing can create panic.  Hang in there.

Dx 5/23/2007, IBC, 6cm+, Stage IIIc, Grade 3, 21/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 25, 2008 12:10PM LizM wrote:

I wouldn't think feeling a tender spot would suggest bone mets.  It is my understanding that bone mets would be a deep aching painful feeling in the bones.  Is the tender area where you had surgery and did you have rads in the area?  I ask because I have tender pins and needles type pain on my chest right above the breast area where I had rads which is caused by scar tissue.  I have extremely tight pectoral muscles which causes tender soar muscles in the area.   

Dx 9/19/2005, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 1/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 25, 2008 12:35PM Little-G wrote:

I also have a lot of tender areas on my right side.  I will have been out of rads for 2 years in March, but still many SE's.  And you said you also had reconstruction, it could be from that too.  But..get it checked out so you'll have some peace of mind.  Very important to have, however you can get it!!

g

Dx 2005, ILC, 1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 25, 2008 12:49PM badboob67 wrote:

I do have extensive bone mets. The pain is much less a tenderness than it is a burning/stabbing deep in my bones. I did have a mastectomy (no recon) two years ago and occasionally have strange pains on the mast side of my chest. All my scans have been clear in that area.

What you are feeling is most likely NOT due to mets but you should get it checked out; it could be something as simple as scar tissue!

(((HUGS)))
Diane

When you're down to nothing, GOD is up to something! http://bb67.wikispaces.com/

Dx 2/15/2006, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 24/27 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-