We are 144,950 members in 73 forums discussing 114,778 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) → Topic: Mets to gastric lining, omentum?

Topic: Mets to gastric lining, omentum?

Forum: ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for ILC.

Posted on: Sep 13, 2009 11:26AM

sharneu1 wrote:

I am wondering how mets to the gastric lining and omentum are diagnosed. What symptoms are expected if any or is it caught by scans alone? I am experiencing strange sensations in my mid-section...sort of like very vague indigestion. It's not really painful but just worries me.

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Sep 26, 2009 05:35PM kim2005 wrote:

Hi Sharneu1,

I don't have an answer for you but I am also experiencing some strange sensations. Earlier this year I was having a lot of pain and had a CT scan, ultrasound and colonoscopy.  No cancer was seen but they did a biopsy and found I had lymphocytic colitis, a type that is curable.  I took the meds and doctor thought I was cured.

Now, my abdominal region feels tender and I've skipped two perios (I just turned 47).  I don't know if tamoxifen is creating any of these issues. 

I'm scheduled for an ultrasound next week and we'll go from there, I just am not sure how accurate or sensitive some of these tests are, especially in early stages.

Dx 12/9/2005, ILC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 7, 2009 01:17AM hlya wrote:

Hi, Kim,

Tamoxifen would cause uterine problem, nause/diarrhea....how was your U/S result?

Oct 13, 2009 06:38AM Quilter wrote:

I was diagnosed with mets to the gastric lining (principally in the stomach) in 2002.  My only symptom was excessive upper GI gas..  My doctor thought I had lactose intolerace at first.  Eventually the mets was diagnosed through a gastroscopy with biopsies.  The mets did not show in a barium swallow or a PET scan.  Even the gastroenterologist who did the gastroscopy did not suspect mets until the biopsies came back.  He said it looked like acute gastritis.  My original diagnosis was invasive lobular in '98.  In '08 I was diagnosed with mets to the omentum and mesentery.  These showd up in a CT scan.  Hope this info is helpful.  I have been on multiple chemos since '02 but we recently ran out of options.  I am now trying a combo of aromicin and faslodex.  it is good to be off chemp.  Hope to hear from you.  Quilter

Dx 3/3/1998, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, 11/19 nodes, ER+, HER2-

Oct 13, 2009 07:54AM nash wrote:

Hi, Quilter. Welcome to our group. Smile

It's sort of disconcerting that your gasto mets didn't show up on PET--I've heard that before, though. Seems PET scans aren't good at picking up things in the lining. Keep us posted on the hormone therapy and how it works for you.  

Dx June 2007, age 38, Stage IIa 2.7 cm pleomorphic ILC, ER+/PR+ HER2-, CAFx6, rads, Tamox, Zometa, Oncotype 18

Oct 13, 2009 08:54PM, edited Oct 13, 2009 08:56PM by Gitane

Hi, Quilter. Thank you for sharing this helpful information with us. Lobular is rare as you know. I hope the aromasin and faslodex work for you. Please come back.

Dx 8/18/05, Pleomorphic ILC, multifocal, multicentric, G2, 1/9 nodes positive, OncotypeDX 23, ER+ PR- Her2-

Oct 14, 2009 05:01AM sharneu1 wrote:

Hi Quilter

Thanks for sharing your story... it is very helpful!  I hope you have great success with the aromasin and faslodex. I have so many wierd symptoms/side effcts that I just don't know whats worth having checked and what I should just blame on the Tamox. side effects.

Shari

sharneu1

Dx 10/23/2007, ILC, 1cm, Stage IIb, Grade 2, 3/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 20, 2009 09:38PM kim2005 wrote:

Thank you for sharing your story Quilter.  I can only imagine the journey you have been on and the fears as well.  That is the hardest part of cancer is dealing with the fears.  I am seeing my oncologist again tomorrow and am going to push this issue with the mets as I really need to find out.  The CT scan last week came back negative.  The pelvic ultrasound does show a thickened endometrium (18mm) and 4 fibroids but it's hard to suggest that this is causing such intense pain that does not let us for about 4 weeks now.  I really don't know who to see next but think I'll ask my oncologist for a referrral to a GI doctor to biopsy.  This detective work seems like it never ends and feel so alone at times trying to figure it out.  I too have had some upper GI gas, but more inflammation of the abdomen and pressure.  In the old days, pre-cancer, I would have just thought it was some strange bug probably...those were the days :)

Dx 12/9/2005, ILC, 2cm, Stage II, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-