We are 144,860 members in 73 forums discussing 114,688 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment → Topic: Holy Basil/Tulsi

Topic: Holy Basil/Tulsi

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Dec 3, 2012 10:56AM

pip57 wrote:

I have started using a holy basil supplement and tulsi tea. 

Is anyone else out there including it in their regimine?  I first heard about it on Dr Oz and have researched it.  It looks and sounds promising but I don't know anyone else who has any knowledge of it or experience with it.

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Dec 3, 2012 11:33AM, edited Dec 3, 2012 11:35AM by lovujja

I have been drinking a cup of tulsi tea every day since i finished my treatment. I take 1 TSF gooseberry and bettermelon powder every day that i made at home. It is helping  me keep my mood straight and maintain my weight.

Good luck.

You are the one who have the power to heal from the inside out that no conventional medicine can do.

Dec 3, 2012 03:13PM pip57 wrote:

Thanks for responding.  I actually enjoy the tea.  I mix turmeric tea with it sometimes too.  Apparently the tulsi has been around a long time but I have only just discovered it.

PIP - multi focal, FEC100/Tax, rads, dble mast with no recon, ooph/hyst, arimidex

Dx 2/1/2007, IDC, Stage IIIb, Grade 2, 9/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 3, 2012 03:29PM FLwarrior wrote:

Hi Pip, I have had tulsi tea, but it was before bc.  I was looking for a different tea for cold winter days.  I just wasn't crazy about it.  Do you drink it straight or put something in it?  I drink green tea everyday.  I've switched from regular coffee to "Teecino" Herbal coffee.

What are you looking to gain from the tulsi tea?

I have never had turmeric tea. Is it in bags or loose?

FLwarrior

Dx 1/31/2011, ILC, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 4, 2012 04:14AM pip57 wrote:

I am a big green/white tea drinker.  I have a matcha tea every afternoon and drink several loose leaf teas throughout the day.  I take a huge thermos of tea to work too.  

I have turmeric tea both in bags and loose leaf.  I prefer the bags as the loose tea is not really a 'leaf' and hard to strain all of it out of your drink.  I also sprinkle a turmeric/pepper/garlic  spice mixture on my dinner every evening.   

My research on the tulsi shows encouraging results with tumour suppression in breast cancer.  

PIP - multi focal, FEC100/Tax, rads, dble mast with no recon, ooph/hyst, arimidex

Dx 2/1/2007, IDC, Stage IIIb, Grade 2, 9/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-