We are 144,847 members in 73 forums discussing 114,678 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY → Topic: Nexavar with Herceptin (my opinion)

Topic: Nexavar with Herceptin (my opinion)

Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only or those posting on behalf of a Stage IV patient. There is a separate forum for Stage IV Caregivers/Family in "Support and Community Connections".

Posted on: Oct 14, 2007 10:29PM, edited Oct 14, 2007 10:29PM by Bimmer

Bimmer wrote:

We go see the Onc on Tuesday for news from NYC. We are expecting a radical change in her treatment program. I do not really know what to expect but I plan on talking to him about "Ontak". It looks our next quest to me.

It is my opinion that Nexavar (which is a kidney cancer drug) and Herceptin had very little effect on Diane's cancer. It appears to us that her cancer has continued to thrive while she was being treated with this combo of poisons. So, not to say these drugs are no good...

Maybe they work on some people, or some cancers, but they do not seem to have done much for us.

Diane has three or four lumps in the left side of her neck that grew and now seem firmly entrenched there since she began taking this cocktail. I say thumbs down to nexavar and herceptin....Regretfully tho...

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Oct 14, 2007 10:41PM Traci-----TripNeg wrote:

Nexavar didn't work for my dad either.

At all. And, he had kidney cancer. (Well, that's where it started....)

I'm so sorry Bimmer.

Trip Neg BRCA + If I never look behind me, my troubles will be few. Supertramp.

Dx 2/12/2007, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIb, Grade 3, 0/14 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Oct 14, 2007 11:14PM Kasey wrote:

Bimmer,

I don't know what drugs Diane has done, probably a lot.  But I am curious, has she done Xeloda and Tykerb?  Seems like a lot of ladies have had success with it.  I'm on it now but haven't had scans yet so I'm not sure if its working for me.

Hugs,

Kasey

Mets in liver, lungs, bones and chest nodes.

Dx 2/25/2007, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Oct 15, 2007 07:57AM Bimmer wrote:

She's done Xeloda with avastin instead of tykerb.

Bimmer