We are 144,844 members in 73 forums discussing 114,677 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY → Topic: magnesium oil for bone pain...

Topic: magnesium oil for bone pain...

Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only or those posting on behalf of a Stage IV patient. There is a separate forum for Stage IV Caregivers/Family in "Support and Community Connections".

Posted on: Jun 22, 2010 04:05AM

nine_rugrats wrote:

Last night my bones were hurting so bad. My hips, my legs, my ribs in my back and now right in the middle of my chest.  Well, i was thinking about what to do and i have some magnesium oil and decided to rub that on before bed.  Cause people use that for arthritis.  When i woke up today the only pain i had was my chest...kinda behind my breast.  But this was the first time i have gotten up and walked normal since the pain started!  So i am gonna try it again tonight. The dr called me in some lortabs so i will pick them up later too.  But right now i am feeling really good :)

And 4 kids are at camp all week...my 21 and 16 yr olds are at work so its just me and my baby (who is 5) all week.  It is so nice and peaceful.  i know i may sound bad, but i really really needed the break from kids.  Of course i am spending it cleaning and getting laundry done and i need to build and pen for my billy goats.  But at least it is quiet :)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jun 22, 2010 07:59AM sincitydealer wrote:

So glad you're getting a little peace and quiet.  I know you love your kids, but a little break now and then sure helps.  I hope the magnesium works for you and keeps you mostly out of pain.

Jun 22, 2010 11:16AM susan_02143 wrote:

No reason to apologize for enjoying the peace and quiet of only one kid in the house. Camp is one of the greatest inventions known to parents the world over! You get some time without them, and they get to go someplace that is all about kids having fun. Win-Win if you ask me.

*susan* 

... and its back. May 3, 2010 mets found. Three years hanging with NED on Faslodex.

Dx 6/8/2005, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 22, 2010 11:45AM joaniji wrote:

I think that it would be quite alright to shout with glee at having your home quieter for a bit.  It sounds like you are a remarkable woman managing a really difficult set of circumstances so well.  I hope that between the endless chores that you do, you can take some time for yourself.  Do you have a good support system? I truly hope so.  I will have to keep the magnesium in mind to try when my bone mets act up.  I hope that you continue to get some relief from the pain, which I know from experience, can be so terrible.  Wishing you more comfort and peace, joani

joani

Dx 1/1/2009, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Jun 23, 2010 03:15AM nine_rugrats wrote:

Well, i am enjoying the quiet and spending one on one time with my youngest daughter.  I get it again next month, they are going to 2 camps this summer.  I have grown sons who help me out and friends who beg me to let them help. And even tho i am new here the support here is amazing.

i have a hard time asking for help, i have always done everything myself and its hard now that i can't. But i love my life out here on our farm and to me all the work is worth it.  Like today I got up and was in pain, but going out tending to the goats and chickens i felt better when i came in even tho i hadnt taken any pain meds yet.  If i didnt have the farm chores to do i wouldnt be very active at all.  

Dx 5/18/2010, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, 19/19 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+