We are 145,005 members in 73 forums discussing 114,830 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY → Topic: Very bad news

Topic: Very bad news

Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only or those posting on behalf of a Stage IV patient. There is a separate forum for Stage IV Caregivers/Family in "Support and Community Connections".

Posted on: Feb 27, 2011 07:13PM

leprechaun wrote:

You know that Olga in a hospital. They've made the brain MRI a day earlier. She just called me. These crappy bastards are there. Many of them. 

Olga already is taking steroids to reduce swelling andt then she'll undergo WBR. 

We cried for 15 minutes over the phone. Dammit damn damn!!!! 

It's our older son 9th birthday in a week, why now??? The kid will carry this trauma his entire life.

I'm numb right now, just numb...

Page 11 of 13 (366 results)

Posts 301 - 330 (366 total)

Mar 18, 2011 05:16AM PJB wrote:

I'm glad that clearing up the UTI is making her feel much better. What a fighter! I hope she continues to get stronger and stronger. 

Paula 

May 2004, Stage 2 IDC. Recurrence in 2005. On Femara til mets diagnosis in Feb 2009. On Faslodex 8/11. Brain mets in April 2012. Progression in liver 6/12. On to Etoposide.

Dx mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 18, 2011 05:27AM apple wrote:

I'm sad for you Yan.. I adore that picture of you kissing your dear Olga and her happiness that shines forth.  Wishing you strength.  You know, I believe in praying for others and I don't know why the G-d above cannot just zap down a cure. 

peace and love, apple - ..... Mary Magdalen

Dx 4/10/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 4/9 nodes, mets, ER+, HER2+

Mar 18, 2011 05:29AM barbe1958 wrote:

Yan, I think you are right! I pray that many of the symptoms improve as the UTI gets under control.

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell, spirituality is for people who have already been there. (Lakota Nation)

Dx 12/10/2008

Mar 18, 2011 05:59AM Chevyboy wrote:

Thinking of your family Yan....My prayers are following you & yours everywhere... You know, there is ALWAYS hope!  ((((olga))))

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend.

Dx 10/26/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 18, 2011 06:19AM sincitydealer wrote:

Yan, glad they got the UTI cleared up.  Those can be soooo painful.  I hope you can get the Halaven.  Medicine should never been this expensive.  I don't care what country you're in.  You shouldn't be able to put a price on life!

Peggy

Mar 18, 2011 07:31AM katie11 wrote:

That UTI sounds really uncomfortable and I am so glad that it's been dealt with quickly. It's even better to hear that Olga is such fighting spirits. Go Olga!

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!

Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 18, 2011 10:52AM Heidihill wrote:

I hope this is the turnaround for Olga. Maybe the UTI and antibiotics will help kill some cancer cells. Stranger things have happened. Don't lose hope!

Dx 8/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, 2/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 18, 2011 12:02PM konakat wrote:

I hope Olga's a lot more comfortable now after the big pee.  And is the Havelin ever expensive.  I sure hope you can get it from the UK and administered in the US.  What a pain in the ass!!!!! 

The two of you are quite a team.  I just wish you didn't have all this BS to go through.  Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be looking for good news from you.  Lots of hugs,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth's Mantra: When in doubt, eat cake. When you haven't a clue, add ice cream. Elizabeth's Mets: Liver, bones, brain (yuck), and lungs (more yuck).

Dx 5/2007, ILC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 13/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Mar 18, 2011 01:14PM radiant wrote:

It's very difficult keep going without downtime. At least, that's my reality. Really hoping she can catch her breath for a moment here!

- Kim

Kim, Stage IV, triple +. First dx 2005, stage 3C, mets 2010

Mar 18, 2011 01:36PM justjudie wrote:

Thinking of you, Yan and Olga. Hoping you will find some resolution. Keep fighting. Big hugs to both of you from southern california.

Judie

Judie

Dx 3/31/2010, IDC, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 18, 2011 01:44PM chainsawz wrote:

Wow - I am so glad they discovered the UTI and I hope that was the cause of many of her problems and she gains more strength each day!!

Lisa -mets to lungs & brain - clear lymph nodes.....the weakest step toward the top of the hill, toward sunrise, toward hope, is stronger than the fiercest storm.

Dx 7/21/2008, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Mar 18, 2011 01:55PM HopeToMakeIt wrote:

Thinking of you and Olga and hoping that she is feeling better after the UTI clearing up. Keep fighting for the Halaven!! You would think we have enough struggles already and having to fight for medication just pisses me off!

Dx 10/15/2010, Stage IV, 1/11 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 18, 2011 01:55PM vickib wrote:

You are an amazing person Yan... Much strength, love and hugs to you and Olga. 

Vicki B. Cincinnati, OH

Dx 3/3/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 12/17 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Mar 18, 2011 10:18PM chrissyb wrote:

((((((((Yan & Olga))))))))

I found my peace which gave me strength. 52 at dx. (Sugar Glitter Cheeks)

Dx 12/8/2003, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 0/12 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 19, 2011 03:51AM chele wrote:

I'm new here and just read this entire thread.  I'm so sorry this is all so tough. 

Chocolate for Breakfast! Mets to lots of bones, sternum, marrow, liver.

Dx 11/2/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIb, Grade 2, 3/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Dx 3/11/2011, IDC, Stage IV, metsSurgery 11/18/2009 Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Right)

Mar 19, 2011 05:19AM stephanief wrote:

sending many positvie thoughts your way

peace

steph

humility isnt putting yourself down, thats just putting yourself down. Humility is knowing you could learn something in the very next moment that would totally change the way you see the world

Dx 5/25/2010, IDC, Stage IV, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Mar 19, 2011 05:28AM JeninMichigan wrote:

Yan and Olga

I am so hoping that clearing up that nasty UTI will give Olga strength to forge on.   Poor girl was probably using all the strength she had in her to fight that infection.  Hoping today is a better day.   Your onc is right... do not give up .. there is always HOPE especially for a fighter like Olga.  It is a crime what you are going through to get treatment for her.  

Sending many prayers your way.   

Jennifer

Dx 2/22/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 4/9 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Mar 19, 2011 05:51AM hrf wrote:

(((Yan & Olga))). Hope today is a better day

BRCA2+ first dx in Oct. 2004 2nd dx Feb. 2009 a new primary

Mar 19, 2011 07:03AM barbe1958 wrote:

Yan, I just know that Olga MUST feel better now. All that crap out of her body!!! All the energy to fight the infection like Jenn said would have been sapping all she had left! Please let us know how she is feeling today......

Religion is for people who are afraid of hell, spirituality is for people who have already been there. (Lakota Nation)

Dx 12/10/2008

Mar 19, 2011 07:10AM jenn3 wrote:

I can't believe that the cost of Halevin in the US.  It seems so unfair that medication that is needed is so expensive and out of reach.  I am so sorry that Olga had such a nasty UTI, but glad to hear that it's being treated - hopefully she'll start to feel better and regain some of her strength now that the UTI is being treated.

I admire your strength, loyalty and the fight you're putting up to help Olga (and your family). I am praying for your continued strength and hope you can find a way to get Halevin for Olga. 

(((Hugs))) for all of you....

Jenn - June 2009 IDC-TN, Stage III, 02/2011 Stage IV mets to the lungs & spine / Laugh until your belly hurts, then laugh some more...........

Mar 19, 2011 08:11AM lwd wrote:

Yan,

Thinking of you, Olga and the boys.  Hoping that something works for your family.

Lane

Lane

Dx 2/4/2009, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 2, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Hormonal Therapy 02/07/2009 FemaraHormonal Therapy 04/17/2012 TamoxifenHormonal Therapy 11/07/2012 Faslodex

Mar 19, 2011 10:33AM BrokenHeart wrote:

Yan, I am a strong believer that where there is life there is always hope.  Olga needs to get over a massive UTI [which would make anyone feel very ill], get herself stronger and back onto treatment.  Olga is a fighter who wants to fight - and I am going to send warm positive thoughts her way.  She deserves it and so do you and the children.  Hugs to you all, Zeana

Mum is ER+PR+HER DX 1989 IDC Stage 0 ::: Stage IV mets to lung Dx 1999 - 2010 mets to bone and liver:2011 - Liver Failing - End Stage Care Only: My beautiful mother passed away 8/15/2011

Dx 5/15/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 19, 2011 11:08AM vickib wrote:

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I am thinking about you and your family. I hope Olga is feeling better.

Vicki B. Cincinnati, OH

Dx 3/3/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 12/17 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Mar 19, 2011 11:09AM Windtalker wrote:

Sending hugs and prayers. :)

DX 12/06 IDC, 2.5cm, Stage1 ,TN. Lumpectomy, Chemo, Radiation.1/15 Stage IV Mets

Dx 12/22/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Mar 19, 2011 01:55PM 3katz wrote:

What a roller coaster ride you & Olga are taking. Yikes!!! It's amazing what such a bad UTI can do. Hopefully that was causing all the problems and Olga will start feeling better soon. It sucks that Halaven is so expensive - absolutely ridiculous!!

Amy D - orig dx 2005, stage III / recur-mets Stage IV dx 2008, multiple bone lesions / er/pr+, her2neu+++ / Dx 5-2010 brain met

Mar 19, 2011 09:21PM, edited Mar 19, 2011 09:23PM by leprechaun

Update.

Olga called me at 6 AM, in panic, wanted to see me. I rushed to the hospital and found out that she was just in pain, the medication took a bit longer to work and she got scared and called me (this time she's at York Central, 10 minutes from home. Not the best hospital, but when you use an ambulance, you have no choice.)

She's drinking-eating only "Ensure"s, constantly drifting between reality and sleep, almost no voice, bad vision, ascites that inflated her belly which is painful, the pulse went from 130 in the morning to 145 at night. Not enough strength to turn on the bed. Catheter for the urine and she had such a severe constipation today... After huge doses of laxatives, a suppository, and the enema it's still taken 3-4 hours till something happened (after 3 days of nothing). She has trouble swallowing pills, so we put them in the apple sauce. Her condition is far worse than it was a year ago.

We've got the results of lungs CT and it seems the lungs are the only location the Navelbine's taken care of. There's only one nodule left and it shrunk a lot. This could be funny if it weren't so sad.

I really really doubt that she will ever gather any strength to receive a chemo, let alone going to the States for that. I went home at 10 PM and cried all the way. She's suffering so much.

Olga Simkin (November 1976 - March 2011). Rest In Peace.

Dx 6/16/2008, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 1/24 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Mar 19, 2011 09:27PM 1Athena1 wrote:

(((((Yan)))))) ((((Olga)))))

I wish I had something better to say. I am so sorry for the pain you are both enduring. This is absolutely wicked. Words really can't capture it, can they? I am just glad you are posting and hopefully letting off a tiny bit of steam that way. 

Anyone diagnosed with cancer should learn to have a healthy disrespect for statistics. Statistics are maths. It's the science which still eludes us.

Dx 3/2009, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIb, Grade 3, 3/8 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 19, 2011 09:28PM radiant wrote:

Hi Yan -

I'm doing some work tonight and was online and saw this post. I honestly can NOT believe this. Everything is happening so, so, fast. I can't imagine how hard this is on both of you.

Thinking of you,

Kim

Kim, Stage IV, triple +. First dx 2005, stage 3C, mets 2010

Mar 19, 2011 09:40PM jeanne46 wrote:

I have no words.  Sending love and white healing light. And the hope that Olga will improve tomorrow. You both are encircled with our love and compassion.

Dx 12/05, Stage IV, Grade 3 ER-/PR-Her2- YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY OPTION YOU HAVE. -anonymous

Mar 19, 2011 09:47PM, edited Mar 19, 2011 09:50PM by FiveAlive

Sorry to hear this news Yan.  Is there any talk of draining the ascites to at least give some relief there?

Husband of Stage IV wife. Only one in five survive to five...we are hoping for at least Five Alive. Liver and bone mets.

Dx 7/4/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 11 of 13 (366 results)