We are 144,985 members in 73 forums discussing 114,798 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Is it normal to see lymph nodes on mammography?

Topic: Is it normal to see lymph nodes on mammography?

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried — Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time.

Posted on: Apr 20, 2007 11:44PM

greenacres wrote:

Just curious - in my report it says "Findings: The breasts are heterogeneously dense which limits mammographic sensitivity and can obscure a mass. Within the bilateral breasts, no suspicious calcifications, architectural distortion or dominant suspicious mass is seen. Benign calcifications are noted in the left breast. Benign appearing lymph nodes are seen in the bilateral axillary regions. Some asymmetry of breast tissue greater on the left than the right is seen. This was seen on the prior study as well."

Is it normal to actually see lymph nodes on mammography films? Thanks. Log in to post a reply

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Apr 21, 2007 05:21AM awb wrote:

I think it is pretty common to be able to see some of the lymph nodes on mammogram. The whole report sounds very benign--good news!!!! You may want to think bout going to a facility which offers digital mammograms when your next one is due, as they reportedly are better for women with dense breast tissue.

"I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future"

Dx 9/5/2003, LCIS, Stage 0, 0/0 nodesSurgery 09/16/2003 Lumpectomy (Right)Hormonal Therapy 10/30/2003 TamoxifenSurgery 04/05/2005 Prophylactic Ovary Removal (Both)Hormonal Therapy 02/28/2009 Evista

Apr 21, 2007 10:39AM Tamodeez wrote:

I also have dense breasts and just had a MRI to make sure nothing small was hiding. My MRI came back normal and even though it took over a week to get the results, I'm happy I had it done. I would recommend that you get a digital mammogram and maybe an MRI wtih dense breasts.