We are 144,853 members in 73 forums discussing 114,686 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Could I have breast cancer? small yellow spot.

Topic: Could I have breast cancer? small yellow spot.

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried — Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time.

Posted on: Jul 31, 2007 11:37AM

Conquest wrote:

So, today in the shower, I noticed I had a small yellowish spot on my nipple (around 0.5 cm by 0.5 cm) it wasn't attached by blood stream it came off fairly easily, could this be signs?

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jul 31, 2007 01:29PM FitChik wrote:

I have never heard of anything like what you describe as indicative of any of the types of breast cancer, so you shouldn't worry. If, on the other hand, the nipple or the breast shows distinct changes(inverted, dimpling, orange peel look) that persist or if you notice a discharge, you should have it checked out.

Marin

"Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." ~Nora Ephron

Jul 31, 2007 02:09PM Conquest wrote:

Thanks, theres nothing else different, so I think it may had just been nothing

Aug 17, 2007 07:11AM Coltsneck wrote:

If you have skin changes, such as a 'spot', 'freckle' 'pimple' 'mole' 'flaking' 'peeling' or any other type of growth on your breast and/or nipple you should have it checked out. There is a rare breast cancer known as Paget's Disease of the Breast, which is more like a skin cancer of the breast. Paget's accounts for 1% - 4% of all diagnosed breast cancers.

The interesting thing about Paget's is that in 90% of the cases, there is an underlying different type of breast cancer, usually Ductal Carcinom In-Situ (DCIS). Both of these are highly curable but should be addressed early on.

Your symptom did not sound suspicious as it seemed to disappear. However, I'm no doctor so I don't have a clue. If it comes back I would check it out with a physician just to be on the safe side.
Dx 5/2/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-