We are 145,001 members in 73 forums discussing 114,821 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: I've found another lump

Topic: I've found another lump

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried — Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time.

Posted on: Nov 1, 2007 03:39PM, edited Nov 1, 2007 03:39PM by lindalane

lindalane wrote:

I haven't posted in several months. I had a biopsy in Mar that was benign.

I found another lump in my left breast ( have had 2 benign bx in the left breast) about 5-6 mos ago but did not have it checked until today. I know, I know I should not have waited but I have other health issues and very poor insurance and just felt I could not afford to have it checked when I first found it.Embarassed

This lump is in a different area and feels totally different than the other 2 that I have had in the past. I had a check up with my int. med dr today for my thyroid and mentioned it to him. He did an exam and also felt the lump. It probably is pea sized at about the 11 o'clock position. I am scheduled for a mammogram and ultrasound next Fri. I know it most likely will not show up on the mammo. as my breasts are very dense. Is there a "certain "way benign vs malignant lumps feel? I was reluctant to even mention to my dr as I thought it might be just "normal anatomy". But I thought I might as well as get my money's worth from my visit.Smile But he could definetly (sp) feel it. He said it possibly could be fibrocystic but he doesn't know.

I am trying not to worry about it too much- I haven't even told my husband yet. It probably is nothing. Anyway, I am back and will keep you posted.

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Nov 1, 2007 05:41PM, edited Nov 1, 2007 05:41PM by Shirlann

Honey, you are living proof that 80% of these "thingys" are benign.  So just keep that thought until you hear otherwise.  Since you have already grown these, it is a good guess this is more of the same.

So keep that thought, you are doing exactly the correct thing with dense breasts. 

Hugs, Shirlann

Nov 1, 2007 05:47PM KarenC wrote:

You've already said what most of us would have told you so's  are not what you need now!

Take care, keep us posted and good luck-we will be thinking of you.

Karen

Nov 1, 2007 07:19PM, edited Nov 1, 2007 07:19PM by lindalane

Thanks Karen and Shirlann. Ever since I had the biopsy in March for abnormal shadowing- I had a cyst that resolved but the shadowing on u/s persisted- my left breast has not felt right. I know that sounds corny but I don't know how else to say it. I never followed up after the benign report as money is tight right now and my ins. doesn't pay much.(long story). The other lump I had was a fibroadenoma when I was pregnant about 11 yrs ago.

What's even odder, my twin sister also has a lump in her left breast now but she will not go get it checked. I talked to her tonight and she said she might after I have mine checked. My older sister just had her thyroid removed yesterday because of cancer.My father had colon cancer almost 2 yrs ago.

Anyway, jsut wanted to say thanks.

Linda

Linda

Nov 1, 2007 08:15PM KarenC wrote:

Linda,

You are welcome, I'm sure I speak for all of us-take care and maybe you and your sister can go to the doctors together-make it a family affair. I have colon cancer in my family history-my dad's sister and i have to have a colonoscopy next year.

Take care, that's what we are hear for

Karen

Nov 2, 2007 10:17AM miamigirl000 wrote:

Hi, im sorry your dealing with this again!

I to have a second lump, my first came when i was pg/just delivered about 5mo. ago, and it was removed and showed fibrocystic disease.

I just found another lump in the same breast, and just had my mamo/us and the radiologist said it was fibro....however, if they could not tell me for sure that's what the first one was, then how cans they say w/ 100% this time? I see the surgeon on nov. 8 and will likely be having it removed.

good luck!