We are 144,774 members in 73 forums discussing 114,591 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Expander poking out or a lump?

Topic: Expander poking out or a lump?

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried — Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time.

Posted on: Jun 14, 2009 12:54PM

ChemoSobby38 wrote:

Anyone have an experience with a lump while doing reconstruction?  I had a double mastectomy in Jan. 2009 and I am going in for the exchange surgery this week -- but I noticed a lump two months ago and it is slightly bigger now.  It is very pronounced.  My PS thinks it is the corner of the expander poking out.  Still worried, a month later I showed it to my ONC and he said the same and not to worry.  But I AM worried -- what else is new?   During the exchange surgery -- will the PS check inside to make sure everything is good before putting the implants in? 

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 14, 2009 03:39PM buffy wrote:

I can understand your concern, but trust your doctors.  I too have implants, which were put in a year ago, and there are certain areas where there is a lump/bump type thing and my PS assured me it was the implant and actually showed my surgeon where the lump/bump is on the implants that are shown to women before making a decision.  I am sure your PS is familiar with your implant and where this lump would be .... hand in there...I am sure you are fine...irene
Dx 8/3/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 14, 2009 03:43PM ChemoSobby38 wrote:

thanks Irene ... it's hard not to worry about every little thing.  - Pat

[CANCER 2x **not a recurrance **, 1st Cancer: CHEMO: ACT, RADIATION, HERCEPTIN, CHEMO PORT, 2nd Cancer: CHEMO - CT, BILATERAL MASTECTOMY, BREAST RECONSTRUCTION] Pat a/k/a ChemoSobby38

Dx 1/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-