We are 144,812 members in 73 forums discussing 114,653 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Bruise Looking Area On Breast, Wont Go Away...Geng Larger

Topic: Bruise Looking Area On Breast, Wont Go Away...Geng Larger

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried — Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time.

Posted on: Mar 19, 2010 06:50PM, edited Mar 19, 2010 07:00PM by Silvercrush

Silvercrush wrote:

I am 28 years old and have a high risk of breast cancer because of high estrogen, very low Iodine(was 38) and abnormal cells being deposited into my breast tissue per the Halo Pap Test Results. I started seeing a doctor last year for my breast. In 2009 around May I had noticed a small(about nickel sized) area on my right inner breast that looked like a bruise(purple, red, yellow color) that came from no where alone with bug bite looking sores that would come up and then disappear and then come up again(it did this for months). I showed my doctor and he said that it was maybe due to my hormones since I have extremely high estrogen dominance. He did a mammo and ultrasound but nothing came up abnormal, he said I had lots of cysts and he said if something was there it could easily be hidden by all my cyst. He said he found 2 fibroandomas and they looked fine(they were in the same breast as the bruise looking area). I was told to apply straight liquid iodine to my breast 3-4 times a week. I did this for three months and came back(August 2009)  to do yet another sono, again he said he couldn't see anything. I showed him the spot on my breast again and by that time it was about 2 nickel sizes. It was now dark yellow medium purple splotches...it looked awful.  I told him it has gotten larger and that it gets red for like a month then calms down for a couple of weeks. He told me that I should be seen every 4 months to continue a close eye on me. Then the next time I saw him was in october of 2009, I showed him yet again and this time it was covering a larger area....I asked him if he still thinks it is due to my hormones, his reply was no....he said that I probably should go see a dermatologist and get a biopsy. He looked concerned and at that point I didn't know what to do because I have no insurance...I don't apply for Medicaid...so I knew at that time I couldn't do anything about it. Now fast forward to beginning of January 2010...the bruise like spot had spread to a bigger area, the color is dark yellow with medium purple splotches, it stings a little, I have spontaneous amber colored discharge out of that breast only and there is a small dip in the upper part of my breast, kinda like small hail damage but only one indention. I also forgot to mention there is a lump that hurts under my arm pit(not sure if its my lymph node) that I had problems with around the same time this bruise like thing popped up. I couldn't afford to go back and see that doctor so my hubby did some searching and he found a place at the beginning of this month(March 2010) that pays for breast cancer everything as long as you dont have stage 4. They screen women with symptoms of breast cancer, do biopsies , chemo & surgeries. All I had to pay was $20 app fee and I called them before I filled out an app to see if I would qualify and I do! So I have just sent in the app and now waiting to get an app. So in the meantime I want to ask ladies with Inflammatory Breast Cancer or anyone else that might know....are these classic symptoms? Could this be a possibility. Im not asking for a diagnoses so please dont think that. Ill be seeing a doctor very soon. If you have or had Inflammatory Breast Cancer can it take sometimes a little while before it really kicks in? What was your symptoms? Did any of your symptoms compare to mine? Thank you for reading and for your answers!

Robin 

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Mar 22, 2010 06:16PM Silvercrush wrote:

Bumping...

Mar 23, 2010 12:54AM loveofcreed68 wrote:

I really can't help, but I am praying for a good outcome.