We are 144,896 members in 73 forums discussing 114,712 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: no lump, but dent (indentation) on one breast

Topic: no lump, but dent (indentation) on one breast

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried — Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time.

Posted on: Mar 21, 2010 04:07PM

eliza0104 wrote:

Hi everyone!  I have just noticed within the last 2 weeks, that I have a dip my left breast just right of my nipple.  I don't know if it would be classified as an indentation or not.  I haven't felt any lumps, but honestly I don't know what to feel for.   I notice it most when I raise my arms above my head and I can see it when I don't, however it's not as noticible w/ my arms down.   It reminds me of a dip in the road, you can definately feel it but it's harder to see (than feel).  It's almost like I have no breast tissue when I push on the dip/indentation.   Also, when I raise my arms the breast appears to almost be bottoming out.  It looks slightly different than the right breast.  Also in this dip/indentation I can see some shadowing (the skin appears ever so slightly bruised)  I haven't gotten hit or no trauma to that region.  I've also and I don't know if this has ANYTHING to do w/ this breast indentation or not, but I've recently been having bouts of what I can only say is internal itching in my left breast/chest region.  It's almost like I need to reach inside my chest and scratch my skin from underneath.  It sounds nuts, I know! 

My paternal grandmother had BC (probably between 42-52)  I am 35 and a mother of 4. 

Thanks for any insight, I plan on calling my doctor tomorrow but cannot figure out what this could be!!  Any ideas?

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Mar 21, 2010 05:13PM shiny wrote:

Eliza, So sorry you are going through this worrying time. Glad you found this site. It's a God send whilst you wait.

There is not much to say at this point except.

1- You are absolutely doing the right thing calling your doc in the morning. ANY changes have to be investigsted. You are doing exactly the right thing, not to ignore it, and stay worried any longer.

2-If it is BC, it's always good to find out early. If it isn't BC and you know the majority of breast issues are not BC, then there  is no sense in prolonging your worry for nothing, as even the stress coming from your worry is not good for your body.

So, Yes daaling, you are being a sensible, pro active, inteligant women, so don't let anyone "fob you off" until you are satisfied that this has been correctly and thouroughly checked out; By that I mean, mamo and ultra sound as a minimum from a specialized centre for bc, so that the people looking at the mamo or performing the ultrasound are experts.

The majority of investigations will reveal B9 conditions of the breast, however, that is no reason to not fully investigate breast changes. You know your body, you've had 4 kiddos, you go get that peace of mind back. And take care,

Wishing you all the best, you are doing the right thing. there is no point in guessing about things tonight, no crystal ball here, but making that call and following through is indeed, the best thing you can do for you.

Keep poping into BCO and posting as much as you need through the waiting, you won't be alone here. Lots of support from lots of great ladies and lots of people in very similar position.

All my best, hug.

Shiny

Dx 5/2007, IDC, 2cm, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Mar 21, 2010 05:27PM coss wrote:

Hi Eliza,

You're smart to get it checked out. My only symptom was dimpling of the skin when I raised my arms that I would notice in the mirror while toweling off my hair. I don't know about the itching thing. It's probably nothing but the only way to find out is to have it checked. Good for you for being proactive.       Cathy

Dx 3/27/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Mar 21, 2010 05:45PM hrf wrote:

Yes, please get it checked out. Best wishes

BRCA2+ first dx in Oct. 2004 2nd dx Feb. 2009 a new primary

Mar 21, 2010 05:52PM krcll wrote:

Dimpling, that something just looked "off" in the affected breast and that my 2 breasts looked different from each other were the things that got me to the doctor. You are young so there are lots of other things it could be but please do check it out.

FEC100/Taxol/rads/Tykerb/Herceptin (ALTTO trial) and Femara

Dx 7/29/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 3, 9/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Mar 22, 2010 09:12AM eliza0104 wrote:

Thanks for all your replies! I have an appt tomorrow afternoon at 2:15. I'll update after that!

Sep 14, 2010 09:41AM scaredmomof3 wrote:

Eliza,

I am a very concerned mom of 3 who has noticed an indentation on my upper right breast. It is discolored, and it feels like there is no tissue underneath. I have an ultrasound, and mamogram scheduled for this Thursday morning. I am so sick...I cannot help but think/feel the worst. I am curious to see what your results were. My case sounds so similar to yours. I am trying to be hopeful, and positive, but it is so hard. I am 35 years old with no history of bc in the family. Any thoughts?

Jun 25, 2013 01:00PM, edited Jun 25, 2013 01:01PM by lillylips382

eliza or scaredmomof3 i am 14 and i have an indentation in my right brest its towards the bottom and i am scared and confused of whether i should have it checked out but i dont think i could have it checked out for i am terrified. i am very discreet about my body and do not feel comfortable with any contact from even doctors so what should i do? I am a 34B and 103 pounds should i even be worried about this at my age and size?

Jun 25, 2013 02:01PM Moderators wrote:

Hi Lillylips, 

You should most likely not be at all worried. Probably good though to talk to your doctor (pediatrician) just to ease your worries. Sometimes breasts change when you are in your teens, and going through (or just gone through) puberty. 

Take it easy, and get your parent or guardian to get an appointment. 

Best, 

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Sep 1, 2013 01:26PM Vik1974 wrote:

Hi. Just found this site. Mother in law has bc & currently in hospital. Have discovered a dent in my left boob. Thought I was paranoid because of mother in law but hubby has checked & not paranoid as he can clearly see this. Am making appointment with gp tomorrow because worried now.