We are 144,805 members in 73 forums discussing 114,646 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Bump under port site

Topic: Bump under port site

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried — Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time.

Posted on: Oct 21, 2010 05:40PM

tougherthanithought wrote:

Hi All! I had my port removed about 4 weeks ago and I recently noticed a bump right under where the port was.  It feels oblong and starts right below where the incision is.  My guess is that it is scar tissue, because that seems pretty logical, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed something similar after their port was removed.  Also, does anyone know if scar tissue is there to stay, or does it go away after time passes.  Thanks for any feedback!

Sherrill

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Oct 24, 2010 03:56PM tougherthanithought wrote:

No responses, so I'll try again :)

Sherrill

Dx 4/1/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Oct 24, 2010 04:02PM jancie wrote:

i didn't have a port so i can't help you.  on sundays it is much slower around here versus the weekdays so if you don't get many responses by tomorrow, bump yourself back up to the top again.

Never Alone - My TaTa Sisters are always with me!

Dx 12/30/2008, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 24, 2010 04:08PM veggy wrote:

I have a thick scar where my port was and scar tissue under it. I've been massaging it with scar creams to help it go away. Its been 6 months since it was removed and its still red. If you have any questions abou it, call your doctor.

Biography: "Having cancer gave me membership in an elite club I'd rather not belong to." - Gilda Radner, Saturday Night Live *********** (Me -stage 4)

Oct 24, 2010 04:17PM sheila888 wrote:

Hi Sherill

My scar tissue is still there, one area looks like a pink bump. It gets itchy sometimes.

It was put in 2005 and I kept it a little longer after Herceptin.

Its been out for over 2 years now.

Not everybody experience is the same. There are women on these Boards they say they cant even  see the scar. I was using Vitamin E oil for a while but I didn't follow through.

Sheila

Sheila♥

Dx 4/8/2005, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Oct 24, 2010 04:19PM ruthbru wrote:

I had a 'dissolvable' stitch that didn't dissolve. My scar was always tender, sore, hard etc. Finally about 3 months later,  I went back to my surgeon. The nurse saw me and made a little insicion & saw the stitch. She tried to pull it out but it wouldn't come. She had the surgeon come in. He was kind of rolling his eyes, until he tried to get it out. At that point, he said, "What the hell?!" And pulled out a TWO INCH long stitch!!!! So if it doesn't feel right, go back & get it checked out. BLAH!!! (Once that was out, it healed nicely). Good Luck! Ruth

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche

Dx 2/2007, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Oct 24, 2010 06:11PM tougherthanithought wrote:

Thanks ladies!  It's probably normal. but I guess I should ask about it.  It's just so annoying, because now every little lump and bump causes me some concern, whereas before bc, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. 

When I had my BMX, my PS "fixed" my incision from my previous lumpectomy.  The original lumpectomy scar was high up on my chest, and was pretty raised, but now it's very flat and you can barely see it.  The port scar doesn't look like it will heal as well.  Maybe I could see if my PS can fix this one, too. 

Thanks again for responding!

Sherrill

Sherrill

Dx 4/1/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Oct 24, 2010 06:58PM ruthbru wrote:

Once the stupid stitch was gone, mine flattened and smoothed out & now really isn't noticeable unless you are looking for it.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche

Dx 2/2007, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-