We are 144,895 members in 73 forums discussing 114,712 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Swollen knee and elbow pain

Topic: Swollen knee and elbow pain

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried — Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time.

Posted on: Jul 27, 2011 06:37PM

wildbreast wrote:

Dear all,

I'm quite concern. Over two months ago I realized one of my knee was swollen. I went to my GP and he told me that because it was swollen on the internal side it didn't look like a trombophlebities and probably was a knee injury that takes over 8 weeks to heal and bone mets don't occurred in that area. Over two months have passed by and my knee is better but, it's still swollen, specially after walking. I am experiencing also pain on my elbow, the same GP sent me for an X-ray, I don't have the results yet and again he told me, that is not an area for bone mets and that probably is tennis elbow.

I don't know what to think, for what I have read in this forums mets on knees are rare but not IMPOSSIBLE. Am just freaking out and can't sleep thinking of this. I think my GP is quite incompetent as I've read X-ray just show lesions over 1cm and with a bone damage or the 30%. Is it a symptom of bone mets to have swollen joins or whatever part they are.

Thanks

Wild insomniac breast

xx

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jul 28, 2011 05:55AM chrissyb wrote:

Hi Wildbreast, I have bone mets but no swelling where they are.  I have arthritis in just about every joint with the knees being the worst.  The wear is on the inner side of the joint, and they have not been 'normal'  sized for many years.  If yours are swelling after walking in particulay, there probably is still some irritation left from what ever you did to your knee in the first place.   As for your elbow, it could also be bursitis which can be quite painfull.  If I were you, I'd try to rule out arthritis and or bursitis before looking further, as you say, mets to these  areas are very rare but not impossible. 

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

I found my peace which gave me strength. 52 at dx. (Sugar Glitter Cheeks)

Dx 12/8/2003, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 0/12 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-