We are 144,967 members in 73 forums discussing 114,787 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Nipple discharge with bad smell

Topic: Nipple discharge with bad smell

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried — Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2012 04:53PM

BlondeGenie wrote:

Hi, I'm 34.  I've had a mammogram and ultrasound and they found a growth in a milk duct.  The reason that I went to the Dr was for smelly nipple discharge.  Seriously bad smell, like foot odour.  I can't find anything about the smell of the discharge. 

My discharge is like a yellow fluid and can vary in how much.  I wear a thin liner in my bra because sometimes it leaks through to my clothes and the liner helps with the smell.  Can't feel a lump, the growth is tiny.

I'm on a surgical wait list to have the growth removed, but was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar smelly discharge and what your outcome was?

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Apr 9, 2012 02:29PM Ann216 wrote:

Foul smelling dicharge (from anywhere) can indicate bacterial infection. Did your doctor address the issue at all? Any other symptoms like a low grade fever? I would call your doctor again and get the drainage checked for infection!

Apr 9, 2012 03:45PM BlondeGenie wrote:

No fever, just an occasional ache in the breast, sometimes itchy and nipple tenderness, the nipple has turned in slighly too. 

I originally though it was an infected milk duct and have mentioned it to the Dr.  They think it's the growth producing the discharge.