We are 144,985 members in 73 forums discussing 114,798 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: hard painful lump on underside of breast.

Topic: hard painful lump on underside of breast.

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried — Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time.

Posted on: Jan 19, 2013 12:48PM

kmkrutsch wrote:

Hi everyone. New at posting here but I'm looking for some info from people who are experiencing the same symptoms. Okay, first off had a lump in center of left breast myself and dr felt it,had mammogram and ultrasound done but radioligist said just keep an eye on it maybe it will go away and return during your cycle. Never went away,this one is not painful. So I am now having pain upon touching on underside of right breast into sternum just on right side. Definite hard lump across bottom of breast. My left breast does not feel like this at all they are completely different. I should also say the pain only happens when palpated. I am calling dr on Monday. Has anyone else experienced symptoms like this or know what this might be.

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jan 19, 2013 01:12PM EmD wrote:

kmkrutcsh, I would call the Dr or breast clinic and tell them about your new symptoms so they can give you their advice and you can decide how you want to follow up. I have a lump and discomfort in the area of it but the actual lump isn't painful (very occasionally there will be pain when it's palpated, but generally none at all.) I'm still waiting for tests. I hope you get some answers soon.

Jan 21, 2013 03:15PM Wren44 wrote:

I had a lump that would become painful at some point in my cycle. Then, when the hormones changed, the lump would become much smaller and not hurt. I think it was probably a cyst.

Dx 11/11/2011, IDC, <1cm, stage 1b, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-/HER2-. Lumpectomy and SNB 1/4/12. Reexcision for better margins found 2nd IDC >1cm, stage 1b, grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-. Mastectomy 2/22/12. Arimidex.