We are 144,868 members in 73 forums discussing 114,694 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: 'Let Down' feeling in right breast

Topic: 'Let Down' feeling in right breast

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried — Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time.

Posted on: Feb 18, 2013 10:17AM

uncertain33 wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone experienced a 'let down' feeling in either one or both breasts prior to being diagnosed with bc?
This just started for me in the last 48 hours. I haven't nursed for six years - but that is exactly how it feels!
My MRi came back BIRADS 4 suspicious with a 8cm nonmasslike enhancement a few weeks ago. And I'm waiting for an appointment for an MRI guided biopsy.
I'm so concerned and wondering if anyone else had this feeling?

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Feb 18, 2013 10:20AM SusansGarden wrote:

I remember having that feeling ...but I always attributed it to monthly hormones.  Never thought about it being tied in with the cancer. 

"If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes."

Dx 10/6/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 11/30/2010 Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement, Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Hormonal Therapy 02/01/2011 Tamoxifen

Feb 18, 2013 10:52AM april485 wrote:

I have read many women saying the same thing on here but that does NOT mean you have BC. I did not have this feeling but then again, I am almost 58 and barely remember what that let down feeling felt like. BUT, my breast did feel "different" in general. Hugs and hoping that nothing but B-9 are the words you hear!

"Fear has been a huge dictator in my life - so I am trying to stage a coup!" ~ a friend

Dx 1/30/2013, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+Surgery 02/21/2013 Lumpectomy (Left)Surgery 03/11/2013 Lumpectomy (Left)Radiation Therapy 04/22/2013 3-D conformal external beam radiationHormonal Therapy 06/20/2013 Aromasin

Feb 19, 2013 09:14AM 29momoftwo wrote:

I've had that feeling over the past month but I have no idea what it is. I just had my prolactin levels checked to make sure my hormones weren't out of whack but that test came back normal. My kids are 6 and 12 so obviously I haven't nursed in years. It's so strange. I'm still going through testing though and will be getting a biopsy soon.

Feb 20, 2013 09:29AM concerned0221 wrote:

bump

Feb 20, 2013 01:49PM desertstorm2014 wrote:

Hi, yes I had this with a benign issue with 2 papillomas blocking a duct. The normal fluid we have every day would back up and then spontaneously discharge usually at night, would wake up with stained tee or sheets. Also would have a "hot flash" feeling, maybe that was estrogen, not sure. I ended up with a ductal excision to pull everything out, they tested the fluid and it was abnormal.
Hope you get some answers and resolution!

Aug 22, 2013 10:40PM mkp wrote:

Bump