We are 144,896 members in 73 forums discussing 114,712 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Growing our Friendships After Treatment → Topic: I say yes, you say no, OR People are Strange

Topic: I say yes, you say no, OR People are Strange

Forum: Growing our Friendships After Treatment — For those who have finished treatment, but want to continue growing your cybersister friendships.

Posted on: Jan 3, 2011 06:23PM, edited Jul 28, 2011 12:03PM by bluedahlia

bluedahlia wrote:

Thought I'd add mrmojorisin in there somewhere.

Let's try this again. 

Life is made up of differences. Let's explore these differences, learn from them and accept them.

Now "Don't stop till you get enough"!  I love Michael Jackson too!

Page 767 of 1,771 (53,104 results)

Posts 22981 - 23010 (53,104 total)

May 6, 2012 09:14PM rosemary-b wrote:

Oh, what a sweetie.

Dx 2/25/2007, IDC, Stage I, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 6, 2012 09:28PM suzieq60 wrote:

In case you are wondering why I haven't jumped on a plane - too expensive at such short notice. I booked months ago to go on 18th June for half the cost it would be today. Still it is tempting but I do have work I can't get out of right now.

2nd diagnosis October 2010 - IDC 5.8mm node negative - missed on mammogram in October 2009

Dx 10/13/2009, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 7, 2012 03:49AM suzieq60 wrote:

Good girl Susie actually went on a bike ride this afternoon - the weather is SO glorious it was hard to say no. As usual Steve led me on a long journey but I managed much better and didn't complain. He kept going further along his hilly route and I came home by myself and I made it 2/3 up this street near home which is a gentle slope but a bugger to ride up - that's how far I used to be able to go. I was quite pleased with myself. I even stood up on the pedals on one hill and made it to the top without getting off. Back to work tomorrow - bummer - I do love long weekends.

2nd diagnosis October 2010 - IDC 5.8mm node negative - missed on mammogram in October 2009

May 7, 2012 06:22AM kira1234 wrote:

What a sweet baby.

Congratulations on getting farther on the bike ride. I sure know how hard it is  to get back to where we were before all this stuff.

Dx 6/1/2010, ILC, <1cm, Stage Ia, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 07/10/2010 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Left)Radiation Therapy 08/03/2010 InternalHormonal Therapy 10/05/2010 Aromasin

May 7, 2012 08:12AM suzieq60 wrote:

Annie upset as Nicholas is jaundiced and they have him a special crib under uv light. She misses him. I googled it and they say 1/3 to 1/2 of babies end up jaundiced and they usually get better. Being premmie it was probably going to happen - poor bubby. Hope the uv light works and she can cuddle him again soon. I told her she has the rest of his life with him, a few days won't matter. She's extremely emotional today as her milk came in. Talking to me helped and she cheered up - it's good we are in phone contact.

I feel really great after the ride - makes a difference when it's not humid. Glorious weather this weekend and more predicted for the whole week.

May 7, 2012 12:24PM 3monstmama wrote:

susie, congrats on the baby!  he is decidedly darling!  good advice to your daughter though its hard to wrap your brain around when you are in the momment.

I stand with one foot on each side of the "where are the damned pictures" line?  I am the mother who is absolutely HORRID at sending photos out to anyone.  Oh we buy the school photos, we just can't seem to get them into the envelopes or even remember to hand them out when people visit.  And emailing photos?  don't even ask.  At the same time, I can see that because of my poor example at sharing photos, Innocent not to mention taking photos, I am destined someday to be the nana on the other side who has no photos of the newest grandbaby.  Whoops!  I shall be reaping what I sowed. Smile

It is a glorious sunny day here and expected to hit the 70s for the first time this year.  My one boss has developed a cold and isn't coming in.  I cannot tell you how sickly I wish I was feeling!  perhaps later in the day when I've gotten some work done. . . .  Cool

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

May 7, 2012 03:45PM suzieq60 wrote:

3monst - I still haven't had any pictures of Alexander (the other grandbaby) printed or of our trip to the UK and Paris last year. I intend to, but have been decidely slack. I was trying to whittle down the photos to a manageble number but stopped at 1000 and then stopped going through them. Must get around to it again.

May 7, 2012 04:37PM SunflowersMA wrote:

susieQ - ADORABLE..just precious - may Nicholas have a long, happy, HEALTHY life. 

May 7, 2012 06:10PM suzieq60 wrote:

Thankyou Sun - he IS gorgeous.

May 8, 2012 10:49AM Wabbit wrote:

Awwww at Nicholas!  

Just saying 'Good Morning' before the board goes down for the changes.  Admitting that I'm resistant to change so just hoping it's nothing radical. 

Dx 3/2006, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 8, 2012 12:02PM 3monstmama wrote:

the changes STINK.  and in a heartwrenching sort of way, when I looked for new replies to this particular thread, it declared that the most recent post was from konakat. . . .

I lack the patience to learn a new system.  perhaps this revision is the kick in the pants I have needed to get off the board.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

May 8, 2012 01:04PM SunflowersMA wrote:

I'm with you 3mmm- it is SO slow - and unpleasant..time to go...think Blue was just a ittle early....

May 8, 2012 01:05PM, edited May 8, 2012 01:06PM by SunflowersMA

sorry about the double post - took SO long, and wnted to leave page - so it posted TWICE...

could this ype be any smaller??????

May 8, 2012 01:09PM Moderators wrote:

We are really trying to make the changes positive. It will take a few days, and sincerely apologize for that terrible tech glitch. We can imagine it was quite jarring! 

Hang in there ....  

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

May 8, 2012 01:09PM Moderators wrote:

We are really trying to make the changes positive. It will take a few days, and sincerely apologize for that terrible tech glitch. We can imagine it was quite jarring! 

Hang in there ....  

May 8, 2012 01:19PM SunflowersMA wrote:

Posting is so slow, expect BCO now using a screening filter to prevent some posting?

Type too small to read.  Active List impossible to scroll - what is the purpose of this?  Somebody really messed up BIG TIME.

Have tried to post - can't get it thru....ah, wonder why????

May 8, 2012 01:21PM Moderators wrote:

We are not trying to prevent posting. It is probably slow since we are behind-the-scenes trying to fix things. Hang in there...

May 8, 2012 01:25PM SunflowersMA wrote:

SLOW SLOW SLOW

Type too small when posting.  This is not a "technical glitch" - this is AWFUL.

Active Topics takes an AGE to scroll thru - ot enough topics on one page.

TOOOOOOOO cumbersome to use, not worth the time.

Bye.

May 8, 2012 01:31PM Wabbit wrote:

OMG ... this format looks just like every message board I have ever hated and walked away from.  Never expected this.

Sure should cut down on the 'fusses' I guess ... how in the h*ll can you even tell what discussions are going on without spending hours jumping around.  Going to look around more ... but right now I feel like somebody snuck in under cover of darkness and painted my house orange.

Dx 3/2006, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 8, 2012 01:33PM jancie wrote:

Takes me 2 seconds to type a response and 20 seconds for it to submit and by then my screen has blacked out.

Not happy at all!  Guess I will leave for a couple of days and see if it gets any better but this is driving me crazy and I don't have the time to sit here waiting for this darn screen to load!!!

Onwards to do laundry, etc.

Suzie - wonderful picture of new baby!!

Rosemary - hope you are feeling better today - so very sorry about your friend.

Blue - MISS YOU!

Never Alone - My TaTa Sisters are always with me!

Dx 12/30/2008, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIb, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 8, 2012 01:36PM Moderators wrote:

Sorry! It WILL get better. We understand your frustrations!

May 8, 2012 01:44PM, edited May 8, 2012 01:46PM by Bren-2007

Wow .. the board is really slow.  I am resistant to change as well.

On a happy note, I had a wonderful vacation at the beach.  I'll try to post a picture.  Hope it goes through.

hugs,

Bren

Attempting to post a picture of me and my mom at the Atlantis resort in the outer banks.

May 8, 2012 02:19PM rosemary-b wrote:

Ick.  More to follow. For now just ick.

Dx 2/25/2007, IDC, Stage I, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 8, 2012 02:37PM crazy4carrots wrote:

I'm quite sure Rosemary was NOT responding to Bren's lovely photo!

Can't say I like this new format very much.  Needs work, as the Mods have said. 

To follow by faith alone is to follow blindly -- Benjamin Franklin

Dx 1/10/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 8, 2012 03:07PM AnnNYC wrote:

Beautiful pic, Bren!

Susie, congratulations!  Nicholas is beautiful!  I know the UV lamps/jaundice experience is very stressful for the new parents, and I'm so sorry your DD and SIL are having to go through this -- but every baby I know who experienced this recovered really quickly and has done great.  Hugs to you and your family.

Athena, wishing you the very best in your release from your job!

BarbaraA, good going on confronting your boss -- hope things will be a lot better!

Obviously, I'm very far behind on everyone's news -- and if the board continues to look like this, I guess that situation won't improve for me!  To say I'm "not liking the new look" would be an understatement!

Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 8, 2012 03:30PM Bren-2007 wrote:

Just planted the flowers and hanging baskets.  Experimenting with the picture size.

May 8, 2012 03:40PM suzieq60 wrote:

Thanks girls - I tried calling her last night but she had her phone off. Hope everything is OK.

As for the layout - don't like the stuff on the left - it should go back to the top - makes our post area too small - better with a full screen width. It's like my internet banking pages which changed recently - looks weird.

May 8, 2012 04:09PM Moderators wrote:

By the way, we've bumped up the size of the fonts in the "Post a Reply" box. You will very likely have to clear your browser cache in order to see the change! 

May 8, 2012 04:21PM kira1234 wrote:

BinVa, I just losve your lovely sitting area. I do have a question though. How often do you need to water the flowers in those pots, and do they keep the water in them. I have one, and it seems the plants are always needing water.

I agree with all I very much dislike the new format. I guess I'm just getting old, or set in my ways, but it sure seems cumbersome to me.

Dx 6/1/2010, ILC, <1cm, Stage Ia, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 07/10/2010 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Left)Radiation Therapy 08/03/2010 InternalHormonal Therapy 10/05/2010 Aromasin

May 8, 2012 04:48PM Bren-2007 wrote:

Thanks Kira!  When the sun is out during the summer, I water the hanging pots every day.  They just don't hold the water. 

I'm having a hard time adapting to the new changes here.

hugs,

Bren

Page 767 of 1,771 (53,104 results)