We are 144,985 members in 73 forums discussing 114,798 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: High Risk of Recurrence or Second Breast Cancer → Topic: Swollen lymph node above my right eyebrow

Topic: Swollen lymph node above my right eyebrow

Forum: High Risk of Recurrence or Second Breast Cancer — Managing high recurrence risk of developing a second breast cancer.

Posted on: Aug 30, 2008 09:36PM

West_Coast wrote:

Finished all treatment (chemo, lympectomy, radiation) for Stage 2A in March 08. A month ago on the same side I found a swollen lymph node in armpit. No change. Today I have a new swollen lymph node above my right eyebrow near skull. Has anyone had swollen lymph nodes on the face? If so was it just an infection? MRI is two months a way. Should I be concerned? 

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Aug 30, 2008 10:39PM, edited Aug 30, 2008 10:50PM by wishiwere

I don't believe there are lymph nodes in ones face.  Neck yes, but I've never heard of this before.  Have you called your doctors office about the armpit and the face swelling? 

Here's a link showing where the lymph nodes in the head are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gray602.png

wishiwere~ Path read stage 1C- 1st Primary was IDC w/DCIS 1.4 cm, ER/PR+ & HER2-

Dx 9/21/2007, ILC, 1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 30, 2008 11:34PM, edited Aug 30, 2008 11:36PM by LUVmy2girlZ

It could be from a spider bite...how long have you had these symptoms and is it going down or increasing in size...

I read about periorbital cellulitis not sure if you have the same symptoms but if it doesn't go away you may need an antibiotic.

I would call your Dr. re: your lymph node under the armpit....or are you scheduled 2 months out for that ?

Wish you luck and keep us posted!

Much LUV

BRCA 1 & 2 neg. mx- 7 wks rads (35 rounds) LIVE LAUGH LUV...

Dx 11/19/2007, DCIS, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-

Aug 31, 2008 03:34AM West_Coast wrote:

Yes I called both doctors (surgeon & oncologist)  2 weeks ago and had two ultrasounds to determine if they were scar tissue . Nope...swollen lymph nodes. I am on schedule for my MRI within a couple of month to follow up. Haven't told either doctor about the new lymph node that's popped up on my forehead this weekend. The one on the head is new and rock hard shaped like a bean. No it is not a bug or spider bite. Kind of hoping it goes a  away.

I have never had swollen nodes in my life so I am concerned and yes according to pictures I have seen there are lymph nodes all around the head..

It just doesn't make any sense to have it in the right side as my BC was on the left side.

Can anyone shine some light on why my lymph nodes are starting to pop out?

Thanks!

newbie133

Dx 7/11/2007, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIa, Grade 2, 1/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 31, 2008 03:38AM pinoideae wrote:

Because of your cancer history, go seek medical advice from your doctor.  Swollen lymph nodes need to be addressed.  DO NOT WANT TO SCARE YOU.  Could be a viral infection.  One does not know until you seek medical advice. Be vigilant with your health care!

Dec 21, 2011 05:15AM, edited Dec 21, 2011 05:16AM by Paseovalle

I had a swollen lymph node above my left eyebrow because of an infection due to a failed root canal. Only two of the four roots were treated and the remaining roots had became infected. I had repeatative headaches and pain in my tooth. Also had developed an ear infection on my left side that gave me a fever and nausea. It got to the point where I wasn't sure where the pain was coming from because when I would go to dentist they would take x-rays and wouldn't see anything wrong. It wasn't until the tooth had became infected so badly that the infection ate away a significant portion of my tooth that the dentist could determine that it was infected. I believe a dental MRI could have detected the infection earlier. My infection was on my left side so my left lymph node above my eyebrow was swollen. The infection seemed to infect my sinus system so I would say the lymph nodes on the face aid to protect the system. If you are getting an MRI, I would say you are on the right track. Since you were just treated with chemo, your immune system my be weakend to the point where it can no longer hold back the infection that yT</p

Aug 25, 2012 06:41PM susan3 wrote:

dont know if this info is right but i was tol no lyphm nodes above jaw. i have many affected in neck area, but i was told not above jaw. hopefully that is correct info

Dx 3/2002, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, 40/5 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 25, 2012 06:41PM susan3 wrote:

dont know if this info is right but i was told no lymph nodes above jaw. i have many affected in neck area, but i was told not above jaw. hopefully that is correct info

Dx 3/2002, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, 40/5 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-