We are 144,996 members in 73 forums discussing 114,812 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Healthy Recipes for Everyday Living → Topic: Monavie

Topic: Monavie

Forum: Healthy Recipes for Everyday Living — A place to share our "healthier" recipes and food tips for everyday life.

Posted on: Jul 24, 2007 01:43PM

Dkissel wrote:

Anyone out there have any info on Monavie and breast cancer. I got a bottle free and the nutritional benefits seem to be good, but wondered if they were GREAT???
THANKS Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 2 (49 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (49 total)

Jul 24, 2007 03:23PM mccarroll wrote:

Please be careful with this product. I don't know about it's link to breast cancer but a friend had a heart incident linked to Monavie. He started taking it in February and about 3 weeks later was in the ER with heart problems. He kind of limped along for a few months then in April he was in intensive care with an apparent heart attack. They couldn't regulate his heart and it was touch and go for a while. They linked it directly to the Monavie and feel some people just can't take it. If you go on the website, read the fine print. it's not all natural ingredients. Lots of people take it without any problems but it is dangerous to some. Sorry to be so negative ... wish there was a magic elixir for us.

Take care, Karen

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!

Dx 5/9/2006, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 4/20 nodes, ER-, HER2+

Jul 25, 2007 04:27AM MsSherry wrote:

I am interested in HOW they linked it to the Monavie?

Sherry

Dx 4/25/2008, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 25, 2007 06:25AM mccarroll wrote:

I'm not sure. The biggest link was the timing. I know they did lots of blood studies. His heart would vibralize when they took him off the machines (for almost a week) but none of the tests showed any heart damage from a heart attack. The doctors asked him to bring the bottle of monavie for them to analyze. After that, he was strongly advised to avoid it.

Karen

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!

Dx 5/9/2006, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 4/20 nodes, ER-, HER2+

Jul 25, 2007 08:27AM MsSherry wrote:

Honestly I don't think it was the juice that did it. It could have been any kind of environmental exposure he had experienced. I have some here and drink it for joint pain and have all kinds of literature (my dr gave me this bottle) and there is nothing in it that would cause issues unless you were allergic to the fruit or glucosamine and chondroitin.

Sherry

Dx 4/25/2008, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 5, 2008 04:03PM MonavieCurious wrote:

Two comments on Monavie.  First it is an antioxidant.  I understand from a friend undergoing chemo that you should not take antioxidants during chemo.  But that said, check w/a doctor.  Next I was looking for other incidents of Monavie users with rapid heartbeats because it's been happening to me.  I cannot say if the Monavie and racing heart are linked; but what I read on the post is enough to make me think I should quite taking it.  Please comment if you have had a similar experience or if you know of someone who had a similar experience.

Jun 19, 2008 07:22PM lilyokadever wrote:

Please contact Product information at Monavie before passing on this kind of information..this is false..when something like this is reported it should be reported to the company for accurate informationproductquestions@monavie.com...they will give you accurate information...they will contact you and help..

Jun 19, 2008 07:31PM lilyokadever wrote:

Monavie is not a cure for cancer or any other inflamation in your body.....however it gives your body what it needs to repair itself.the same as the medicine your Dr. gives you......other than antibiotics nothing cures your ailment the medication treats your symptoms and sometimes causes many other issues when you read the fine print..I have been on Monavie for 1 1/2 year and would never stop..all medical information is to have 5-9 fruits a day with Monavie I get 13 servings in my juice..I don't have to worry about bad fruit..my whole family and many of my friends have been on it with tremendous results..much research material available on what it contains..if someone is going to have a reaction it would show in 2 or 3 days not 3 weeks later or a month..

Jun 19, 2008 07:38PM, edited Jun 19, 2008 07:43PM by AnnNYC

I don't agree with the above implication that the only reliable information about a product is from the manufacturer or distributor of a product!

Anyway, the distributor website states that MonaVie is high in anti-oxidants.  There seems to be scientific disagreement about whether  antioxidants are helpful, harmful or neutral during chemo.

MonaVie Active is a new product that adds glucosamine and chondroitin.  The manufacturer/distributor recommends that this new product NOT be used by children under the age of 12, or nursing or pregnant women.

Regarding glucosamine and chondroitin, a rare side effect is elevated blood pressure/heart palpitations.

Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 19, 2008 07:50PM lilyokadever wrote:

The product in the Active form contains glucosamine..which has not been studied yet to be safe for pregnant woman/nursing mothers and children under 12..the original blend does not contain glucosamine and is safe for woman and children..and that is recommended for children...the company has a medical team that can answer questions and concerns..and that is why I suggested www.productquestions@monavie ..to let them be aware that this is being said and look into it and you will get an answer..

Jun 19, 2008 08:12PM Rocktobermom wrote:

We have a lot of people here at my work who sell MonaVie, it's a multi-level marketing company.  They all claim it helps with everything.  Isn't this the same company that got into trouble for publicly saying it does not cure cancer but then in their little group meetings says that it does?  I think they had them filmed undercover. 

When life hands you a lemon, ask for some tequila and salt to go with it!

Jun 20, 2008 10:28PM donna02330 wrote:

Hi, I have been drinking monavie for a little over an year and you know what? i have never felt better in my life. I am a nurse and know the value of proper nutrition which everyone would benefit from, the glucosamine that is in it has helped my daughter who has had 4 major back surgeries be free of pain, prior to monavie she was on every pain med  you could think of now just takes the "juice",  another daughter is a type one diabetic, insulin dependent, she started may 31 2007 all previous A1c's where always high some as high as 11 and needing anywhere from 3-5 injections daily, since being on monavie she is now between a 5 and 7 and has reduced her insulin injections to once or twice a day her cholesterol a year ago was 240--today it is 146...i am not saying it is a cure, but there is something that makes us allvery healthy and happy...i purchase for my family and is well worth every penny...is it a come on??? not in my book or my family's ...one of my sons in law also takes it because he has plantar faciatis, (not sure on the spelling on that one) and is an contractor with his own business, since taking it he is pain free, how do you explain all this? i am 57 had pain every day getting up, stiff as a board, now i jump up out of bed and raring to go 7 days a week...how do you explain that?? my son has a torn rotator cuff in his shoulder,takes monavie and it is feeling better, he has only been taking it for about two months...how about explaining that one? anyone??

Jun 22, 2008 07:06AM snoods wrote:

I was just given a bottle of Mona Vie from a friend who touted it as pretty much the greatest thing ever. I try to be careful of what I put in my body, so I investigated the ingredients. It has Sodium Benzoate and Citric Acid (vit C)which mixed together form Benzene, which is a carcinogenic. Remember a couple years ago when some softdrinks were pulled off of shelfs because of Benzene. This is the same thing. There are suppousedly lower acceptable levels of Benzene now, but my mom has breast cancer and I will not knowingly have her put a known carcinogen into her body. Go to this website please : just google FDA Mona Vie, it will pull up a letter that is pretty interesting. In it the FDA is shutting down this website for making false medical claims (like joints will feel better) and FDA said your Mona Vie products are not recognized as safe and effective for these conditions and therefor, they are also new drugs and may not be legally nmarketed in U.S.without FDA approval. Does this answer anyone's question about patent pending, anyone?

Jun 22, 2008 03:39PM Rocktobermom wrote:

Wow, donna, good for you but I am surprised at how angry you sound, or how "in your face" your response is to my genuine post.  And, hmm, it's your very first post on this breast cancer support forum ... about monavie?

Some things just make you go hmmm. 

When life hands you a lemon, ask for some tequila and salt to go with it!

Jun 22, 2008 05:36PM abbadoodles wrote:

Who are all these one and three comment users? 

Let the buyer beware.

Tina

Jun 27, 2008 08:01PM DrFranco wrote:

Being in the health industry, I do alot of research on the reaction the body has on certain vitamins and diets.  It is refreshing to see a company like MonaVie come out and do years of due-diligence on its product.  As a medical doctor and an outsider this is what I know...1) MonaVie makes no claims that it cures cancer, (it has however killed leukemia cells in a petri dish in the lab)!  2) The FDA has never issued an injunction on the Official MonaVie Website. Since it only contains fruit juice the FDA does not need to approve it.  3) I cannot find any research or have not known anyone that has died from drinking MonaVie...to imply that MonaVie causes heart attacks is not only ridicules it is also damaging and defamatory!  4) The team of Doctors and Research personal that MonaVie has assembled is an absolute DREAM TEAM: Dr Nicholas Perricone PhD, RD, LD, Chief Science Officer, Dr. Lyle Mason team orthopedic surgeon for the Utah Jazz and the President of the NBA physicians board, Dr. Ralph Carson MD, PhD, RD, LD the foremost expert in eating disorder and exercise physiology, Dr. Jose Allongo, MD, F.A.C.P., Dr. Mike Kennedy, MD, Chief Medical officer....etc, etc.  Bottom line...I think they have an excellent all-natural product that most people need in their diet.  Let's face it, many of my patients do not have enough, or any, fruit in their diet.  This just gives them the daily serving they need.  Try it.  It wont hurt you, if you don't like it, stop drinking it!

Jul 1, 2008 03:24AM celia088 wrote:

posters with 1 or 3 posts only on this thread, and a "doctor"........?

sounds like advertising to me. 

"May your heart always be joyful, May your song always be sung, May you stay forever young"........Bob Dylan

Jul 13, 2008 06:43PM Ohbother wrote:

I drank MonaVie for several months.  Did my pain go away?... No.. .Did I feel better, maybe a little.  Mainly,  I could NOT sleep!... It kept me up at night no matter how I consumed it; morning or night...

I have several family members who swear by it.  They began selling it to finance their own consumption mainly.. I watched lots of the video promotions and read the  literature and I am always so reluctant to hawk anything that makes such great promises of wealth....The focus of the MLM is how much $ you can make by selling... That really bothered me...So, I started buying Acai juice from Whole Foods market instead...

Now Queen for a day....Every Day....

Dx 10/6/2005, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIb, Grade 2, 3/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 18, 2008 06:49PM Mariedoll wrote:

I have been taking Monavie for a couple of months now and feel a lot better.  I also have an immune system problem and my immuneologist recommended that I use it.  I found that I have more indurance and feel more energetic.  I don't think it is a cure all, but I think it has helped me.

Jul 21, 2008 04:39PM codijewelrygirl wrote:

i have had heart palpitations/racing heart as well.  i'm 29 and in good health.  i've been taking mona vie for ab 11 months and started noticing the palpitations once i started the Active after i stopped breastfeeding.  i've had no other changes in my diet.  i went out of town last weekend and didn't take mona vie for four days and didn't have any palpitaions.  when i came back home and resumed the juice, they started back up again.  has anyone else experienced this? i noticed one person said that having palpiatations was  a rare side effect of taking glucosamine/chondroitin, which is in the Active Monavie.  i went to the dr. and he said they were PVC's, harmless but annoying.  any advice or similar stories would be appreciated! 

Jul 22, 2008 01:05PM Lindajsa4 wrote:

Just curious about the fact you say Mona Vie is not  all natural. WHAT AT ALL IS NATURAL about the pills they put you on for a disease. Let me know. I have breast cancer and have been on Mona Vie since two weeks before I was diagnosed. I had surgery and radiation. I took Mona Vie the whole time and they found no cancer in my lymph nodes and I went through the surgery and radiation with ease. When they wanted to put me on a pill for 5 years afterwards I researched the pills out there and EVERY ONE OF THEM CAUSE CANCER SOMEWHERE ELSE. Now I am not willing to do that to my self yet Mona Vie is definitly keeping me healthy. I am not saying to take my advice by any means and yes there are people who can't take it, but that is like anything. I just think taking the juice is a better alternative to drugs.

Jul 22, 2008 01:13PM Lindajsa4 wrote:

Curious about your claim from the FDA. Have you EVER RESEARCHED the FDA? Hmmm. Almost every drug out there the FDA approved for treatments to a disease hmmm were taken off the shelves and replaced NOW with another drug(the FDA approved) because the side affects cause cancer. What in a persons right mind makes them ? fruits (all natural) verses drugs?

Jul 22, 2008 08:36PM hollyann wrote:

Do these 1,2 or 3 postrs even HAVE bc??????   Sounds like a lot of garbage to me!

Hugs and Love....Lucy Dx 1-15-07 IDC stage 1b grade 1, 1.6 cm.....Also DCIS grade 3, both in left breast

Dx 1/15/2007, IDC, 1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 1, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 24, 2008 09:05PM emath wrote:

I do have bc and I have been on Monavie for several months prior to be dx. My husband swears by it, helps him sleep sound. But me I have found no difference. My husband is a diebetic and it doesn't effect it. I have read all the materials and I do not think it could hurt you at all. I drink a jigger full in the morning and a jigger full before bedtime. It is expensive, but if it helps you go for it....if not then leave it alone. Everyone is different....would be a boring world if we all were alike!

Ellen

Dx 7/7/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage Ib, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 25, 2008 09:51AM pamlaharvey wrote:

I can't believe someone would say Monavie gave someone a heart attack.  It is so crazy.  Monavie is FRUIT and I haven't heard of anyone having a heart attack from having fruit.  Yes there is glucosamine in it and omegas 3,6, & 9.  This person was probably having problems before the Monavie.  Here are some of my experiences over the past year.  My son has not had to go to Riley Hospital for children because he is getting 4 ounces of Monavie everyday.  Monavie is not a drug, but it has such a high nutritional value (because its a food) it has helped his IBS and his body is healing itself because he is getting really good nutrition.  I haven't had any Fibromyalgia pain  (Thank God)  My mother at age 62 is back to work and lost about 50 lbs.  Her arthritis is so much better.  (The high antioxidant level gets rid of inflammation.  My husbands 5 hernia repair had hardly no redness or swelling.  Monavie is a combination of fruits and is such a wonderful thing.  I am thrilled with Monavie and am so thankful my family and friend found it:)

Jul 25, 2008 09:58AM pamlaharvey wrote:

Monavie is fruits:)  If you can eat fruit you should be able to take Monavie.  All the things in Monavie is good for you and your joint health.  It has incredibly helped my Fibromyalgia and my grinding knees and the pain.  If it doesn't work for you then don't take it.  I believe a product's sales is the proof in the pudding so to speak.  Monavie just in its third year has hit 3 Billion dollars.  Ask Bill Gates if Microsoft did this well in its third year:)  NO WAY.  If this was a scam or not good all these people would not be buying it.  Me and my family will be taking Monavie for the rest of our lives.  I paid $39 like Sam's club to be able to get it wholesale and I buy it whenever I want it.  I am not locked in to buying tons of it every month.  I buy it only when I need it:)  I love it:)  The most amazing this is it tastes GOOD:)

Jul 25, 2008 01:44PM emath wrote:

Pamalaharvey, you can get this from Sam's? Wow...I am a member for Monavie and I would love to get it at sams. Cost too much to get it shipped.

Ellen

Dx 7/7/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage Ib, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 30, 2008 11:34PM roxyfemme03 wrote:

Hello ladies,

I would like to say again that monavie is not a cure.  It is JUST 19 fruits.  How many here have heard doctors say that eating your fruits is healthy and beneficial for your body?  I'm sure all of you.  Monavie is just a juice, that's all it is, a JUICE.  Lets put it this way, costco is trying to copy it, shouldn't that tell you what a big impact it is doing?  I just think that people who bash a great product should do some more research.  If you listen to a CD by Dr. Schauss, he states that drinking 4 oz. of this product gives you the equivalent of 15 servings of fruits because of how potent it is.  Monavie helps you make money, it should never make you lose money.  You can get it for free if you do it right.  Also, for cancer, my family member had cancer and it HELPED her cancer by allowing her to still be alive when a doctor told her she has 2 years left.  She's on her 4th.

Hope you found this a little better

Laughing

Feb 9, 2009 01:37PM stacybrevin wrote:

I just have to add that I was on mona vie for only a short three days and it made me go crazy inside.  I was filled with anxiety and my heart rate was 120-130 just walking around the house.  I had to think real hard to what it might be...and I thought maybe the mona vie...  I stopped drinking it and it totally went away.  I believe there is a connection for some.  My husband started selling it and I believe in the product. .....but just not for me.  I am sensitive to strawberries....so I should have known. 

Feb 24, 2009 07:24PM MartiN wrote:

My 84 year-old father who has heart problems and has rheumatoid arthritis has been on Monavie faithfully for a year.  This product has been overwhelmingly approved by his doctors.  He has has no had any heart-related problems since using Monavie.  Before using Monavie he suffered terribly with pain in his knees.  His doctor put him on Acai capsules, but they didn't help much  After the first day of taking Monavie, his leg pain was considerably reduced, he feels fantastic, and would not go a day without this product. 

I know many people who have heart conditions and drink Monavie.  The benefits to the blood are incredible.  I have a difficult time believing that this person had these attacks based on his use of Monavie.  I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but there may have been an underlying problem.

Also, my sister and been seeing a specialist for quite some time for impurities she had in her blood.  After taking Monavie daily for three months, she went back to her doctor, and had another blood test.  The results were unbelievable.  She had no impurities in her blood whatsoever.  Her doctor asked her what she had been doing.  When she told him she had been taking Monavie for three months, he said she should continue taking it for as long as she could.

Feb 24, 2009 09:33PM cp418 wrote:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/150499

Page 1 of 2 (49 results)