We are 144,765 members in 73 forums discussing 114,531 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Surgery - Before, During, and After → Topic: * * * * * * * PHOTO IMAGES OF BILATERAL MASTECTOMY! * * * * * *

Topic: * * * * * * * PHOTO IMAGES OF BILATERAL MASTECTOMY! * * * * * *

Forum: Surgery - Before, During, and After — Surgical options and helpful tips for recovery and side effects.

Posted on: Jan 2, 2009 12:08PM, edited Jan 3, 2009 11:01AM by Longislandmoms

Longislandmoms wrote:

I wanted to share these images with you ladies........these are NOT my photos or experience with a Bilateral Mastectomy.  I was brave enough to have these photos as a visual before my surgery and it really helped me mentally as to what to expect physically!  These 30 photos are of a brave women's journey and journal through her process of reconstruction!  I hope this will help your journey as well!

I had my bilateral mastectomy just on Dec 5, 2008!  Everyday gets better & brighter!  I was not  worried about feeling the pain aspect or even the physical outcome.........it is more of the unexpected and unknown of my future!  But I have made a promise to myself to make sure that I smile everyday and know that everyday is truly a blessing!

***NOTE**** If you are to view these photos, please know that they may be somewhat disturbing at first, but for me, it was very therapeautic!  I hope I have helped you as well as it helped me to face your fears!  GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Please follow the steps below to locate these photos!

1.  Type www.google.com

2.  Upper left corner click onto Images

3.  In the search bar type in Bilateral Mastecomy

4.  There you will find many images, some disturbing, the one to find is the one that will be the second or so image by [ picasaweb.google.com ]

( I tried do a direct paste, but it wouldn't allow me! )  Let me know of your responses, or if you had a hard time locating it!

Dx 11/11/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 1/2 nodes, ER+ / BM 12/5/08

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jan 3, 2009 10:02AM crusader1 wrote:

HI Longislandmoms,

Have been a fan of Google for years. Never saw the button for images. I went to it. Did not open all images but it is still very interesting.

My mastectomy is on January 5th. I am holding up well and just wanted a quick picture.

Francine

Westchester , here...

At the end of this tunnel will be sunshine! It is a sunny day!

Dx 9/12/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jan 3, 2009 10:26AM Erica wrote:

If you go to my website, BreastFree.org, and click on Photographs, you'll find pictures of women after bilateral mastectomy, plus pictures of women in bras with breast forms and in clothing with and without breast forms.

Barbara

BreastFree.org (breastfree.org); BreastFree Blog (breastfree.blogspot.com); Twitter @BreastFree

Jan 3, 2009 11:00AM Longislandmoms wrote:

Hi Francine ~

Good luck to you on your soon upcoming surgery, I will be thinking of and sending positive prayers for speedy recovery!

Barbara ~ Thank you for your website information ~ all will come in handy for everyone!

Thank you for your thoughts!  Keep them coming!

Longislandmom!

It's much better to be IN control then OUT of control!

Dx 11/11/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-