We are 144,790 members in 73 forums discussing 114,635 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Surgery - Before, During, and After → Topic: After BMX, how many months did it take for swelling to go away?

Topic: After BMX, how many months did it take for swelling to go away?

Forum: Surgery - Before, During, and After — Surgical options and helpful tips for recovery and side effects.

Posted on: Oct 12, 2010 12:40PM, edited Aug 20, 2013 02:55AM by mckenz

mckenz wrote:

I had a BMX on July 9, 2010. II still have what I think is swelling on both sides. I know that underarm "dog ears" are normal, since I'm overweight, but I still have hard swelling, more so on the breast that had no cancer than on the one that had two lumpectomies and node removal. It looks like I have small breasts.  After three months, I would think that they would have gone down in size. They don't hurt, and I'm able to move easily. I told my BS that I wouldn't be having reconstruction, so that he would make as neat a scar on both sides as possible. I will be seeing him this week for my three month check up, but he is really an obnoxious fellow who rushes through every appointment I've ever had with him, and honestly I don't trust him too much. After this appointment I want to change doctors, but I'd appreciate the input of any of you out there on the normalcy of still swollen breasts (if that's what they are). Thanks!