We are 144,874 members in 73 forums discussing 114,700 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests → Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, problems, etc. here.

Topic: Post your tech glitches, errors, problems, etc. here.

Forum: Comments, Suggestions, Feature Requests — Request new or improved features, report bugs, & view upcoming changes.

Posted on: May 9, 2012 10:07PM, edited Nov 15, 2013 08:07AM by Moderators

Moderators wrote:

Hello All,

A member suggested that we try to consolidate all glitches, errors, specific complaints in one spot (great idea!!). Please feel free to express your frustrations, dissatisfaction, etc. in any of the other threads, but leave this one strictly for listing your glitches/main concerns as it relates to the new format.

It would be helpful if you would state your browser/operating system, and when you share the error, please be as specific and concise as possible. This will really help our staff and tech team! And, this way we could post what we've fixed, all in one place.

UPDATE 11/15/13; Please read below to ensure your browser and system is compatible with Breastcancer.org:

Breastcancer.org is supported by the following browsers and systems:

Minimum Requirements:

- Chrome 26.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Firefox 20.0* (OS X, Windows),

- Safari 5 (OS X, Windows),

- Safari (iOS 5.0 version),

- Internet Explorer 8 and up,

- Android 4.0.1 and up.

*self-updating

To keep up with advancing software, support for older browsers is removed as new versions are released. Breastcancer.org suggests updating your system and / or browser as needed for the best online experience.

Resources for updates can be found at the following URLs:

Chrome: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer.aspx

Additional help:

What is a web browser?

A web browser is a piece of software used to access the internet. The web browser goes out to grab data, brings it back to you and displays it on your monitor to let you interact with the website.

For users who are using the Microsoft’s Windows operating system, the most likely web browser they’re using is Internet Explorer, or “the blue E” as some people refer to it. Those using Apple’s OS X, their default web browser is Safari.

Internet Explorer and Safari aren’t the only web browser options you have. There is also Chrome and Firefox, both of which are free downloads.

What is an operating system?

Operating systems run your computer, laptop, tablet and phone. The operating system is the brain of your computer and is responsible for telling all the other pieces of your computer what to do. When you click on an icon to open up a program it tells your computer what has to happen to wake that application up so that you can use it.

The most common desktop operating system is Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), followed by Apple’s OS X.

Yours, The Mods

Page 25 of 46 (1,373 results)

Posts 721 - 750 (1,373 total)

Feb 3, 2013 05:16PM Moderators wrote:

aprilmommy, extrnxgrl is exactly right. There is a limit on how many private messages new members can send. The limit was instituted to stop spammers who were registering and then immediately using PMs to spam members with messages.

• The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Feb 3, 2013 09:02PM aprilmommy0205 wrote:

That makes sense.  It's too bad spammers have to be everywhere.

Someone was sharing some very valuable information with me and I wrote back to thank them and it wouldn't go through.  I wanted to express my appreciation for her taking the time to discuss my concerns.

So how long do you have to be a member because the limit is lifted?  Or, is it based on a post count?

Feb 4, 2013 12:50PM, edited Feb 4, 2013 12:52PM by curveball

How do I remove "Recommended Articles" from My Profile? I have fourteen in there and all I see is one button to Save and one to Archive. Speaking of which, what is the difference between Save and Archive?

By the way, I'm still getting lots of irrelevant articles--ones that only apply to people who had lumpectomy when I had a mastectomy, pregnancy-related articles when I'm postmenopausal, and the like, even though the relevant information is in my profile. Are there any improvements in the works to the selection of articles that are considered relevant?

Oncotype score 28--Age 56 at initial DX--mets found at 57 (but I suspect they were there from the start)--mixed IDC & carcenoid (neuroendocrine) tumor. Octreotide (a carcenoid treatment) June-Sept 2013, failed.

Dx 3/23/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 2, 1/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Dx 2/26/2013, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 1/13 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 06/06/2012 Mastectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Left)Chemotherapy 07/18/2012 Cytoxan, fluorouracil, methotrexateHormonal Therapy 01/10/2013 ArimidexHormonal Therapy 06/03/2013 AromasinChemotherapy 10/30/2013 TaxolChemotherapy 01/22/2014 Doxil

Feb 4, 2013 02:03PM Moderators wrote:

Curveball- Thanks for your feedback and we regret that the recommended articles are so off target for your diagnosis and age.  

We are checking with the tech team concerning the issues of removing, saving and archiving the articles- We will get back to you shortly.

Feb 6, 2013 10:52PM chrissyb wrote:

Hi Mods! Just to let you know something weird is going on in the Bone Mets thread. Names and posts don't match up and the posts spread the whole width of the page.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

I found my peace which gave me strength. 52 at dx. (Sugar Glitter Cheeks)

Dx 12/8/2003, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 0/12 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 7, 2013 02:13AM Musical wrote:

Hi Mods, Ive read some of the 1st page and this last page. Someone mntioned about colour.  Just want to say I LOVE the maroon colour around your avatar, up the top and on various buttons. Hope you keep on keeping that! Some have mentioned there seems to be a lot of dead space on the left.  I agree with that. 

Thankyou for giving us forums to post in and connect with others. I appreciate it.

Musical

Psa 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (KJV)

Dx IDC, 4cm, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 7, 2013 02:49AM Moderators wrote:

Chrissyb, thanks for letting us know about the format being "off" - all fixed now!

Musical, we appreciate your feedback about the forums!

• The Mods

Feb 7, 2013 03:37AM Musical wrote:

Just another good bit of feedback... I was generally looking around at the colour scheme and I find it easy on my eyes. The subtle lemon and the white doesn't appear to be harsh and glaring. These things do make a difference. Additionally I tweaked my colour settings within Windows properties and the nice greys and reds which are unique to my computer make for a nice colour scheme with yours.

Psa 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (KJV)

Dx IDC, 4cm, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 7, 2013 05:28PM addidas1120 wrote:

having trouble viewing pictures.  Are they posted in a different forum section?

Dx 12/12/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 2, ER+, HER2-Surgery 02/12/2010 Mastectomy (Left)Surgery 04/16/2013 Prophylactic Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction: GAP flap (Both)

Feb 7, 2013 05:35PM Moderators wrote:

addidas, if you're looking for the Reconstruction Picture Forum, it is run by long-time members of the Breastcancer.org community, but it's not actually part of BCO. To get access to the forum, you'll want to send a private message to that forum's admin, nowheregirl.

Here's the link to message her:

https://community.breastcancer.org/member/11047/message

• The Mods

Mar 7, 2013 10:25AM leggo wrote:

Not a huge problem, but it recently caused a misunderstanding between myself and another member, and weird because it seems it's a problem for me but not for others??? Problem is probably too strong a word, more of an annoyance. When I log in, I stay logged in unless I manually log out. Just "x"-ing out of the board doesn't do it. I stay logged in forever. How come? With every other site on the net, if you "x" out, you have to sign in next time you visit. Like I said, not really a problem, just laziness on my part for not manually logging out, but wondering why it works that way for me but not another. I can get used to logging out, not a big deal, but just curious.

Dx IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 26/35 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Mar 22, 2013 09:30PM MelissaDallas wrote:

I find it so frustrating to not be able to add a photo from an Ipad.

It is exactly the kind of thing the device was designed for yet we lose all the options on a post when we use one.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Mar 22, 2013 10:32PM, edited Mar 23, 2013 09:18AM by Moderators

MelissaDallas, we understand your frustration, and improving the integration with mobile devices such as the iPad is one of the technical improvements on our list of objectives when budgets allow. In the meantime, can you email pictures you take with your iPad to yourself, to retrieve at a computer and post from there?

We also hope that posting pictures from computers can one day be easier too.

• The Mods

May 5, 2013 02:00AM Valjean wrote:

Moderators:

For the past 2-3 weeks I have not been able to read any of the Breaking News articles available for access on the left side of the page in view. It tells me: "There is a problem with this website's security certificate. The security Certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address." And it advises me to not continue so I don't.

I use Windows Vista/Internet Explorer Version 6.0 and have made no changes to my computer & it is not brand new.

It's quite anoying because I can't read any of the news.

Anybody else have this problem?

♥ RIP MELISSA ♥ ~Lumpectomy SNB~Oncotype DX 14~finished Rads x33, 2.19.09~Aromasin started 2.20.09

Dx 11/5/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 5, 2013 02:58AM Moderators wrote:

Valjean, thank you for letting us know. We'll ask the tech team to look into this.

• The Mods

May 5, 2013 06:46PM River_Rat wrote:

Mods, can we not stay logged in anymore, or is it just me?

Fear is the highest fence. ~Dudley Nichols

May 5, 2013 07:55PM Moderators wrote:

River_Rat, it might be just you, but let's try to figure out what's happening. Sorry to ask you these basic questions, but they can help with troubleshooting.

At the log-in screen of any/all computers or devices you use to get to BCO, do you have the "Remember my user name" check boxed checked?

Do all browsers on all computers or devices you use to get here have cookies enabled? Updating to a new browser version will sometimes automatically change this setting to reject cookies, and they're needed to use the boards.

Let us know, and we'll dig into this further if needed!

• The Mods

May 5, 2013 08:17PM River_Rat wrote:

Hi Mods, It used to be that if I logged in with my iPad then I would have to log back in when I used my computer, but other than that I stayed logged. Just the last couple of days I haven't logged in with my iPad but I've had to log back into the site several times. It's just been when I've been off this site overnight or for several hours I have to log back in - if I'm on this site and just go elsewhere for a bit I don't have to log again.

It's not a big hassle because I've got it set up to remember my user name and password so I just have to click one button. I just wondered if this was a new policy. I'm on a Mac running OS 10.7.5, using Safari 6.0.3, which is the only browser I use. I haven't updated anything in the last week so I can't think of how anything would have changed from my end.

As I said, it's not a problem for me - more a curiosity than anything, so don't spend time on it unless others have having the issue.

Fear is the highest fence. ~Dudley Nichols

May 6, 2013 02:16AM Moderators wrote:

Thanks, River_Rat, we'll keep an eye open for reports about this and be poised to follow up if it looks as though something's changed with the log-in process that we're not aware of.

• The Mods

May 8, 2013 02:05AM Valjean wrote:

Mods,

Thank you! Your fix worked, I can access the articles again.

Thank you again.

♥ RIP MELISSA ♥ ~Lumpectomy SNB~Oncotype DX 14~finished Rads x33, 2.19.09~Aromasin started 2.20.09

Dx 11/5/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 8, 2013 02:36AM Moderators wrote:

Awesome, Valjean! We'll confirm with the tech wizards.  Smile

May 8, 2013 05:22PM Waitingforthenextstep wrote:

Mods

I have not received any articles in my profile since January or earlier.  I did notify in the tech support section, but still dont receive articles.  I really value the articles, and hope this can be rectified. Thanks

Dx 7/16/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage Ia, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+Surgery 08/09/2012 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Right)Chemotherapy 09/25/2012 Adriamycin, CytoxanChemotherapy 12/04/2012 TaxolTargeted Therapy 12/04/2012 Herceptin

May 8, 2013 05:48PM, edited May 8, 2013 08:08PM by Moderators

Waitingforthenextstep, we're sorry you haven't been receiving the articles, and we're happy to look into why they're not arriving in your email box.

Is there any chance that you've changed the email address you used when you first registered? Or could your email provider have mail from Breastcancer.org blocked if there was a flurry of reports that it automatically identified as spam? If you're still at the same email address, could you whitelist or safelist email from us?

We'll send you a PM with the email address we have on file for you.

Thanks for letting us know!

• The Mods

Jun 24, 2013 10:17AM Kam170 wrote:

Mods

I have to log in far more than I use to have to do.  I can be in a middle of writing a post or PM, while presumeably logged in, but when I hit "send" it bounces me back to the log in page, to log in, and I've lost everything I've written.

Could be a coincidence, but it seem to start after I got a replacement Iphone.  I keep BCO on my home page one Iphone.

BRCA2+ Oncotype Score 39 ooph/TE exchange/port removal planned 8/30/2012

Dx 11/11/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage Ia, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 12/20/2011 Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Left)Surgery 01/20/2012 Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Chemotherapy 03/01/2012 Adriamycin, CytoxanChemotherapy 04/25/2012 TaxolChemotherapy 06/27/2012 carboplatinHormonal Therapy 08/12/2012 Aromasin

Jun 24, 2013 10:42AM Moderators wrote:

Hi Kam,

When logging in on your iPhone, do you have the checkbox marked "Remember my user name" checked?

--The Mods

Jun 24, 2013 10:53AM, edited Jun 24, 2013 04:00PM by Kam170

Yes, I do, but did not change anything, in that respect, with BCO, between Iphones.

Edited to add:  Since I've gotten no reply, should I assume I should uncheck that box on my iphone??  Will that prevent me from constantly being bumped out when on my personal computer?

Dx 11/11/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage Ia, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 12/20/2011 Lymph Node Removal: Sentinel Lymph Node Dissection (Left)Surgery 01/20/2012 Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Chemotherapy 03/01/2012 Adriamycin, CytoxanChemotherapy 04/25/2012 TaxolChemotherapy 06/27/2012 carboplatinHormonal Therapy 08/12/2012 Aromasin

Jun 24, 2013 04:07PM Moderators wrote:

Kam, sorry we are looking into answers for you. Hang tight.

Jun 24, 2013 06:54PM Kam170 wrote:

Hmm, I was still operating on your "cookie" advice, though I have a Mac and had never messed with that before (so that hadn't changed from before this problem to now).  I have that set to "Block cookies from third parties and adverstisers" but NOT "Block always."  For what that is worth.  

Ok, if I were about to hit submit, I would then be transferred back to the Log In page (not every time, but 1/2 the time).  If this message goes, without an addendum in a third paragraph, I got this message past the Submit process. :)

Jun 24, 2013 07:23PM Moderators wrote:

Kam, it's good to see no third paragraph!

Just checking my settings (also using a Mac, although not using an iPhone) for Safari, the Block cookies choice is also "From third parties and advertisers." Is BCO and your name here listed among those in the Passwords option for Safari?

Oddly, I don't have "Remember my user name" checked at the log-in screen, but it is in my Passwords.

Please let us know if this continues to happen - we can ask the tech team to take a look at it too.

Jun 24, 2013 07:34PM Kam170 wrote:

Things seem better now and all I did was uncheck "remember password" on my Iphone, so maybe that was it.  Good thing, as I'm not sure what you're asking about vis a vis the Password option in Safari! Cool

I'll let you know if the problem recurs.  Thanks!

Page 25 of 46 (1,373 results)