We are 145,001 members in 73 forums discussing 114,821 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) → Topic: IDC HER2 positive, ER/PR negative

Topic: IDC HER2 positive, ER/PR negative

Forum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for IDC.

Posted on: Sep 13, 2008 10:05PM

dorisranftl wrote:

I am 47, diagnosed 5/29/08, partial mastectomy, started chemo 8/21 (AC + T) and will receive AC every other week for four sessions and then Taxol every other week for four sessions.  Then, radiation and Herceptin for five weeks, then Herceptin for a year.

I had a 1.2 cm tumor in my left breast with six nodes involved, one measuring 3 cm.  Is there anyone out there with similar BC situation?

Doris

Posts 1 - 13 (13 total)

Sep 14, 2008 04:54PM looahvul wrote:

I am 57 and had a mastectomy 7/29.  I started Abraxane, Cytoxan & Herceptin on 9/3.  I will take Abraxane each week for 12 weeks, Cytoxan every 3rd week for 4 sessions and Herceptin every 3rd week for a year.  So far, so good.  After the first session with all meds, I was queasy on the second day and could not work.  I did work the day after chemo, missed Friday, worked Sat and the following Mon.  Had the Abraxane last Tues and have been fine so far.  Just a few sniffles and a bit of diarrhea.  While energy has been fine, I do get quite sleepy if I sit for a while.  Because of the full mastectomy, I will not need radiation.  I have some wigs in case I lose my hair.  I am a hairdresser, and don't want to lose it... but I have been blessed and fortunate so far with everything else.  I'll deal with that as I need to.  Keep in touch...

Dx 7/2008, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Sep 15, 2008 03:59AM bluedasher wrote:

I'm ER-/PR- and HER2+ too, but I'm not as far along in the process as you. I'm getting a lumpectomy on Saturday. I don't know which chemo I'll get yet except I expect to get Herceptin.

The whole world is a narrow bridge and the main thing is to not fear.

Dx 9/2008, IDC, <1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Sep 15, 2008 03:53PM strongmom37 wrote:

I am 37 and was dx 2 weeks ago with similar results. I just had my rt mastectomy last Tuesday..got my drains out this morning YEA...I am feel Ok physically, but mentally is another story. I have an appt called a Conference next week. It will have a surgeon, radiology oncologist and my oncologist attending. They will go over my course of treatment then. I have to have both chemo and radiation due to having 6 lymph nodes positive.

Dx 8/28/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIb, Grade 3, 6/15 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Sep 15, 2008 08:43PM looahvul wrote:

Strongmom... you sound like you are a fast healer... hopefully that will help you along as you get your treatment.  I really do feel like it has helped me.  I am 20 years older than you, so I can only imagine how you feel mentally, but remember you can get it off your chest in these forums... there will be someone to listen and help here.  Keep in touch.

Dx 7/2008, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Sep 15, 2008 10:15PM fightinhrd123 wrote:

I'm on the same chemo regiment, but havent had surgery yet.  My lump was 3cm, and at least one lymph, not sure how many more, may never know!  I have finished my AC, definitely not half as bad as I thought it was gonna be, and have ONE TAXOL LEFT YAY!!!!  Just had my 3rd today!!  Then surgery and maybe radiation, definitley herceptin for a year.  It went by a lot quicker for me then I thought it would, mentally its been harder though!  Im 38.

Laura

Dx 5/29/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIb, Grade 2, 2/14 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Sep 18, 2008 03:16PM KathyL wrote:

Hi all... I am 37. Dx last August when I was 36.  I had surgery, then chemo (TCH), which I finished in March of this year.  No radiation as I had a mastectomy and no node involvement.  I still have my port for herceptin infusions every 3 weeks, which has been nothing compared to the chemo.  I should be done in Jan. '09.  It's been a tough year, but the support I found on these boards and elsewhere was what helped me make it.  Hang in there.

Dx 8/2007, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Sep 18, 2008 03:20PM maryannecb wrote:

Hi,

I had the same tumor markers, 9cm tumor with2/14 nodes. I was diagnosed and treated 3 years ago. I finished Herceptin a year and a half ago and continue NED.

I am back to work ,reconstructed and going strong. Good luck to all of you still in treatment.You CAN do this.

Fists up!

Dx 9/20/2005, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIa, Grade 2, 2/14 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Sep 18, 2008 04:15PM lfasano44 wrote:

maryannecb: Thank you for your post.  I am 31 with three small children and sort of have a similar dx.  I am two treatments into 6 cycles of TCH.  Everyday I worry so much so it is so nice to see that you are still NED.  Helps me feel like everything will work out.  Thank you again!

Dx 7/8/2008, IDC, 5cm, Grade 3, 8/14 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Sep 18, 2008 06:15PM lkc wrote:

Hi Girls,

My signature has my stats. I am 3.5 yrs out, reconstructed a, NED and back to life as normal! This is a great site for support and accurate info. It was a lifeline for me on a daily basis. Now I check in occasionlly  to give support where I can.

I am not going to say its going to be  easy, but it is doable! Take good care of yourself and keep  in mind that Herceptin  is our magic bullet.

God Bless.,

Linda K dx'd May 05 Stage IIIC erpr-, her pos, 12 pos nodes

Sep 18, 2008 06:20PM, edited Sep 18, 2008 06:32PM by dorisranftl

Well keep in touch!  We can compare notes and strategies.  Thakns for responding.  Doris

p.s.  I live in Ohio.

Doris

Dx 5/29/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 6/17 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Sep 18, 2008 10:35PM mississippigirl wrote:

Hi! I am so new to this-what is NED? I am 57, HER2 positive, ER/PRnegative, 1.5cm, node negative-elected to have bilateral mastectomies and have asked for Herceptin which I just started.

Sep 19, 2008 01:38PM dorisranftl wrote:

I'm new too but it means no evidence of cancer.  Your personal diagnosis info doesn't show up at the bottom of your postings.  That's probably a personal choice but htought I'd bring it to your attention in case you wanted it shown.  That prevents having to tell everyone your status!  When were you diagnosed?  Were you "In situ'?  If so, you're probably going to be just fine.  Hang in there and rely on this website for support. 

Doris

Dx 5/29/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 6/17 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Sep 21, 2008 11:20AM madarin wrote:

Hi There! I have the same diagnosis, ER/PR neg, Her2Neu pos. with 2 nodes removed, both neg. My tumor(s) were 1.7cm and 0.7cm, one behind the other in the same breast. I completed all therapies last month, which were Taxotere & Carboplatin for 6 cycles Aug - Dec07, plus Herceptin for a year, ending Aug 20th. I had a rt breast mast on 7/22/07, and had the tissue expander installed on 8/7/208. I'm currently at 390 cc's on my way to 550. I expect to have the exchange surgery (with modifications to the left breast to match) in either late october or early November. New Ta-Ta's for Thanksgiving! Hang tough, sister!

Darby in Florida

Darby

Dx 7/11/2007, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+