← Breastcancer.org

Archive for November, 2010

Thanksgiving

By Dr. Marisa Weiss on November 22nd, 2010 Tags: , ,

I want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving.

This is an important holiday to all of us — a chance for us to be thankful for the good things in life and to spend time with loved ones. It’s probably the only time this year that my whole family is going to get together. Twenty-eight people are coming to my house. OH MY…and I’m doing…

Organic Fruits and Vegetables: What, Why, and How?

By Dr. Marisa Weiss on November 18th, 2010 Tags: , ,

Before I get into the organic discussion, I want to do some cheerleading for fruits and vegetables. Cancer experts and registered dietitians recommend eating five or more servings of a variety of veggies and fruits each day. Mixing up your choices is important because different fruits and vegetables have different nutrients.

So now, as you’re munching on some carrots or blueberries, let’s talk organic.

What

Welcome to the Think Pink, Live Green Column!

By Dr. Marisa Weiss on November 4th, 2010

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for joining me here on my Think Pink, Live Green column, where I’ll be addressing environmental impact on breast cancer risk from my new dual-citizenship perspective as the “patient doctor.” Let me explain.

You might be already familiar with my doctor role: as president and founder of Breastcancer.org and a practicing radiation oncologist with over 20 years experience treating patients with…

Breastcancer.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing information and community to those touched by this disease. Learn more about our commitment to providing complete, accurate, and private breast cancer information.

Breastcancer.org 7 East Lancaster Avenue, 3rd Floor Ardmore, PA 19003

© 2014 Breastcancer.org - All rights reserved.