← Breastcancer.org

Archive for June, 2011

Think Pink, Clean Green

By Dr. Marisa Weiss on June 22nd, 2011 Tags: , ,

Spring has sprung in my neighborhood, and I see a lot of people doing their spring cleaning routines: washing the outsides of the windows, deep cleaning rugs and carpeting, and decluttering and degriming the garage.

While there‚Äôs not a lot of research on cleaning product exposure, we do know that many are made from petroleum byproducts or contain chemicals that are considered hormone disruptors. Hormone…

Grilling Wisely

By Dr. Marisa Weiss on June 9th, 2011 Tags: , ,

If you’re like me, grilling is a big part of what makes summer fun. To make your cookout as healthy as possible, try to follow these steps.

Start with unprocessed meats. Researchers are beginning to tease out the differences between eating processed versus unprocessed meat. Processed meat includes hot dogs, sausage, pepperoni, bacon, and lunch meats. Many scientists now think that some of the risks…

Breastcancer.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing information and community to those touched by this disease. Learn more about our commitment to providing complete, accurate, and private breast cancer information.

Breastcancer.org 7 East Lancaster Avenue, 3rd Floor Ardmore, PA 19003

© 2014 Breastcancer.org - All rights reserved.