← Breastcancer.org

Archive for December, 2011

Moisturizers: Hope or Harm in a Jar?

By Dr. Marisa Weiss on December 28th, 2011 Tags: ,

When I flip through magazines, I often find myself getting sucked into the swirl of skin care ads. The promises are hard to ignore: with just a few pats of a cream or serum, I can look younger, with firmer, softer skin protected against the signs of aging. Any and all perceived flaws seem to magically disappear, sometimes instantly. It’s no wonder that moisturizers and…

When It Comes to Exercise, Just Do It

By Dr. Marisa Weiss on December 14th, 2011 Tags: ,

First, let’s get the excuses out of the way. When it came to exercise, I had these plus a few more readily available, especially at busy times of year (like right now!):

• I’m too tired.
  • I’m too old.
  • My knees hurt.
  • I don’t have time.
  • I don’t have the right clothes.
  • It’s too cold/wet/hot/humid outside.
  • I don’t know how.
  • It’s boring
  • I don’t like

Adjusting to the New Alcohol Research: How I Do It

By Dr. Marisa Weiss on December 1st, 2011 Tags: , ,

In my column Alcohol and Cancer: You Can’t Drink to Your Health, we talked about the recent research that reaffirms the alcohol and breast cancer link — but also makes safe alcohol limits even lower than previously thought. Our column sparked a very good question from a community member:

Ktn says:

This is a hard one for me because I really enjoy a glass…

Breastcancer.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing information and community to those touched by this disease. Learn more about our commitment to providing complete, accurate, and private breast cancer information.

Breastcancer.org 7 East Lancaster Avenue, 3rd Floor Ardmore, PA 19003

© 2014 Breastcancer.org - All rights reserved.