← Breastcancer.org

Archive for 2012

Chutney for the Holidays

By Dr. Marisa Weiss on December 14th, 2012 Tags: , , ,

The holidays are such a festive time of year – travel to see family, visits with friends, and parties galore.

When catching up, I always like to bring a small gift to share. But it can be hard to know just what to bring — and I don’t like to spend time wandering aisles for that perfect something. So a few years back, I decided…

Make Your Own Cleaning Products

By Ed Begley, Jr. on November 29th, 2012 Tags: ,

Breastcancer.org is proud to present content from The Family Dinner: Great Ways to Connect with Your Kids, One Meal at a Time by Laurie David and Kirstin Uhrenholdt. Laurie is a very special friend and champion of Breastcancer.org. The Family Dinner features ideas for meal planning as well as eco-conscious choices you can make every day. We’re pleased to share the following contribution to the…

Mind, Body, Spirit, and Gratitude at the Wanderlust Festival

By Dr. Marisa Weiss on November 15th, 2012 Tags: , , , ,

The only way to truly recover from breast cancer and get to a new normal is to take the time to heal. Time certainly helps. But when you think about all the attention your physical body gets through and beyond the process — from radiologists, pathologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, plastic surgeons, physical therapists, etc — it’s no wonder that your mind, spirit, and…

The Family Dinner Recipe: Miso Noodle Soup with Vegetables

By Laurie David and Kirstin Uhrenholdt on October 19th, 2012 Tags: , ,

Breastcancer.org is proud to present recipes from The Family Dinner: Great Ways to Connect with Your Kids, One Meal at a Time by Laurie David and Kirstin Uhrenholdt (Grand Central Life & Style, 2010). Laurie is a very special friend and champion of Breastcancer.org. We’re pleased to share Laurie and Kirstin’s delicious, healthy recipes as part of Think Pink, Live Green!

Miso soup is comfort…

To Cook or Not to Cook — That Is the Question

By Dr. Marisa Weiss on October 3rd, 2012 Tags: , ,

My food goals are simple. I want to eat healthy, nutritious foods that taste good and are easy to prepare. Plus, I need to eat a lot to feel satisfied, so I eat a lot of vegetables. Whenever possible I buy my vegetables from organic sources, especially if they’re on the Dirty Dozen list, because they provide the most bang for my nutritional…

Should You Worry About Your Tampons and Pads?

By Dr. Marisa Weiss on September 6th, 2012 Tags: ,

Have you recently checked out the feminine hygiene aisle in the drugstore? It’s as varied as a bookstore! What a huge change in feminine products. Pads that were once bulky and held in by pins and straps are now thin and self-stick. Old fashioned powder-pink-and-blue packaging is now hot pink and lime green. Some manufacturers have abandoned classic ads featuring happy-go-lucky women dancing in tight…

Greener Ways to Keep Bugs at Bay

By Dr. Marisa Weiss on August 22nd, 2012 Tags: ,

Here in the Northeast United States, we’re in the thick of summer, which means all sorts of creepy, crawly, flying things are lurking outside our house waiting to bite me. Or they’re trying to get inside the house so they can crawl on me or bite me. Either way, I know I’m the intended target. While other people are leisurely sipping ice tea at backyard…

Page 1 of 3123

Breastcancer.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing information and community to those touched by this disease. Learn more about our commitment to providing complete, accurate, and private breast cancer information.

Breastcancer.org 7 East Lancaster Avenue, 3rd Floor Ardmore, PA 19003

© 2014 Breastcancer.org - All rights reserved.