We are 144,988 members in 73 forums discussing 114,800 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY → Topic: signs to look out for

Topic: signs to look out for

Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only or those posting on behalf of a Stage IV patient. There is a separate forum for Stage IV Caregivers/Family in "Support and Community Connections".

Posted on: Dec 6, 2007 09:02AM, edited Dec 6, 2007 09:02AM by minette

minette wrote:

Hi Ladies

I have decided to take a chemo break for 3 months it will just be great to feel like a normal person for a while. Haven't seen my doctor just phoned in to say that I want to take a break. One of the nurses called me and said that my husband and I should see someone with my decision. I sometimes wish I had more information the only thing I know is that I am a Grade 2 and they said I cant get hercepton.

I just want to know if there are any signs I must look out for during this break? The nurse did seem to think there will be progression and it depends on if it is aggressive or not. Now I am abit nervous but really feel I need to take a break.

It will help if I could get some advise or what to look out for during the next 3 months.

LOL

Minette

Posts 1 (1 total)

Dec 6, 2007 12:37PM katie11 wrote:

Hi Minette,

I did 5 months of taxotere and xeloda and then took a break for 4 months to undergo a mastectomy.  My mets stayed stable during that whole time and I am now on tamoxifen and lupron shots and am still stable.

There is hope!

Katie xx

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!

Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-