We are 144,998 members in 73 forums discussing 114,816 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY → Topic: A PAIN IN THE TAILBONE...!

Topic: A PAIN IN THE TAILBONE...!

Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY — A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only or those posting on behalf of a Stage IV patient. There is a separate forum for Stage IV Caregivers/Family in "Support and Community Connections".

Posted on: May 12, 2008 06:52PM

sugarplum wrote:

Can anybody give me some feedback on how bone mets feel when they're just starting out? My tailbone has been getting abnormally achy/sore from sitting at my desk all day - I've been an office worker my whole life & rarely had this problem - now after 10 days or so it's starting to concern me. Are bone mets sharp pain or dull? Do they ache constantly or only in certain positions? Sorry for the freakout...

Posts 1 - 11 (11 total)

May 12, 2008 07:10PM LuAnnH wrote:

Do you have a boss or husband that is a pain in the rump?  LOL  Sorry just kidding, thought I would lighten it up a little.  Pain in the tailbone and back area can be from so many things it is hard to try and pinpoint it to any one thing.  I have severe pain in spine, lower back, hip, thighs and all the way to my feet.  I have bone mets but none of this pain in the back and lower extremties is cancer realated.  I would highly recommend taking to your GP first, they should then send you onto a spine doc, if they refer you to your onc, ask for an MRI and he can then find the problem to refer you to the right doctor that you will need.

LuAnn --

Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 13, 2008 12:03AM JoyRebecca wrote:

Everyone's bone mets feel different. The only way to tell is to get it checked out.

Good luck!!

XX

Joy

Dx 5/5/2007, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 13, 2008 04:51PM sugarplum wrote:

Thanks for the feedback...called my onc & he recommended a bone scan & Xray of lower lumbar spine (guess they took me seriously) - hospital to call me & set up a time. Deep breath..... 

Keep calm and carry on....

Dx 4/28/2006, IDC, Stage IIIc, Grade 3, 10/20 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 06/06/2006 Mastectomy (Both); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Chemotherapy 07/05/2006 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxotereSurgery 11/30/2006 Prophylactic Ovary Removal (Both); Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Hormonal Therapy 12/17/2006 ArimidexRadiation Therapy 01/10/2007 External

May 13, 2008 09:20PM jan125 wrote:

Oh gosh, that happened to me. It turns out I was sitting on my sidewalk too long weeding our garden.

Also thought I had sternum mets, but it was my son knocking into me with his head when sitting on my lap.

Also elbow mets (which was really tennis elbow).

Then every time I can't think of a name or phone number or word it is brain mets.

Get it checked for your piece of mind, but try not to worry too much.

Jan

Dx 5/20/2006, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 18, 2008 01:43PM sugarplum wrote:

Had bone scan two days ago - the VERY kind technician disappeared afterwards for a few minutes and then came back in to us - she said "I'm not supposed to be telling you this but I wanted you to have a good weekend - the radiologist on call just compared your scan to the one from 2 years ago & saw NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGE!" We both hugged her & I was almost afraid to believe it - don't know how I would have waited until my onc returned on Tuesday. As it is, he may have some other suggestions about what is causing the aching, but at least I've managed to dodge another bullet for now. Thanks everyone for your support out there...as you know, the roller-coaster ride will still continue...  

Keep calm and carry on....

Dx 4/28/2006, IDC, Stage IIIc, Grade 3, 10/20 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-Surgery 06/06/2006 Mastectomy (Both); Lymph Node Removal: Axillary Lymph Node Dissection (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Chemotherapy 07/05/2006 Adriamycin, Cytoxan, TaxotereSurgery 11/30/2006 Prophylactic Ovary Removal (Both); Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)Hormonal Therapy 12/17/2006 ArimidexRadiation Therapy 01/10/2007 External

May 18, 2008 04:27PM Member_of_the_Club wrote:

I LOVE techs who break the rules. I've had several do this after I told them how anxious I was. I understand the reasons for these rule. But still . . .

Dx 9/30/2004, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIb, Grade 2, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 18, 2008 04:53PM SunshineSmiles wrote:

Yay!  Sounds like good news after all.  Glad it all has worked out so well!

Hugs,

Susan 

"Never, never, never give up" - Sir Winston Churchill - - Age 43, orig dx 5/2005 Stage III;

Dx 11/22/2007, ILC, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 18, 2008 09:36PM lexi4 wrote:

That is great news sugarplum!! I love kind techs!!

Hugs,

Lexi

Dx 8/22/2005, IBC, 3cm, Stage IIIb, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

May 18, 2008 09:36PM, edited May 18, 2008 09:37PM by lexi4

This Post was deleted by lexi4.
Dx 8/22/2005, IBC, 3cm, Stage IIIb, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

May 19, 2008 04:57AM LuAnnH wrote:

Thank goodness for the nice techs that discreetly give you good news!

LuAnn --

Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 19, 2008 05:10AM shiny wrote:

Great!

Very nice. I had a bone scan on Wednesday and the techs said (in the UK) we are not legally entitled to keep the screen from you if you want to look at it.

I did.  And they gave me hopeful feedback after. So I really get how good that must have felt! Great stuff!

Have a brill week.

LuAnnH, I see your input regularly on these pages, just wanted you to know I appreciate your comments. All the best.

Shiny 

Dx 5/2007, IDC, 2cm, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-