Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Unusual surgery - Local Axillary flap

camama2
camama2 Member Posts: 22
edited February 2022 in Breast Reconstruction

I have an unusual situation and am hoping someone has some input for me. Background...in 2005 I had lumpectomy, TAC & radiation due to TNBC. In 2010 I had gastric bypass and lost over 100 pounds. Fast forward to 2020 TNBC again. Chose to have DMX. Had to put off reconstruction because of being on Xeloda for one year. Met with PS in January. Due to my gastric bypass and having kept the weight off I have extra skin and tissue on my sides so my PS is recommending an unusual surgery which she told me I wouldn't find any input on. She calls it "Local Axillary flap / chest wall free fat transfer approach". Hoping she's wrong and someone in this forum can give me input. Instead of taking tissue from my back she's going to take it from my sides and then supplement with some liposuction. She is concerned that my radiated side may have issues with blood flow but thinks we will be successful. If not I will have LDF after I heal. Assuming the first surgery is successful I will then have another surgery to put in TE. I see lots of posts with advice for LDF, which seems the closest to my situation but I'm hoping that someone can give me advice. Not exactly sure what I'm facing but trying to think positively. My surgery is scheduled for March 10th.

Laurie