Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Welcome to the new platform

Comments

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,819
    edited May 2023

In the past we were able to edit a post or delete it, I don't see either of those options available anymore. Sometimes I share personal pictures, and since this is a public forum, I would go to that post after a few days and delete the picture, so it's not out there floating around forever.

Never mind, I found it. After seeing mountainmia had edited her post, I went searching for it. The 3 dots at the top right.

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857

This does not work. I am not an idiot. I have been copying and pasting links into other documents, comments, on various platforms, for decades. It doesn't work. It seems you think if you tell me how it should work, it will work. Let me assure you, it does not work.

• mountainmia
    edited May 2023

Mods, this is the post I am trying to deal with

And ironically, yes indeed, I think that link works. But check my comments within the thread. NO. It doesn't work. I have tried multiple times to get my links to work and they don't. This isn't on me.

• mountainmia
    edited May 2023

And really, never mind. I'm out. You've lost another valuable contributor.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,811
    edited May 2023

Hi @mountainmia

We are sorry for the frustrations. We have made your links hyperlinked now by editing your post, tapping the link and choosing the first display style (the little horizontal line). We aren’t sure why the links weren’t working for you, so we will report that to the tech team. We have found many times also, if you copy and paste a url and it doesn’t appear as a hyperlink, putting your cursor at the end of the url and typing enter or the space bar will activate the link.

Hope this helps, and that you stick around.

—The Mods

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690

What are “drafts”? I do not wish to watch numerous videos or comb through the many topics/comments relating to this new platform. I tried the search function to see if there is an explanation of drafts but came up with nothing. It seems to me that the site records a “draft” every time I read a thread. I am not creating a draft at all but simply reading a comment. I know I can delete drafts but what is their purpose to begin with? Yes mods, I’m sure an explanation is here somewhere but I have neither the time or patience to hunt it down beyond what I’ve done.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,934

I've got 10 "drafts." WTF.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,934

If I open a thread just to read it, but not comment, it is not a draft. A draft is if I start to write something, but decide to save it and come back to it later. I have not done that, nor have i ever hit the Save Draft button.o not call BCO checking on who visited what threads "drafts." We are not stupid enough to fall for that. Call it TRACKING, because that's what it is.

• mountainmia
    edited May 2023

@alicebastable Yes, I used to get notified by email if I had new private messages, but that got switched off.

If I use the @ sign to designate someone, like I've just done with @alicebastable, is it supposed to be highlighted like a link? Because if it's supposed to, it doesn't. Another fail.

Another question: what are "walls" and "ideas"? I see this in notifications and I have no clue what this means.

• mountainmia

And I see the thing with drafts mentioned by @alicebastable

OH!!! WELL. So there is supposed to be a pop-up box to select someone's name. wtf. That hasn't happened every time, or if it did, it was so fleeting I missed it.

See, this just isn't easy to use.

Okay, back to what I was saying. I see the thing with drafts mentioned by @alicebastable and @exbrnxgrl . Yeah, I did not start the two drafts that were in my drafts list. So that's another thing that doesn't work right.

• mountainmia

@wrenn Seems like they could track us pretty easily some other way, so I'm not sure. Either way, yes, so weird.

OKAY. Dagnabit. So this time I typed @wrenn and it gave me the pop-up list to choose her. The first time, at the top of my comment, it didn't. Look, if stuff isn't going to work reliably, either fix it or remove it as a "feature."

• mountainmia

And again it created a draft, even though the only comments I've made are ones I've posted. NOTHING saved as a draft.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited May 2023

”How to find your drafts This page displays your discussion and comment drafts that have been automatically saved. It makes it easy for you to come back and post them at any point in the future. “

Mods,

That is groovy but what both myself and a few others have stated is that we are not even attempting to comment at all! I keep increasing my drafts number simply by viewing a thread. I make no comment nor even an attempt to comment. I simply read and poof! I have another draft. Surely, simply viewing a thread should not result in the creation of a “draft”. Additionally, beneath each “draft” this appears :(No body). Well of course there’s no body since a draft was never even attempted!

• exbrnxgrl
    edited May 2023

I just clicked on Book Lovers Club.I did not even scroll down to the bottom or attempt to comment, yet it created a draft. Why?

• mountainmia

I reported the drafts problem with a tech-fail form.

• moderators
    edited May 2023

Hi All,

We are not doing any tracking. We have reported the problem with the drafts ! We too are having this issue.

Technical Issues:  https://form.asana.com/?k=8ZomcOLzdwpAln4VpRfP_A&d=10457227289678

• moderators

@mountainmia

We're going to remove the ideas notification as we aren't currently using that feature. As for the wall feature, take a look here: https://www.breastcancer.org/community/user-guide/features#section-how-to-use-the-activity-function

• mountainmia

Got it, thanks. If I had a vote, I'd vote for the forums to work well, before I'd vote for this new feature to be added. Are we trying to turn this into a facebook page? I don't want my "analytics" tracked. What constitutes a "visit"? And what are "points"? Why are points assigned, and why are they public? How can I have this feature turned off?

• moderators

We agree 100%. We want the forums to work well before we add on! Thanks for pointing out the "points". Looks like we had the settings to 1 point for each "like" you gave a post. We set it to 0, so hopefully no more points. The Vanilla platform provides the option of points assigned to certain reactions.

• mountainmia

@moderators thank you for explaining points. Hopefully no more points. Seems like a competition no one needs to have.

• dancemom
    dancemom Member Posts: 404

Too much scrolling necessary. I don't spend much time here, but do value the experiences of others in s similar boat, and particularity like to read about "familiar" people. The old/new formst one I could at least see headlines quickly, and click straight to newest comments. I really don't have the time or energy to read through every new stage 1/ non diagnosed yet persons latest hospital bills. This new / new format is something I really don't have time for.

De novo, oligometestatic, stage 4,

• moderators

The issue with the drafts autosaving has been resolved. If you'd like to no longer see the drafts in your My Drafts list, you can remove them by clicking the x in the top right of each of the posts. We apologize for this inconvenience, and if you need any help doing this, please let us know.

• exbrnxgrl

mods,

Yes that removes them but the more pertinent issue is how do we stop a simple visit to a thread from being recorded as a draft? Also, after a ticket is submitted what is a reasonable time frame to expect resolution? I have submitted tickets about the issues I have with bookmarks (63 bookmarks yet only 8 visible) and an issue with a thread that ceased recoding last post dates on 4/23. Is the company that designed this “improved” site not capable of delivering the customization that is needed?

• moderators

@exbrnxgrl As stated above, the issue of a post being auto-saved as a draft has been resolved and should no longer be happening. The posts that were saved as drafts can be deleted by doing the above instructions.

As for your reports, we can assure you they've been received and the tech team is working on them in terms of importance. When we have an update on the reported issues, we'll let you know.

Thank you.

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,098

I have the same issue as exbrnxgrl. It says I have 79 bookmarks and only 34 show.

• exbrnxgrl

zogo,

I have submitted one, possibly two, tickets on this issue and brought it up a few weeks ago. I am sure that it’s not a priority issue and I am no expert in the field of website design or programming but I thought it might be a fairly simple fix. I was wrong.

• mountainmia

New problem outside of the community forum @moderators , which I have reported using the tech-fail form here. However, since I assume those tech support folks are mostly dedicated to the community forum, I'm also telling you so you can take it farther or report from another direction if needed.

The "Learn" side of bco is not working 05/28/2023. Early this morning and just now after 10pm I have tried to access pages 3 different ways: 1) links internal to bco, from new moderator-posts on research, 2) link external to bco, from a google search, and 3) directly trying to access from bco's "Learn" side. Pages are unresponsive and freeze. Error message with them as attached. As I said, I reported it here but ??? who knows if they care about this at all.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,484

This is not the user friendly place it used to be. i'v been on bco since 2006 and miss the old forum.

• moderators

@mountainmia we message you some hours ago privately that we weren't able to reproduce it, but thank you so much for reporting. The report goes directly to our tech team, so that they can work on it.

@karen1956 We really want to make it as user-friendly as possible. Please share any feedback with us! We want to hear so we can make changes, where possible. Here is our feedback form. The advantage to also filling it out here is that the whole team, including tech, will see and be able to discuss/review. Thanks! https://form.asana.com/?k=fy-8Kz4OziDNlUDAoQq2Yw&d=10457227289678