Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Welcome to the new platform

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 33,647

Mods,

I'm hoping I read this right and the site isn't quite ready just yet. What I've seen so far is not at all what I expected which is why I'm hoping it is not only a lot better than the just viewed and hopefully even easier or at least as easy as the site was before this change-over. I'm quite nervous now and already picking up notes of distress from others.

Not sure if I can stay either. Here's hoping.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,811
    edited May 2023

Good to see you, IllinoisLady!

We’re currently still in maintenance mode doing additional testing, but we want your feedback! If you would, take a moment to complete the here: https://form.asana.com/?k=fy-8Kz4OziDNlUDAoQq2Yw&d=10457227289678

Thank you!

• annabelle2
    annabelle2 Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2023

Your feedback form and link to sign up for a Zoom meetup (even though I don't think I really fit in with any of them) take me to a page that says something about not being an English site.

I am bilingual, but am not comfortable with my personal information and health history being accessed or processed overseas…

I was really hoping for some improvement here, but I'm not seeing it. Used to be such a great resource. This is very disappointing.

• moderators

@annabelle2 We understand! The feedback Jotform and Zoom signups are external links, still owned and managed by BCO. It doesn't direct you to an overseas entity, only external (meaning not community) landing pages! We currently have an English (EN) and Spanish (ES) community, so that message is just letting you know you're leaving the BCO english version community site. Hope this helps!

• gnobby
    gnobby Member Posts: 1

Not a fan of the redesign, and I think having “lol” and “dislike” reactions is a bad idea. Too much potential for trolling. (One would think no one would troll here, but we as cancer patients aren’t immune to that.)

I found the previous forums much easier to read; scroll down the list of topics and find the one I wanted.

• moderators
    edited May 2023

We're open and pleased to have your feedback. If you have a moment, the easiest way for us to keep track of all your input is to have you take just a minute to fill out this feedback form:

https://form.asana.com/?k=fy-8Kz4OziDNlUDAoQq2Yw&d=10457227289678

Thank you for being here, and for all you do to help us.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 33,647

I think there is some confusion — is the site fully functional now or is it open for feedback. It looks the same, as all the previous times lately when I've logged in.

Thanks.

• moderators
    edited May 2023

@illinoislady We are live! This is the new forum, but we are making improvements everyday. We are absolutely open to feedback, please feel free to share your thoughts here: https://form.asana.com/?k=fy-8Kz4OziDNlUDAoQq2Yw&d=10457227289678

We're so happy to see you back here!

—The Mods

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

Hi Mods , I would love you to remove the 'dislike' button. BC is a negative experience, we do not need this rei-nforced. I dont think the 'dislike' button would help with peoples mental health. I am hoping other members agree and 'dislike' is removed.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,819

I don't like any of those, Flag, Quote, Insightful, etc. But that's just me.

I liked how before, our avatar/name etc. was over to the left and not on top, it's also very small.

I would like to see "favorites" up at the top, instead of as "bookmarks", on the bottom.

I went to my profile to turn off all of those notifications, and had to go to active topics, to get to my favorites.

I could do without that bell up there, top right, with the red circle on it, that will drive me nuts. I don't want to have to go and click on each notification to get rid of it. OCD!

Our locations are gone again.

I do like that posters can save their post as a draft, so they can maneuver to other pages without losing their post, at least I think that is how that is supposed to work.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690

I too am turned off by the like/dislike buttons. Why on earth do we need people disliking each others comments on a bc support forum?

I do like the quote feature because it allows us to respond to a specific post, since our threads don’t actually thread when you post a reply.

• How do I delete my account here? Not a fan of the site any longer for a number of reasons.

• traveltext
    traveltext Member Posts: 1,051

Like the new design. All my details have returned.

Not worried about trolling with the new reaction buttons since it's so rare here. In any case, reactions are a social media standard and humanise the posts. Plus, they allow for instant feedback. You used to have to wait days sometimes to know if your post had been read. This is much better. Thanks.

• moderators

Thanks, traveltext! We’re very excited about this new home for all of our members.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,656

Hi. My private messages were working, and now when I click on the envelope, I get an error message.

KBL(Kris)

• moderators

@kbl Are you still seeing this issue? We can't replicated. If you are still experiencing this, can you please fill out this form so our tech team can be made aware?

Thank you!

—The Mods

• kbl

Yes. I’ve submitted the form. It was working the other day.

• weninwi
    weninwi Member Posts: 747

Comments….

1. The Private Message page seems less clear….uses a pencil symbol to start a message instead of words. I think words are better than just symbols. Also, my list of commenters who I had friended so I could send them a private message is gone.

2. I don't care for the font and font color as it's all the same. This makes a page harder to read as all text is visually the same.

3. I have to re-log-in more frequently and at times I'm not taken to the last post of a discussion board.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,044

MODS - I can not find how to send a private message - to the mods or to anyone else.

HELP. I've asked before so it if you send me an answer PM, I may never find it.

ANd I may never find this thread again either. HELP

• moderators
    edited May 2023

@minustwo We responded on the other thread where you asked this question, but we'll respond here too! You can find your own inbox in the Quick Links section (same place you'll find your Bookmarks, your pm's are under Inbox). If you'd like to pm another member, click on their username in any thread, and a profile window will pop up with the message option.

• kbl

I also get to it this way.

• moderators

weninwi, has the login time gotten better for you? Also, good feedback about the different fonts. We'll add that to the list to look into.

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,098

Trying to see the Diet and Nutrition page and got this. Screenshot of my computer screen. Tried it twice and got the same thing.

• moderators
    edited May 2023

Hi @zogo, can you fill out the form for this issue here? It goes directly to our tech team, who can look into why this might be happening for you.

https://form.asana.com/?k=8ZomcOLzdwpAln4VpRfP_A&d=10457227289678

Thank you!!

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 658

I'm on the fence about the new format. I like some of the new features, for instance that I can start a post and react to postings on that page and my post will carry through to the next page without having to copy and paste. I like the ability to bold and @ someone to respond to them. Using the bell icon to navigate to new posts on a page is efficient.

Most of the site, however, feels harder to use. I have to log in and then log in again for the community on a new tab. That seems redundant. It's visually still hard to read with a bright white background and lack of font sizes. Names and profile pictures are harder to see as the font is significantly smaller. It's not as obvious who has posted. I have read the tutorials on updating my diagnosis, treatments etc but it still doesn't show under my posts and to fill it all out in the "My diagnosis" etc section is really tedious. It doesn't seem to do anything except feed my personal info into a research site. I haven't seen it copy to my profile under my posts so it's not clarifying for the community if I add it all. I'm here for the community, but it seems that has become less of a focus to the site. I don't need pages and pages of basic articles. What I really came to find was connection and that has gotten harder to access. It seems postings have dropped off significantly since the new rollout and that's really too bad. This used to be a great place to find support.

• krisk85397
    krisk85397 Member Posts: 4

I'm so sorry if this was explained somewhere already, but have some historical threads been removed?

Example:
    Google is still indexing a thread with the topic "Wish I had never,never done rads, DEEP REGRETS." The first page was indexed by the Internet Archive and the last page still resides in Google's cache, but I cannot seem to find the topic when I search within breastcancer.org.

There were 500+ posts in this thread (last posted in Oct 2020). Are these posts still accessible?

Thank you!

• moderators
    edited May 2023

@krisk85397. We're looking into it. Sorry!

@emac877, we agree that it's confusing with completing the signature, and we're working on streamlining that process. As for a research site, we're not affiliated at all with one. Which research site are you seeing?

Have you made sure that your diagnosis and treatment are public in your profile so that they can show in your signature? Going to try to help you with this and will send you a private message.

Our goal is to make improvements every week and want to be a warm, supportive place for everyone!

Also, for all Technical Issues, please try to report HERE.

And your feedback is really easy to track if you report it HERE:

When you use the forms, the whole team can see!! Thank you, thank you!

• dancemom
    dancemom Member Posts: 404

Way too much info to negotiate. Can't find old threads. Tried to update my info and I think it disappeared. I think I'm done. Can't find the threads I followed before, times 2.

• moderators

@dancemom, let us help you! We know it's frustrating, but we can try together. What are you looking for?